Jump to content

Electronica/Dance


bennyhana22

Recommended Posts

So Electronica/dance crew. As I am working from home this is allowing me to do running again more. So starting off and trying to build up distance.

Got me thinking when out today with some icarus and underworld going on what I would do is choose a dance genre for maybe 2 weeks then change and so on. 

First up is breakbeat.  Not something I know a lot  of. So can anyone suggest some artists I should be getting?

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, fred quimby said:

So Electronica/dance crew. As I am working from home this is allowing me to do running again more. So starting off and trying to build up distance.

Got me thinking when out today with some icarus and underworld going on what I would do is choose a dance genre for maybe 2 weeks then change and so on. 

First up is breakbeat.  Not something I know a lot  of. So can anyone suggest some artists I should be getting?

Cheers

I don't know a lot of breakbeat, but I used to listen to Refracture a bit. I had a few of his mixes on my ipod, I think this was one I quite liked - some of his own tracks and remixes in here

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 1:00 PM, evannn said:

I don't know a lot of breakbeat, but I used to listen to Refracture a bit. I had a few of his mixes on my ipod, I think this was one I quite liked - some of his own tracks and remixes in here

 

Nice one. Will check this out this weekend

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I dont like his new tune on first listen but I will listen to it a few more times.

As shite as lockdown is I have to say I'm really enjoying the amount of DJs who are live streaming mixes directly to my sound system. Digweeds sets on saturday night have a become the highlight of my week to be honest! He plays for around 5 or 6 hours each night. Also caught some gems from Calvin Harris (surprisingly enough) and also Pete Tong who I've never really listened to before. Anyone else seen any good sets?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning dance thread. 

During the lockdown I've decided to purchase Ableton 10 with the intention of trying to produce some techno, my favourite genre of dance music. It's all incredibly complex so I've taken a crash online course of how to use the software. With that in mind and having had no prior experience of making any kind of music before, below is my first effort, it's an acid enthused little number. I know @bennyhanah22 and a few other of you are into this kind of stuff so please give it a listen. Your thoughts, comments, abuse would be greatly appreciated. Thanks🙂.

https://soundcloud.com/evo88888888/naoh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Good morning dance thread. 

During the lockdown I've decided to purchase Ableton 10 with the intention of trying to produce some techno, my favourite genre of dance music. It's all incredibly complex so I've taken a crash online course of how to use the software. With that in mind and having had no prior experience of making any kind of music before, below is my first effort, it's an acid enthused little number. I know @bennyhanah22 and a few other of you are into this kind of stuff so please give it a listen. Your thoughts, comments, abuse would be greatly appreciated. Thanks🙂.

https://soundcloud.com/evo88888888/naoh

I liked it, particularly the underlying acidy instrumentation. Couldn't get on with the loud cymbal sound though, it gets in the way of the better bits of the tune. It also sounds out of time in places, particularly the beginning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I liked it, particularly the underlying acidy instrumentation. Couldn't get on with the loud cymbal sound though, it gets in the way of the better bits of the tune. It also sounds out of time in places, particularly the beginning.

Thanks for the feedback man, I appreciate it. I’m still very green with all this stuff so hope to improve things moving forwards👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Think I'm going to spend all the money I've saved on commuting on decks instead...

Anyone got recommendations for something solid, reliable, suitable for beginners and compatible with a Mac?

All depends on your budget & what you want to get from it really.

My mate just got a xdj xz.... but that is £2000. Lovely kit mind you.

I still have 1210s &  CDJ 800s. A bit primitive now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Dutch government have announced similar measures to here in Ireland so that’s Dekmantel out the window this year :( no word from the festival yet. Hopefully tickets will carry over to next year. 

They'll be announcing that tomorrow (Thurs), and the news is good/full of options don't worry.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...