Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 1/9/2020 at 6:25 PM, Ddiamondd said:

On that note, if anyone is thinking about Dekmantel proper this summer, I'd advise sorting pre-registration... in the next four days. Hint.

Few things in that line up i could see in Block 9. Stenny b2b Skee Mask, Matrixxman b2b Randomer and admittedly not in Block 9 but 808 State live could pop up in The Glade

Brilliant line up from Dekmantel again. Can’t believe Mos Def is playing with Felas lad. Madness.

Would love to see Stingray, Skee Mask and the Herrensauna lot at Bloc9. Harvey in Downlow. 

Does anyone else think there’s room in Bloc9 for an indoor Techno leaning venue like UFO at Dekmantel? Would be a class addition. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Brilliant line up from Dekmantel again. Can’t believe Mos Def is playing with Felas lad. Madness.

Would love to see Stingray, Skee Mask and the Herrensauna lot at Bloc9. Harvey in Downlow. 

Does anyone else think there’s room in Bloc9 for an indoor Techno leaning venue like UFO at Dekmantel? Would be a class addition. 

Heard great things about the UFO stage. Its exactly what I would like to see at Bloc9

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

I’ve registered for dekmantel what’s the story with tickets?

Be there on time and you should most likely get tickets, walk in the park compared to Glasto.

Would go again but am a poor lad this year. 

Hunee at UFO sounds absolutely mental. 

Looking at keeping costs down and thinking Lost Village or Houghton for my E/D Fest fill, anyone been recommend either? Thinking Houghton might have the vibe of the year with the whole wind cancellation situation though all the sets I've heard out of Lost Village sound mental.

2 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Be there on time and you should most likely get tickets, walk in the park compared to Glasto.

Would go again but am a poor lad this year. 

Hunee at UFO sounds absolutely mental. 

Looking at keeping costs down and thinking Lost Village or Houghton for my E/D Fest fill, anyone been recommend either? Thinking Houghton might have the vibe of the year with the whole wind cancellation situation though all the sets I've heard out of Lost Village sound mental.

I’ve heard sound at Lost Village is shite. I agree though some of the sets I’ve heard from there are class used to hammer a Ben UFO one. 

If I do go any other festival as well as Glastonbury this year it will probably be Houghton. 

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Some more additions to Junction 2 today. Stacked card.

Indeed.

Who isn’t there? That’s quite a 9 -Z! 

Was thinking of giving it a miss this year due to other things but not sure now! 

8E975B58-6BC4-476B-B6EB-AC668B6765CA.jpeg

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Indeed.

Who isn’t there? That’s quite a 9 -Z! 

Was thinking of giving it a miss this year due to other things but not sure now! 

8E975B58-6BC4-476B-B6EB-AC668B6765CA.jpeg

It's actually illegal for anyone into dance music not to have a good time with this line-up. Love how the Hessle boys are playing together and all separately too.

I mean, I'm not going, but would have an amazing time...

Ben

48 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's actually illegal for anyone into dance music not to have a good time with this line-up. Love how the Hessle boys are playing together and all separately too.

I mean, I'm not going, but would have an amazing time...

Ben

That line up is brilliant also. It is tempting as a warm up for Glastonbury.

image.thumb.jpeg.8a6de77af8fa0023a65a1e75d9062137.jpeg

Think the above look good also if not a bit on the heavy side for me. Gravitate towards the heavier stuff nar days. 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Love how the Hessle boys are playing together and all separately too.

thats how it looks on that billing but I am not sure whether that will be the case in reality and whether they're just using the names to lengthen that list

For what its worth I went to Junction 2 last year on the Friday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Best sound at an outdoor london festival hands down.

Edited by Memory Man

15 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

That line up is brilliant also. It is tempting as a warm up for Glastonbury.

image.thumb.jpeg.8a6de77af8fa0023a65a1e75d9062137.jpeg

Think the above look good also if not a bit on the heavy side for me. Gravitate towards the heavier stuff nar days. 

Yeah, that’s pretty superb, Tommy, and obviously nicely heavy for techies like me. I was going to pull the trigger on one of the Saturday events until checking my diary and realising I was on duty all weekend 😩. In fact, there are quite a few good events on that April weekend that work has scuppered! 

Ben

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah, that’s pretty superb, Tommy, and obviously nicely heavy for techies like me. I was going to pull the trigger on one of the Saturday events until checking my diary and realising I was on duty all weekend 😩. In fact, there are quite a few good events on that April weekend that work has scuppered! 

Ben

Didn’t realise it was in April. Gonna see if my mate fancies buzzing London for the Saturday. Would be tempted to see what was on after the day event at other clubs in London as I’ve never been out there. Which are the better spaces in London? I’m clueless to be totally honest. 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1352365

that’s day event

https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1352377

that’s night 

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

thought that Dekmantel lineup is their weakest in a long time. usually I go, or really want to go but can't, this year it's not really grabbing me at all.

I went 2017 and 2019 I’d argue this year better than both of them. Who you think is missing/not into?