Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Never really spent much time in Arcadia, as long as the sound doesn't have the teething problems the old setup did at first, can see us spending a good amount of time there. Very excited for this year, gonna be spoilt for choice

2 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Last time Craig Charles played Arcadia he played late afternoon, and I could see him doing the same again. In fact I don't think I've ever heard of him doing a late night set a festival before, he's retreated deep back into the funky bunker by that time.

Yeah we all went there last time everyone had a right laugh. Hoping for same again.

Up for Four Ter, Dan Avery, Bicep and maybe Black Madonna to keep a smile on my missis face is she wants to see her. I’d  much, much rather see HMD at the Downlow personally.

Isn’t that exciting to me personally but Arcadia never is and I don’t plan on spending much time there. Glad some big names are on to draw a crowd away from where I’m gonna be. 

56 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I thought Four Tet/Bicep might have been the final 2 one night 

Maybe. I assumed bicep would be at headliner time to be honest.

Charlotte De Witte last on Friday I expect. With Carl Cox b2b Jamie Jones before. I hope so anyway. Bicep and Four Tet are a bit mild for me. It's warm up music to me.

I'll be 100% at Charlotte.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Charlotte defo, assuming no unmissable clash elsewhere. 

Daniel Avery - I so want to see him and Arcadia would be a great venue for him. Presumably he’d be more straight up ravey than minimal/leftfield on Pangea (I was just about to write ‘on the spider’ ?)?

Carl Cox b2b Jamie Jones. I wonder if the latter will bring out the softer side of Coxy. That would be slightly less than great for me, but I could see them doing that on Pangea. I’m predicting: Glade - house, funk etc as billed; Pangea - tech housey with JJ; IIICON - straight up techno. 

But, a Friday techno night at the new fire-spitter sounds excellent, bombing off to the SEC at 3am for the second half of the night. 

I’m presuming that the new Arcadia will be a 3am finish. Has to be really, given its proximity to camping fields...

Roll on Monday and the (almost) final piece of the jigsaw. Then that nervous wait to see just how bad the clashmageddon is...

Ben

12 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Also, I think we’re sure that Monika Kruse is Friday too, aren’t we? If she was in The Temple at 0400h (so enough time actually to get in given first night proper packed-ness), that could be unreal!!! 

Ben

Only realised the other day that temple has been expanded since last time I was there in 2016. Anyone here go in 2017?did the bigger capacity help with the queues? 

Just now, GWR said:

Only realised the other day that temple has been expanded since last time I was there in 2016. Anyone here go in 2017?did the bigger capacity help with the queues? 

I went in on the Sunday night and got there immediately after the headliners as people were just starting to pour in. It didn’t take that long for it to fill and the entrances to convert from open to a queue system. 

Ben

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Charlotte defo, assuming no unmissable clash elsewhere. 

Daniel Avery - I so want to see him and Arcadia would be a great venue for him. Presumably he’d be more straight up ravey than minimal/leftfield on Pangea (I was just about to write ‘on the spider’ ?)?

Carl Cox b2b Jamie Jones. I wonder if the latter will bring out the softer side of Coxy. That would be slightly less than great for me, but I could see them doing that on Pangea. I’m predicting: Glade - house, funk etc as billed; Pangea - tech housey with JJ; IIICON - straight up techno. 

But, a Friday techno night at the new fire-spitter sounds excellent, bombing off to the SEC at 3am for the second half of the night. 

I’m presuming that the new Arcadia will be a 3am finish. Has to be really, given its proximity to camping fields...

Roll on Monday and the (almost) final piece of the jigsaw. Then that nervous wait to see just how bad the clashmageddon is...

Ben

Yeah, 3am finish. Charlotte 1:30 -3 hopefully, then I'll have a mooch about. I do camp close to Arcadia though. If I'm there - I normally end at Arcadia.

2 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Any CDW sets knocking around? I don’t think I see one on the spreadsheet.

Seen a few of her sets on YouTube and this Miami ultra set is stunning. Weird that's it's a daytime slot but it bangs.