bennyhana22

Electronica/Dance

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Another new 1 day electronic festival in London announced today - http://waterworksfestival.co.uk - looks like an interesting concept, picked up a ticket for £26, which I figured was pretty good value for the line up they've got on.

Yep, I'll be at that.

Not rocking the boat with bookings as such, but rock-solid top to bottom.

20 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Horrible news that Andrew Weatherall has died.. devastating. Was surely booked to play this year...  

Awful news. He was a good friend to Craig Richards so I imagine there will be nod to him at houghton this year

Very sad. Only 56, FFS. 
Looking at the cause, I do wonder how much a full-on life in the business will have contributed to such a young death. 

Got to look after yourselves, guys. Sad day for the electronic, and wider, music world. 

:(

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 1

578792902_ScreenShot2020-02-17at3_14_10PM.thumb.png.111eb6c190f3856763dfd7bce454eab1.png

Dunno why, seeing all the plans he had this year hits so hard to me. No matter what you're working on, life can just disappear like that. 

Absolute legend of the scene. A true pioneer. Seen him quite a few times, from the amazing, to the 'not to my taste', but he was always loving what he played. Never needed to conform.

A very sad loss

55 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Your man off Kraftwerk is playing IICON

Interesting...

Looking at some of his Musik Soldat live stuff, that would be right up my alley...could be flippin' epic on IICON.

Another interesting, not-run-of-the-mill electronic booking there Block9 👌

Ben

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Your man off Kraftwerk is playing IICON

Well this is interesting and kinda lines up with something a bit daft I heard.

I hope iicon has a similar booking policy tbh, was so good last year. 

I fancy a bit of British Murder Boys, maybe to take the same slot as Karenn last year. 

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

Do tell...

I heard that the block 9 guys have tried / are trying, to get Kraftwerk in Bloc 9. Probably for an unannounced set (the only way I could rationalise it) as I don’t know what stage could hold that kind of crowd. They wanted to shoot really big for the 50th anniversary. 

APE have them “exclusive” which means they either didn’t get them or they’ve secretly got them.

Its weird because surely Kraftwerk could headline a major stage with ease?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Think @Ddiamondd was on the Kraftwerk Block 9 trail last year at some point, so there could well be something in it 

I can chase this back up but they definitely tried to get a few really big names this year. I don’t know if they landed anyone though. It does sound though that they are working hard to get some really special bookings there for the 50th.

Thing is if you’re Bloc9 you go for Kraftwerk with the OG singer Ralf something first then failing that you get Wolfgang Flur so with him being booked I’d say that totally rules out Kraftwerk as they tour now. Bittersweet really. 

For context Wolfgang Flur is playing a venue in Wigan soon. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

I can chase this back up but they definitely tried to get a few really big names this year. I don’t know if they landed anyone though. It does sound though that they are working hard to get some really special bookings there for the 50th.

.....do tell.....