bennyhana22

Electronica/Dance

8 hours ago, stuie said:

Great festival, lovely location, good sound levels and up for it crowd. I hope it keeps its edge this year as it’s gone to 2 days and a bit more house vibe on the Friday whereas the last 3 years have been techno warriors only.

We’ve been to all 3 so far and had a superb day each time.  

Nice one, that's great to know! I'm excited for it, I always am when the layout is quirky. That bridge stage looks like fun!

7 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

2017, 5am Sunday morning. 

I’m at Genosys (natch) nearing the end of an absolute belter of a night when a hand slaps me on the shoulder. I turn around to see this naked from the waist up, grinning young man looking nicely worse for wear, his arm around a young lady who was certainly not his girlfriend of the time (as she was not at the festival!). 

That was Child 1, now properly immersed in his first Glastonbury and the first time I’d seen him since the coach. 

Just lovely. 

🙂

Ben

Awwwwww

12 minutes ago, ravermum said:

Awwwwww

As a witness (possibly spangled), I can confirm it was a moment!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Someone at The Beat Hotel up early to post on insta, wonder if today might be their turn 

35 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Out of town till Sunday.

Happy Block 9 day to y'all. Look forward to reading through all of this tonight :P 

It’s not ‘til MONDAY, @Acid Loafers!!!

Argh!!!

Ben

18 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Someone at The Beat Hotel up early to post on insta, wonder if today might be their turn 

Yeah, think they'll drop today. Telling people on that post to "stick around" 

Fingers xd for Weatherall

Babylon Uprising, not sure of may names, but the altern8 Jungle special has me salivating 

D7PzDutW4AIgWV1.jpg:large

Edited by shuttlep

35 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Babylon Uprising, not sure of may names, but the altern8 Jungle special has me salivating 

Yes - me too

40 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Where is Babylon Uprising? Never noticed it before and now that Glastomap is gone I can't find any map with it listed. 

14 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Where is Babylon Uprising? Never noticed it before and now that Glastomap is gone I can't find any map with it listed. 

not got a clue, I am sure it is in Sghangri la somewhere

7 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

not got a clue, I am sure it is in Sghangri la somewhere

No no, it’s on one of the pathways between Pyramid and Williams Green, I think...

Ben

20 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

If I've got the right place it's a pretty small tent near the left field tent. I think. Has Always been pumping out some reggae or Dub any time I've passed by, which is u usually just on the way to somewhere else so not paying too much attention 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Good spot! 9am post. Might be prepping the guns of war.

16 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

No no, it’s on one of the pathways between Pyramid and Williams Green, I think...

Ben

meet you there

42 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

meet you there

Yes, I think it’s the middle path, where there is a bar on the corner at Williams Green with seats inside. You walk away from Williams Green, towards Pyramid and Babylon Uprising is on the right, past about two mins ambling pace of stalls, in the midst of the markets (hence - partly - the name). I think, if you were at the bandstand and stood south of it, facing away, then walk straight down and turn left at the next path, it’s right there, but don’t quote me

Happy to be convinced but apart from Charlotte de Witte, it's pretty uninspiring (People playing elsewhere/many times before) 

2 minutes ago, Ninety9 said:

Happy to be convinced but apart from Charlotte de Witte, it's pretty uninspiring (People playing elsewhere/many times before) 

Arcadia is definitely a different experience seeing a dj play there, and god knows what wonders will lie in waiting with the new structure. With the amount of clashes there already are, I dont see people playing elsewhere as an issue at all. I'll take Four Tet on Arcadia before in SIlver Hayes, and Horse Meat Disco there ahead of a 2hr queue for the Downlow anyday

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Arcadia is definitely a different experience seeing a dj play there, and god knows what wonders will lie in waiting with the new structure. With the amount of clashes there already are, I dont see people playing elsewhere as an issue at all. I'll take Four Tet on Arcadia before in SIlver Hayes, and Horse Meat Disco there ahead of a 2hr queue for the Downlow anyday

Yep

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

You make a good point about the atmosphere, maybe I was expecting too much!