Jump to content

Electronica/Dance


bennyhana22

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

So, team...

Double vaccines mandatory for clubs from September.

Thoughts?

Ben

Disgraceful and completely unjustified in my view. Clubs not even been open 24 hours and already clubbers being made the scapegoat for any rise in infections. Easy target as middle England have no intention of ever going to a nightclub.

I've had both my jabs but that won't stop me protesting about this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's such a difficult one, ethically. No-one has a 'right' to go raving per se, but this creates effective state-compulsion for vaccination, previously unprecedented.

I believe that the right thing to do is for everyone to get vaccinated, but it still feels 'wrong'. It's not as if it is being imposed for pubs which are often as if not more rammed than clubs. It appears a poorly-veiled coercion tactic to get younger people to engage in the programme. The end is beneficial, the means is unsavoury, by virtue of it being differential to other environments.

As you say, Matt, no issue for me either. And if it means that I can go to all my currently booked nights out then, predictably, I'll put my ethical compass back in its box. Tricky.

Ben

Ethically dubious as you’ve said Ben. I’m 100% pro vaccine and have been double vaccinated since March, but I don’t think this does anyone any favours. 
 

Double vaccine or negative LFT would be a fair compromise, but vaccine alone is simply a coercion tactic for a medical procedure which to my mind is unethical. I worry about the perception of young people when they see the vaccine as forced on them in order to have a normal social live. It’s a potential breeding ground for anti-vaccine sentiment and bullshit.  I expect nothing less from the Tories. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's such a difficult one, ethically. No-one has a 'right' to go raving per se, but this creates effective state-compulsion for vaccination, previously unprecedented.

I believe that the right thing to do is for everyone to get vaccinated, but it still feels 'wrong'. It's not as if it is being imposed for pubs which are often as if not more rammed than clubs. It appears a poorly-veiled coercion tactic to get younger people to engage in the programme. The end is beneficial, the means is unsavoury, by virtue of it being differential to other environments.

As you say, Matt, no issue for me either. And if it means that I can go to all my currently booked nights out then, predictably, I'll put my ethical compass back in its box. Tricky.

Ben

Couldn’t have put it better myself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gutted for Houghton although failing to see what exactly was the main cause they couldn't go ahead?

They did a fundraiser which I suppose was not enough? Perhaps the lineup they wanted was too expensive or couldn't isolate if traveling from outside Europe? (most likely) A few venues/festivals have already stated they'll be requiring a Covid-Pass for entry, as little as a lateral flow negative test (or PCR, or Double jab or Covid Recovered) & I totally believe this is the right way.

I'm kind of torn on how I feel about Double-Jab or no entry. I've seen France is going all out pushing for double jabbed to get on long distance transport (trains & coaches) & even cafe, cinema. I do see why the population has a "duty" to get vaccinated as a citizen. but the further implications & the powers surrounding it make it feel weird.

I would love to see what the scenes would be like if Boris implemented the same, double jab or no pub. Not sure it's right but if some people keep choosing not to get vaccinated & that brings us all down into more lockdowns... What is the best choice? 

I might be going Gala & even that, while being outdoors, I'm feeling strange about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

Gutted for Houghton although failing to see what exactly was the main cause they couldn't go ahead?

They did a fundraiser which I suppose was not enough? Perhaps the lineup they wanted was too expensive or couldn't isolate if traveling from outside Europe? (most likely) A few venues/festivals have already stated they'll be requiring a Covid-Pass for entry, as little as a lateral flow negative test (or PCR, or Double jab or Covid Recovered) & I totally believe this is the right way.

I'm kind of torn on how I feel about Double-Jab or no entry. I've seen France is going all out pushing for double jabbed to get on long distance transport (trains & coaches) & even cafe, cinema. I do see why the population has a "duty" to get vaccinated as a citizen. but the further implications & the powers surrounding it make it feel weird.

