Jump to content

Electronica/Dance


bennyhana22

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Yeah but there's lots of space and it looks like this year there'll be even more space. I'm thinking on Thursday it might be better to go there instead of queueing for ages for Stonebridge or something else that's going to be completely overcrowded.

Also, SH has undergone a major overhaul this year. I'm genuinely optimistic that they've been aware of people's thoughts on it being a little soulless and have made a proper effort to give it some character.

For the first time ever I have a defo see on my schedule in Sonic!

Ben

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello. I am starting to upload a podcast type of video to YouTube. It may be of interest to some people here.

I like to sit at my turntables and go through records for hours. I thought one day that maybe I should record myself doing it for something to listen to in the car. Its kind of a development of that.

It may get relatively no views at all, which i think is most likely based on previous YT performance. I've never done anything like this before. I thought it would all be really easy and I would sound like a pro but .......
basically lower you expectations (and like it anyway please) is what I'm saying.

First podcast is linked below. Hour one is electro and other genres, vinyl giveaway, second hour is pretty much dnb and jungle. I'll be giving away something to one of my subscribers each time.



Here's a 130 bpm tech house mix I did last night

https://youtu.be/Mke_t08MAy4

Here's an older techno mix

https://youtu.be/rJNmO-yrw_U

And here's a techno mix I did last week 

https://youtu.be/gPbcmcz2M3Y

Here is episode 1 (electro, bass, jungle dnb)

https://youtu.be/irI-jOEv3OQ


I won't talk about this again. I am nothing to do with Glasto other than being a lover of the farm and feel i'm rippin the arse a bit with this. If you are interested, subscribe to the channel.



Hope you all have a great time at Glastonbury.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has already been asked..

Noticed Jamie Jones & Solomun on the Gas Tower Saturday night have been changed to...

Jamie Jones - VJ Volata XR

&

Solomun - VJ Fade in Fade Out

Anyone have any idea what that is? Solomun pretty much my main kust see if the festival at this point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lukemack said:

Apologies if this has already been asked..

Noticed Jamie Jones & Solomun on the Gas Tower Saturday night have been changed to...

Jamie Jones - VJ Volata XR

&

Solomun - VJ Fade in Fade Out

Anyone have any idea what that is? Solomun pretty much my main kust see if the festival at this point

I think Volata XR and Fade in Fade Out are who will be doing the visuals on the LED screens for their sets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lukemack said:

Apologies if this has already been asked..

Noticed Jamie Jones & Solomun on the Gas Tower Saturday night have been changed to...

Jamie Jones - VJ Volata XR

&

Solomun - VJ Fade in Fade Out

Anyone have any idea what that is? Solomun pretty much my main kust see if the festival at this point

Already asked but I think you can just google 

http://www.fadeinfadeout.co.uk/

https://volta-xr.com/

Gives you an idea.

I can imagine they will both be visually awesome on the |Gas Tower

I agree about Solomun - really looking forward to him and will be great and hopefully a highlight (with Franky Wah, Camelphat, Digweed, Nick Warren and Overomono) assuming:

1. Solomun can get from Italy on the Saturday in about 5 hours and

2. I can convince the Missus to stay out until 6am!

🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah great remember watching Bicep in the gastower last time was great, was dreading Solomun was going to be some virtual dj thing on the screens with that update, seen him in pacha a few weeks ago was brilliant, going to be a festival highlight (if he makes it😄)

Edited by lukemack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

reckon i can make it from arcadia (chems, finishes at 1am) to Overmono (iicon, strarts 1.30am) Friday?

 

the one way system will still be in force at 1am right? so its to SE entrance ?

Edited by TiZuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2022 at 11:12 AM, bennyhana22 said:

Also, SH has undergone a major overhaul this year. I'm genuinely optimistic that they've been aware of people's thoughts on it being a little soulless and have made a proper effort to give it some character.

For the first time ever I have a defo see on my schedule in Sonic!

Ben

Couldn't agree more Ben. Really loving the line up in the area, especially sonic. Think there will be some great crowds (which will reduce the stress on other areas). 

Personally looking forward the run of female DJ's on the friday on Sonic. Some great names there and it'll be great to drop in and out! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

reckon i can make it from arcadia (chems, finishes at 1am) to Overmono (iicon, strarts 1.30am) Friday?

