Electronica/Dance

So Electronica/dance crew. As I am working from home this is allowing me to do running again more. So starting off and trying to build up distance.

Got me thinking when out today with some icarus and underworld going on what I would do is choose a dance genre for maybe 2 weeks then change and so on. 

First up is breakbeat.  Not something I know a lot  of. So can anyone suggest some artists I should be getting?

Cheers

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Deadline for readying all the assets hitting now. They can't push it beyond the weekend – next 48hrs it's due. Suffice to say, no-one is walking away from this thread unhappy. Some absolute pearl

OK, long post. Strap in. Got pretty obsessed about secret areas (piano bar, rabbit hole etc) in my earliest Glastonbury years and I happened to read this in the build up to the 2016 festival. Jus

Happy to announce today that I have made it to the live finals of Bestival's Invaders of the Future competition, and will be competing for a slot at the festival this year next week

Posted Images

15 hours ago, fred quimby said:

So Electronica/dance crew. As I am working from home this is allowing me to do running again more. So starting off and trying to build up distance.

Got me thinking when out today with some icarus and underworld going on what I would do is choose a dance genre for maybe 2 weeks then change and so on. 

First up is breakbeat.  Not something I know a lot  of. So can anyone suggest some artists I should be getting?

Cheers

I don't know a lot of breakbeat, but I used to listen to Refracture a bit. I had a few of his mixes on my ipod, I think this was one I quite liked - some of his own tracks and remixes in here

Partiboi69 live on youtube at 7pm, this is not a drill 

And Helena Hauff is also live on Boiler room right now from her gaf it looks like

Edited by Madyaker
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 1:00 PM, evannn said:

I don't know a lot of breakbeat, but I used to listen to Refracture a bit. I had a few of his mixes on my ipod, I think this was one I quite liked - some of his own tracks and remixes in here

Nice one. Will check this out this weekend

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 9:09 PM, Madyaker said:

This is still one of my favourite tunes, I remeber I first heard it when he played it in the beat hotel, got an amazing reception.

Just posted in the new music bit, but Jamie xx has got a new tune idontknow up on streaming! 

I dont like his new tune on first listen but I will listen to it a few more times.

As shite as lockdown is I have to say I'm really enjoying the amount of DJs who are live streaming mixes directly to my sound system. Digweeds sets on saturday night have a become the highlight of my week to be honest! He plays for around 5 or 6 hours each night. Also caught some gems from Calvin Harris (surprisingly enough) and also Pete Tong who I've never really listened to before. Anyone else seen any good sets?

Good morning dance thread. 

During the lockdown I've decided to purchase Ableton 10 with the intention of trying to produce some techno, my favourite genre of dance music. It's all incredibly complex so I've taken a crash online course of how to use the software. With that in mind and having had no prior experience of making any kind of music before, below is my first effort, it's an acid enthused little number. I know @bennyhanah22 and a few other of you are into this kind of stuff so please give it a listen. Your thoughts, comments, abuse would be greatly appreciated. Thanks🙂.

https://soundcloud.com/evo88888888/naoh

7 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Good morning dance thread. 

During the lockdown I've decided to purchase Ableton 10 with the intention of trying to produce some techno, my favourite genre of dance music. It's all incredibly complex so I've taken a crash online course of how to use the software. With that in mind and having had no prior experience of making any kind of music before, below is my first effort, it's an acid enthused little number. I know @bennyhanah22 and a few other of you are into this kind of stuff so please give it a listen. Your thoughts, comments, abuse would be greatly appreciated. Thanks🙂.

https://soundcloud.com/evo88888888/naoh

I liked it, particularly the underlying acidy instrumentation. Couldn't get on with the loud cymbal sound though, it gets in the way of the better bits of the tune. It also sounds out of time in places, particularly the beginning.

On 4/20/2020 at 11:58 AM, bennyhana22 said:

Flipping heck, I need to go dancing all night.

I really do.

Ben

I completely and utterly feel it in my bones. I NEED TO DANCE. 

• Like 1

Dutch government have announced similar measures to here in Ireland so that’s Dekmantel out the window this year :( no word from the festival yet. Hopefully tickets will carry over to next year. 

18 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I liked it, particularly the underlying acidy instrumentation. Couldn't get on with the loud cymbal sound though, it gets in the way of the better bits of the tune. It also sounds out of time in places, particularly the beginning.

Thanks for the feedback man, I appreciate it. I’m still very green with all this stuff so hope to improve things moving forwards👍🏻

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Think I'm going to spend all the money I've saved on commuting on decks instead...

Anyone got recommendations for something solid, reliable, suitable for beginners and compatible with a Mac?

All depends on your budget & what you want to get from it really.

My mate just got a xdj xz.... but that is £2000. Lovely kit mind you.

I still have 1210s &  CDJ 800s. A bit primitive now!

14 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Dutch government have announced similar measures to here in Ireland so that’s Dekmantel out the window this year :( no word from the festival yet. Hopefully tickets will carry over to next year. 

They'll be announcing that tomorrow (Thurs), and the news is good/full of options don't worry.

• Upvote 1