I would love to see what the scenes would be like if Boris implemented the same, double jab or no pub. Not sure it's right but if some people keep choosing not to get vaccinated & that brings us all down into more lockdowns... What is the best choice? 

I might be going Gala & even that, while being outdoors, I'm feeling strange about.

Perhaps given the current 'pingdemic' they couldn't guarantee they'd have the staff available that they'd need to build the festival properly? I suppose if it had been somewhere like London it might have been easier to get someone to step in for an ill employee, whereas Norfolk is a bit trickier to get to? I don't know, clutching at straws here and I agree it wasn't clear. Weird timing too! 

I think they went about the fundraiser completely wrong, why weren't they open about the amount of money they needed to get the festival over the line instead of trying to flog an undisclosed number £20 mugs?!

I've also got tickets for Gala and agree about feeling strange. Have you been before? Presumably they won't have tents or anything and it'll all be open air. Also slightly bricking it that I'll get a positive test and the whole thing will be kyboshed anyway!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sundance said:

Perhaps given the current 'pingdemic' they couldn't guarantee they'd have the staff available that they'd need to build the festival properly? I suppose if it had been somewhere like London it might have been easier to get someone to step in for an ill employee, whereas Norfolk is a bit trickier to get to? I don't know, clutching at straws here and I agree it wasn't clear. Weird timing too! 

I think they went about the fundraiser completely wrong, why weren't they open about the amount of money they needed to get the festival over the line instead of trying to flog an undisclosed number £20 mugs?!

I've also got tickets for Gala and agree about feeling strange. Have you been before? Presumably they won't have tents or anything and it'll all be open air. Also slightly bricking it that I'll get a positive test and the whole thing will be kyboshed anyway!

Yeah I have, last I went it's 4 stages. 

Main stage is biggest, open air, decent amount of space. Though with the amount of tickets they sell, each stage still seems to have a decent sized crowd by the end of the night. 

gala-festival-1802.jpg?width=990&auto=we

(pic of main stage size) 

Second stage (stage names change, so cant remember if this one has a name), is another outdoor stage, much smaller. It's mostly outdoors with a little bit of a tent bit in the middle, looks like this https://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2019/06/18/7-wonders-gala-festival-peckham-rye/#11

Pleasure Dome, is usually the most popular stage (maybe cause it's also a bit smaller?) & in the past has also been the hottest. With lots of people also hanging around the entrances to catch any sound leaking out, while not needing to dare go within the Dome. Can sometimes find a pocket that's not too crowded on the edges but fills up as the day goes on & depending who's playing https://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2019/06/18/7-wonders-gala-festival-peckham-rye/#13

& New to last year is the Worldwide stage (?) Left of pleasure Dome, last time I think it was mostly live bands playing this stage, felt pretty chill/not busy, whenever I checked. 
https://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2019/06/18/7-wonders-gala-festival-peckham-rye/#1 (clearly a picture showing it busy)

You'd hope if everyone tests negative before going, we shouldn't have to worry but of course it'll be there in the back of my mind. Not sure how I feel about the pleasure dome, but have also considered that if you can surround yourself with mates (which I don't have a big group like that) you could protect yourself in a bubble that way? 😂 Though not scientific at all.

Though now I think about it, people might be a bit more on edge with people trying to cut through the crowds & through their groups, as we all once used to. Will be interesting to see, if we go.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gone and bitten the bullet guys, will be heading down to fabric on Sunday during the day. Really should have booked the Monday off but I am up for a sober few hours of dancing.

Since nature is healing let me also give you a gift.

Daniel Avery is playing in room 1 midday to 2pm. Haai is then playing after till 4pm.

Two special guests in Room 1 on the Sunday, one was a last min replacement for Ben Klock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Homer said:

How was it? And is Fabric security as much of a nightmare these days as everyone says it is?

I didn’t see a single security guard. Only time I saw a guard was somebody being told off for filming.

I think the club has definitely relaxed a lot recently. But also if you’re going to openly do drugs in the crowd it’s semi your fault. There’s ways to be subtle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 3:10 PM, Acid Loafers said:

Yeah I have, last I went it's 4 stages. 