 

the one way system will still be in force at 1am right? so its to SE entrance ?

We had this discussion about a week ago, i think the idea was leave 5mins early to beat the crowds or leave at the end and arrive around 15 min late

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

reckon i can make it from arcadia (chems, finishes at 1am) to Overmono (iicon, strarts 1.30am) Friday?

 

the one way system will still be in force at 1am right? so its to SE entrance ?

Yes; Yes; & Yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Overmono were really underwhelming at Wide Awake the other week so I wouldn't at all sacrifice eg Chems to see them. Slightly amazed at all the chatter in here about them. They were Bicep-lite, without the tunes, but whoever's doing PR/booking for them is doing an amazing job so fair play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Overmono were really underwhelming at Wide Awake the other week so I wouldn't at all sacrifice eg Chems to see them. Slightly amazed at all the chatter in here about them. They were Bicep-lite, without the tunes, but whoever's doing PR/booking for them is doing an amazing job so fair play.

Ouch, really? I was really looking forward to seeing them as a casual fan who only really knows their big tunes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Overmono were really underwhelming at Wide Awake the other week so I wouldn't at all sacrifice eg Chems to see them. Slightly amazed at all the chatter in here about them. They were Bicep-lite, without the tunes, but whoever's doing PR/booking for them is doing an amazing job so fair play.

That's really weird! The last thing I would have thought Overmono described as would be Bicep-lite! I mean, I like Bicep well enough, and am sure I'll really enjoy their WH show (haven't seen them before), but they are 'light'. Saw Overmono at Green Man last year and they were so much heavier than I can ever imagine Bicep being! Everyone knows that I'm much more into 'proper' techno and am not a huge one for the vocal sample more hooky side of dance music, but Overmono gave me a very enjoyable hour. I anticipate them going pretty heavy on IICON. 

Ben

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

Overmono were really underwhelming at Wide Awake the other week so I wouldn't at all sacrifice eg Chems to see them. Slightly amazed at all the chatter in here about them. They were Bicep-lite, without the tunes, but whoever's doing PR/booking for them is doing an amazing job so fair play.

Absolutely agree... I've seen them twice now and have been thoroughly underwhelmed both times, but thought i'd started to go crazy because of how into them everyone on here seems to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gordong said:

Ouch, really? I was really looking forward to seeing them as a casual fan who only really knows their big tunes. 

I mean, it was alright.  And they played all the tunes.  Just doesn't warrant anywhere near the levels of excitement from others, in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I mean, it was alright.  And they played all the tunes.  Just doesn't warrant anywhere near the levels of excitement from others, in my opinion.

I know what you mean. I'm perfectly happy to be seeing them for an hour, mainly as it's one of the E/D meet up sets, so hopefully I'll get the chance finally to meet some of you lot. And they're accessible enough that I think they'll go down well with an IICON crowd up for it on the first 'full' dance night of the festival. So I'm fine with seeing them. 

However, as everyone knows, they're simply an hors d'oeuvre to the main event that is, unquestionably, Client_03 and an hour of weapons-grade acid electro on Platform 23 in Shangri-La at 0300h that night. It's where the beautiful people will be...

Ben

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I know what you mean. I'm perfectly happy to be seeing them for an hour, mainly as it's one of the E/D meet up sets, so hopefully I'll get the chance finally to meet some of you lot. And they're accessible enough that I think they'll go down well with an IICON crowd up for it on the first 'full' dance night of the festival. So I'm fine with seeing them. 

However, as everyone knows, they're simply an hors d'oeuvre to the main event that is, unquestionably, Client_03 and an hour of weapons-grade acid electro on Platform 23 in Shangri-La at 0300h that night. It's where the beautiful people will be...

Ben

I may well join you...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2022 at 11:12 AM, bennyhana22 said:

Also, SH has undergone a major overhaul this year. I'm genuinely optimistic that they've been aware of people's thoughts on it being a little soulless and have made a proper effort to give it some character.

For the first time ever I have a defo see on my schedule in Sonic!

Ben

This is great to hear! Is there any more information about this overhaul? The wow stage has probably my favourite line up of any stage but was gonna almost completely avoid it because I found it soulless as others did. Was just gonna head to block9 every night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...