bennyhana22

Electronica/Dance

7 hours ago, lukethekid said:

They did a show in March this year with the deep throat choir so I don’t think they’ve completely given up on shows and Glastonbury 50 potentially that little bit more of a special one off? Hope so, they’re brilliant live. I think if they did it they could easily have the Hot Chip Park headline slot from this year.

Edit: Just saw that they’ve got a couple of DJ sets coming up over New Year and a couple of weeks later, don’t know if that’ll just be James Ford on his own or both of them. 

Jas Shaw has been drip feeding solo releases this year, yet to hear any of them but the feedback I've heard has been pretty good.

+1 for seeing SMD live though - saw them at Primavera Sound in 2008 and at the Academy in Oxford possibly the same year and they blew my head off. Brilliant act.

Where's the Floating Points live show gonna be then yo? Park stage seems a lock in, don't it. Flo Po subbing Caribou or somethin.

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Where's the Floating Points live show gonna be then yo? Park stage seems a lock in, don't it. Flo Po subbing Caribou or somethin.

They'd need to have something incredible, like say Flo Po subbing Caribou, on another stage for me to miss that 

I was wondering when the next 'dance' act will headline the pyramid?

Chemical brothers seem to be consistent other headliners? Prodigy without Keith might not be a big a draw? Disclosure as someone mentioned don't seem likely.

Who could do it ? 

15 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Chemical brothers seem to be consistent other headliners? Prodigy without Keith might not be a big a draw? Disclosure as someone mentioned don't seem likely.

Who could do it ? 

Daft Punk.

2 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

How did I forget about them haha !

Probably because with every year that passes, the likelihood of them playing decreases?  

Otherwise I'm really struggling to think of a dance/electronic act at the moment that have a broad enough appeal to headline The Pyramid.  I guess there's guys like Calvin Harris, Diplo, Guetta and  Axwell/Ingrosso who are definitely big enough but I struggle to see them headlining.

If Disclosure's next album has the same impact as Settle then they could be in contention 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:21 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

For anyone interested. This is an hour of Carl Cox's Boomtown set. 

It was really good. The best I have seen him ina long time. Miles better than Arcadia this year. I am gutted it doesnt show how he started though

Fucking hell, @FuzzyDunlop!

Why in the name of Eavis didn't he play a set like that on the Farm? That set at Pangea would have been incredible.

Gah!

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Fucking hell, @FuzzyDunlop!

Why in the name of Eavis didn't he play a set like that on the Farm? That set at Pangea would have been incredible.

Gah!

Ben

It's top isn't it? This is only the last hour. He was nails... if anything the first hour was better than the 2nd!

I completely agree re: Pangea. Im not a fan of Jamie Jones. I am blaming him for that set!

19 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

Who could do it ? 

Could Justice make the leap? 

The behemoth that the festival has become are there any dance acts big enough to do it that aren’t Daft Punk? 

Chemical Brothers have obviously done it before and I think could do it again but seems they have turned The Other stage in to the Chemical Brothers stage now.

Basement Jaxx, The Prodigy, Orbital, Kraftwerk any of them big enough?

19 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

Who could do it ? 

On popularity it will should a DJ.

It wouldn't be one for the purists. I can imagine the people moaning.

My problem would be the DJ would be shit, but I'd love someone like Prydz to do it, rather than Calvin Harris.

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

On popularity it will should a DJ.

It wouldn't be one for the purists. I can imagine the people moaning.

My problem would be the DJ would be shit, but I'd love someone like Prydz to do it, rather than Calvin Harris.

As big as Calvin Harris is and I’m sure he could his fair share of guest vocal appearances, Prydz would definitely be the bigger spectacle. His light show rivals if not better The Chemical Brothers, that Holo light show will bend your brain inside and out.

1 hour ago, lukethekid said:

Chemical Brothers have obviously done it before and I think could do it again but seems they have turned The Other stage in to the Chemical Brothers stage now.

Comically I actually find it weird seeing them anywhere other than that stage now and always find myself yearning for the field. 

Massively want a dance headliner on the pyramid, would be incredible.

One thing Bestival used to do was have a DJ on before the headliner whilst they were setting all the equipment etc up. Great memories of James Blake on just before someone (The Cure maybe?) Would love Glasto to do something similar, as it doesn't really require much.  

Festive / Future Clubbing Plans.

Has anyone got anything booked in?

I am going to Sheffield on 27th December to Gatecrasher. There is a classic trance room and I am going old skool. Not been to a classic trance night in a long time. Should be a giggle. Nothing else around Christmas though.

Pleasurekraft and Spektre at Gorilla in mid Feb 

DJ Rush at Hidden at the end of February

Then I am playing at Alter Ego in Manchester on March 14th for Majefa. A trance and techno night. I am warm up, but I can still bang it a bit.

Otherwise my cupboard is bare. Anyone got anything going on?

John Talabot, Mono Le Tough and Avalon Emerson on the 28th dec and then a three hour Laurent Garnier set on jan 24th!

Re dance acts headlining the pyramid, not going to happen at the moment, nobody big enough.

18 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

John Talabot, Mono Le Tough and Avalon Emerson on the 28th dec and then a three hour Laurent Garnier set on jan 24th!

Re dance acts headlining the pyramid, not going to happen at the moment, nobody big enough.

Where is that? That'd be up my street.

On 12/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, eastynh said:

Been listening to quite a bit of Simian Mobile Disco recently. Are they still a thing? Or is James Ford now the go to producer for the elite?

I see SMD at Wireless, the daft punk day. Clavin Harris was on before them and Digitalism was after iirc. Looking back that was an incredible  line up