Main stage is biggest, open air, decent amount of space. Though with the amount of tickets they sell, each stage still seems to have a decent sized crowd by the end of the night. 

gala-festival-1802.jpg?width=990&auto=we

(pic of main stage size) 

Second stage (stage names change, so cant remember if this one has a name), is another outdoor stage, much smaller. It's mostly outdoors with a little bit of a tent bit in the middle, looks like this https://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2019/06/18/7-wonders-gala-festival-peckham-rye/#11

Pleasure Dome, is usually the most popular stage (maybe cause it's also a bit smaller?) & in the past has also been the hottest. With lots of people also hanging around the entrances to catch any sound leaking out, while not needing to dare go within the Dome. Can sometimes find a pocket that's not too crowded on the edges but fills up as the day goes on & depending who's playing https://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2019/06/18/7-wonders-gala-festival-peckham-rye/#13

& New to last year is the Worldwide stage (?) Left of pleasure Dome, last time I think it was mostly live bands playing this stage, felt pretty chill/not busy, whenever I checked. 
https://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2019/06/18/7-wonders-gala-festival-peckham-rye/#1 (clearly a picture showing it busy)

You'd hope if everyone tests negative before going, we shouldn't have to worry but of course it'll be there in the back of my mind. Not sure how I feel about the pleasure dome, but have also considered that if you can surround yourself with mates (which I don't have a big group like that) you could protect yourself in a bubble that way? 😂 Though not scientific at all.

Though now I think about it, people might be a bit more on edge with people trying to cut through the crowds & through their groups, as we all once used to. Will be interesting to see, if we go.

Absolutely love this detail, thank you! Wonder how the build is going in this biblical rain we've been having (I've not ventured down to the park this week to check it out). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone heading to The Cause in London this weekend for their 3rd birthday event? 
I’ve got a ticket and been looking forward to getting out for a dance for ages. But now it looks like a non-starter as all my group are dropping like flies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, gherring8 said:

Anyone heading to The Cause in London this weekend for their 3rd birthday event? 
I’ve got a ticket and been looking forward to getting out for a dance for ages. But now it looks like a non-starter as all my group are dropping like flies.

Decided to wing it and do my first ever solo rave. 
On my way there now as it’s a full day 8AM to 6AM and I have to be in before midday. 
 

If anyone from this group ends up heading down, and spots a girl with a smiley face disco ball T-shirt, please come say hey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 3:11 PM, gherring8 said:

Anyone heading to The Cause in London this weekend for their 3rd birthday event? 
I’ve got a ticket and been looking forward to getting out for a dance for ages. But now it looks like a non-starter as all my group are dropping like flies.

The cause has closed until further notice. Drug death Saturday morning and a few others in hospital. Bad batch of pills circulating. 
 

Thoughts go out to everyone involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The cause has closed until further notice. Drug death Saturday morning and a few others in hospital. Bad batch of pills circulating. 
 

Thoughts go out to everyone involved.

That's terrible 😞 

I wonder if we'll get more of this as people are desperate to go out and, conceivably, more likely to make decisions on purchases they might not usually make? Obviously that in no way detracts from the w*nkers putting that shit out there...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That's terrible 😞 

I wonder if we'll get more of this as people are desperate to go out and, conceivably, more likely to make decisions on purchases they might not usually make? Obviously that in no way detracts from the w*nkers putting that shit out there...

Ben

Awful news. 

One of my observations from Latitude last weekend was the number of (very) young kids in some real tangles and their mates seemed completely oblivious. They gotta look out for each other. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Awful news. 

One of my observations from Latitude last weekend was the number of (very) young kids in some real tangles and their mates seemed completely oblivious. They gotta look out for each other. 

I noticed this too honestly, some people in the dance tents looked in an awful state, alive and fine, but clearly just needed to go back to their tent and their mates weren't doing anything - not even getting water etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...