Jump to content

Electronica/Dance


bennyhana22

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

Skream open to close, got in there at 10pm left at 5, guy just went through every genre from disco to heavy 140, phenomenal night 

 

Likewise to what’s been said, always keen to meet likeminded people, couldn’t give a toss about age , though that’s possibly easier said as one of the younger ones 

Yeah I rate Skreams open to close sets. He's the epitome of someone who has absolutely no qualms with playing (or making) every type of music under the sun - which I really respect. He'll occasionally post videos of tunes he's making on Instagram, and some of them are complete clangers, but when you have the back catalogue and experience he has it's completely justified.

Generally though I think I'm in agreement that LONG sets can sometimes just feel a bit pointless, especially as the first two or three hours can be the DJ warming up. I think I'd rather have two different DJ's playing two different warm up sets y'know?

Having said that, it's all about the context isn't it! I can imagine Houghton is perfect for those extended sets.

Edited by Zacko
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

Skream open to close, got in there at 10pm left at 5, guy just went through every genre from disco to heavy 140, phenomenal night 

 

Likewise to what’s been said, always keen to meet likeminded people, couldn’t give a toss about age , though that’s possibly easier said as one of the younger ones 

Ah yes, Skream is a really good example of the eclecticism I'm looking for in a longer set. Sounds like fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Banging... I’ll happily share what I’m planning to see and same offer applies.

off to Printworks for Orbital on Saturday, btw... can’t bloody wait

Must say, I was very tempted for that one. It's gonna be tremendous. Please let us know what it was like. 

Same goes for everyone on here. Let us know how your weekend adventures were. I enjoy living vicariously through some of you! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Must say, I was very tempted for that one. It's gonna be tremendous. Please let us know what it was like. 

Same goes for everyone on here. Let us know how your weekend adventures were. I enjoy living vicariously through some of you! 

Will do... although I may need a reminder!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Has anyone on here really enjoyed an extended set? Arrived at the start and before they know it they've got lost and they're turning the lights on? Be interested to hear people's experiences, who are the best DJs for this kind of thing.

Three words:

Theo fucking Parrish 😎

But only if the sound is on point and he’s loving it, which he was in leeds end of January. Ive seem him twice at festivals most recently we out here and the sound was dreadful both times and it was not even his fault and it was just terrible. 

Also nominate Erol Alkan for this

Edited by Memory Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Some people lap up the "journey" of an extended set and others need the variety. Like you, I'm in the latter camp. Especially when there's so much other interesting stuff on hand to enjoy. I do get it, though. I imagine a six hour set would work for me if it was a personal favourite with little else on in the other rooms. 

 

Has anyone on here really enjoyed an extended set? Arrived at the start and before they know it they've got lost and they're turning the lights on? Be interested to hear people's experiences, who are the best DJs for this kind of thing.

Dj Seinfeld excels at All Night Longs imo. Best way to see him. Seen him do hour and a bit slots at festivals and was nowhere near the same experience.

I might be going to the Hunee 10hr at Phonox, which to some might sound like a nightmare but idk I love the journey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Dj Seinfeld excels at All Night Longs imo. Best way to see him. Seen him do hour and a bit slots at festivals and was nowhere near the same experience.

I might be going to the Hunee 10hr at Phonox, which to some might sound like a nightmare but idk I love the journey.

Wow, 10 hours! Fair play to all involved in that one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Three words:

Theo fucking Parrish 😎

But only if the sound is on point and he’s loving it, which he was in leeds end of January. Ive seem him twice at festivals most recently we out here and the sound was dreadful both times and it was not even his fault and it was just terrible. 

Also nominate Erol Alkan for this

I'd imagine Erol blasts through the genres 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's no way I wouldn't get sick of it at a ten hour set. Surely nobody actually does ten hours apart from  the DJ, they come and go? 4 - 6 hours is about the most I can actually enjoy.

Theo Parish is doing 10 hours at Dekmantel ill have to check him out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sean Johnston's 6 hours at ALFOS the week Weatherall passed away was a thing of absolute beauty.
 

Personally, I usually think 2-3 hours is perfect, but a longer set with right person in the right setting is magical.  I also particularly like them at festivals, where it significantly reduces the threat of clashes...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 2:39 PM, Kinkyinuit said:

Thats the best attitude to have tbh.  Berlin is my favourite party city and always have an amazing time there regardless if I make it in to Berghain.  

 

let us know how you got on!

Don't think I need to worry about that anymore as my trip falls within Berghain stopping all events🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

You think it'll be as Deadmau5 or as Testpilot? I saw yesterday that Testpilot is on the Shambala poster. 

I'd probably say as the Mau5 for more commercial appeal. 

That said, I suppose we could see Testpilot and Calvin Harris in his Love Regenerator alias in order to get over any exclusive clauses from elsewhere?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'd probably say as the Mau5 for more commercial appeal. 

That said, I suppose we could see Testpilot and Calvin Harris in his Love Regenerator alias in order to get over any exclusive clauses from elsewhere?

Yeah, good point. 

Really looking forward to the second year of Pangea. It has a lot of potential, and I'm sure there's going to be some sick new stuff. I loved Arcadia but it was a victim of it's own success, so if you couldn't get close there was a lack of atmosphere. 

Question is, do I get tickets for Deadmau5 at Brixton just in case Glasto doesn't happen? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Matt87 said:

Yeah, good point. 

Really looking forward to the second year of Pangea. It has a lot of potential, and I'm sure there's going to be some sick new stuff. I loved Arcadia but it was a victim of it's own success, so if you couldn't get close there was a lack of atmosphere. 

Question is, do I get tickets for Deadmau5 at Brixton just in case Glasto doesn't happen? 

Trouser the Deadmau5 tickets for Brixton (bound to be a great show) now and make a decision later on. You could always sell them at face value if he gets the Big G nod (which will hopefully be today - see next announcement thread)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Yeah, good point. 

Really looking forward to the second year of Pangea. It has a lot of potential, and I'm sure there's going to be some sick new stuff. I loved Arcadia but it was a victim of it's own success, so if you couldn't get close there was a lack of atmosphere. 

Question is, do I get tickets for Deadmau5 at Brixton just in case Glasto doesn't happen? 

That Brixton gig too ain’t gonna happen if Glastonbury is off...

I’m having the opposite thought re. Orbital today - if Boris announce ban on large gatherings today then Printworks is off, but ban may be over and done with by Glastonbury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

That Brixton gig too ain’t gonna happen if Glastonbury is off...

I’m having the opposite thought re. Orbital today - if Boris announce ban on large gatherings today then Printworks is off, but ban may be over and done with by Glastonbury.

True. But at least that's likely to be rearranged for another date. Glasto 2020 would just be called off altogether. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt87 said:

True. But at least that's likely to be rearranged for another date. Glasto 2020 would just be called off altogether. 

I don't think they'll call off if he bans large gatherings for a month... And no guarantee Orbital would be rearranged as it's actually just them playing at AVA, rather than their own event.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I don't think they'll call off if he bans large gatherings for a month... And no guarantee Orbital would be rearranged as it's actually just them playing at AVA, rather than their own event.

 

Oh no, I don't think it's likely. I wrote that as a worst case scenario type of thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...