Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

cinemacarmaggedon ? that had fatboy previously ? has that been considered for any of the bigger names to split crowds 

I was at that FBS Ibiza movie screening, can't have been any more than 2000 in the field (which I think is capacity). They're gonna need to open more than just that to spread the crowds. There's 100K plus looking to party...

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I was at that FBS Ibiza movie screening, can't have been any more than 2000 in the field (which I think is capacity). They're gonna need to open more than just that to spread the crowds. There's 100K plus looking to party...

I just had a look at the 2019 line up. There are a LOT of venues open, you know. I started to make a list to post...and it just got too long! 

From memory, it was nicely full but not too much so at Randomer on Genosys and then the Glade Lounge was great. 

I think the issue is how big the names are that the Glade seems to put on the Thursday, compared to the other venues. George Fitzgerald was absolutely ridiculous. Couldn't really move at all to dance. And, with it being so central, close to WH bars etc, Glade is a very attractive location for the first 'proper' night when people don't want to trek too far. 

Ben

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Gotta say my biggest find on the whole line up is TSHA.

Had no clue she existed until a few weeks ago. 

Now she's top of my late night list. 

Gimme that acid house by the bucketload!

Same here! 'I know' is currently #2 on my spotify on repeat, really hope to see one of her sets.

On 5/10/2022 at 1:51 PM, Nudenut said:

Am an avid Centreforce Radio listener, any info as to any of their DJs playing, or indeed where I may stumble across some Happy/Balearic/89-91 old School Rave tuneage ??

Centerforce is all modern house these days.  Check our eruptionradio.Uk for actual underground sounds 

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2022 at 2:59 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The Gas Tower had a Slipmatt/Altern8 set in 2019 but that was on the Monday at 4am (a definite men from boys separator - no chance I was making that one)! Bez's Acid House/Flying Bus is a surefire bet for tunes from that era. The Spaceport usually throws a couple of names spinning old school, Altern8, Mark XTC, etc. Klaus Blatter (aka Irvine Welsh) loves the acid house, definitely a lot of fun, he played the Spike last time around. You might also find the likes of Mark Archer around the Glade Lounge.

If you love your piano tunes, Davos is always a good time, usually opening the Glade one day. I think he's back again this year.

If you can't find a name you know, your best bet is to take a walk around the south east corner until you hear something that lands. You're bound to stumble across something amazing.

Seeing the glade line up means none of this is happening this year sadly 

6 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

out of upvotes but top stuff! @MaxPower will also be buzzing !

but eeesh that's already looking like clash central Sunday night, or at least a right old runaround the farm with Bicep and Kenny that evening 

Yeoooooooo

9 hours ago, e_p said:

Seeing the glade line up means none of this is happening this year sadly 

Hopefully the Unfairground will fill in the gaps. Even if the names aren't playing, absolutely no doubt the genre will be well represented. My suggestion would be to wander around and see what you stumble across, or painstakingly go through all of the acts announced so far and see who plays acid house, old school hardcore, jungle tekno. We'll find some, keep the faith 😊

13 hours ago, nikkic said:

Pretty housey, more on the commercial side. 

I've only ever seen her once live, at Bestival 2010 and it was fun.

Whilst it's not really my preferred style, there's just something about her passion for music which is infectious. She has loads of fun, ergo you do. 

Listened to a this during lockdown when I was pining for Glasto......

Annie Mac and Bestival sets were the absolute best combination. AMP in the Big Top...my god I've lost some braincells at those nights. The 2012 lineup was GOAT stuff. 

Ok I think this is an appropriate thread for this question - still no David Rodigan on any of these area drops so far (was half expecting maybe Glade) - do we think he is either:

a) Going to be on a main stage (I saw him on the main stage at SGP once and he killed it tbf)

b) Not going to be there at all 😞

c) Going to be on an area not announced yet (although I can't think which that would be)

16 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

That glade stage would be almost impossible to close off given the openness and multiple access points 

Are we not thinking that the new Glade Stage might be much bigger than that bit in the woods? not that its likely to be huge, I guess there's only so much room between there and the Leftfield. just wondered if it might cut into the crew camping that was behind the spaceport / food stalls previously. 

17 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

So...are we thinking Block 9 announcement later this week? Anyone got any intel?

Let's hope so. Saw Roi Perez self confirmed for Block 9 yesterday - playing Saturday and then Maceo's sunday.

Anyone been to Maceo's and know what the deal is? Can literally any worker (i.e. food truck, stage, greenpeace etc) get into there or only certain folk?

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

NYC Downlow do we think? 

Well he's listed for AVA Festival in Belfast, any sets I've ever heard from him have been pretty banging techno. Mind you I'm going back a few years here to Shine when it was still in the Mandela Hall (RIP). 

4 minutes ago, rubick said:

Ah of course, didn't even cop that it was under Floorplan. 

Aye Floorplan is strictly gospel house, disco house and house in my experience. It’s a great set every time tho. 

Edited by MaxPower

2 minutes ago, rubick said:

Well he's listed for AVA Festival in Belfast, any sets I've ever heard from him have been pretty banging techno. Mind you I'm going back a few years here to Shine when it was still in the Mandela Hall (RIP). 

As Robert Hood he plays techno, with his daughter Lyric as Floorplan, it's much more disco-oriented. Maybe we'll get both versions in two separate areas? Hood on IICON/Genosys, Floorplan on the Downlow