Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 2/12/2019 at 8:36 PM, djdavejohnson said:

Giving this classic set a listen to tonight - played this on loop when I was at uni. The Erol Alkan set live at Global Gathering 2007, 59:22 onwards. If you haven't listened to it (or even if you have) - treat yourself! This one's on me :D

Banging mix got me through a crappy afternoon at work. 

Made me feel like I was coming up all afternoon ?

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 11:18 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

For those into this kind of thing....

Regarding my reference to Amelie on the previous page...

...there's clearly a reason she gets all the attention...

That is absolute class, @FuzzyDunlop

I know it's pie in the sky stuff, but can you even imagine her at 2am on Genosys...

Ugh.

Ben

39 minutes ago, dccool said:

Banging mix got me through a crappy afternoon at work. 

Made me feel like I was coming up all afternoon ?

Haha good stuff - glad you enjoyed it ? I had a similar feeling last night. I love the Daft Punk / Kanye and Eurythmics sample sections, class. Fantastic layering throughout the whole set.

59 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Regarding my reference to Amelie on the previous page...

...there's clearly a reason she gets all the attention...

That is absolute class, @FuzzyDunlop

I know it's pie in the sky stuff, but can you even imagine her at 2am on Genosys...

Ugh.

Ben

That would be something, glad you like it BUT.... it goes above your optimum 126-128bpm range!! Maybe hitting 132 there I'd say.

40 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Here's me thinking Amelie Lens was just a hype-machine. I mean it's not for me, but interesting to see she's actually highly rated 

Yeah, I rate her a lot. 

She's a perfect last set of the night DJ to me if Im at a techno night. High energy, varied, plenty going on in each tune & she clearly loves what she is playing.

22 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Here's me thinking Amelie Lens was just a hype-machine. I mean it's not for me, but interesting to see she's actually highly rated 

Its difficult not to be suspicious when it happens so quickly. I saw her one year at Dour and she was the first/second act, then the next year she's nearly headlining. I wasn't blown away either time, but would still happily see her. She can't seem to shake the rumours of ghost production, though...

Edited by OffshoreToon

33 minutes ago, OffshoreToon said:

Its difficult not to be suspicious when it happens so quickly. I saw her one year at Dour and she was the first/second act, then the next year she's nearly headlining. I wasn't blown away either time, but would still happily see her. She can't seem to shake the rumours of ghost production, though...

Thats the only thing, but... Im willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Its all rumours. You can never know.

I just think Amelie lens is typical mainroom techno which just doesn’t do it for me. Plays too many well known tunes and I don’t think she really brings much new to the table.

I kinda lump her in with Adam beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick and Ben Klock in the sense that you know exactly what you’re going to get

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I just think Amelie lens is typical mainroom techno which just doesn’t do it for me. Plays too many well known tunes and I don’t think she really brings much new to the table.

I kinda lump her in with Adam beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick and Ben Klock in the sense that you know exactly what you’re going to get

Totally agree. You know what you are going to get and it just isn’t exciting. 

59 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Off to see Eclair Fifi tonight as tickets were cheap at Mick's Garage.

First time for both. Any reviews?

Only heard Eclair Fifi on mixes so cannot comment on seeing her live.

Mick's Garage is a strange one because the bookings are usually pretty decent but the atmosphere can be lacking as you get "regular" people there. However, as it is not summer that might be reduced.

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Amelie, Beyer, Fitzpatrick and Klock is a pretty sweet line up for me!

But, I'm a Drumcode fanboy :rolleyes:

Maybe because I’ve drifted into the minimal scene a bit too much as I overlistened to slamming techno but I stand by the Nicolas Lutz, Margaret Dygas, Sonja Moonear, RPR etc would kill it on the farm. However I doubt they have any idea what it is and probably don’t care.

i think RPR would kill Genosys but I doubt they even know what glastonbury is or would even consider reducing their fee

52 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Just get Avalon Emerson to the farm already, I'll drive her myself if needs be. 

I’ve posted this before but her management won’t take the lower fee. I asked her once if she was playing glastonbury and it was a strong “no I am not”. She cut the conversation down very quickly almost as if to say she’s not interested.

32 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve posted this before but her management won’t take the lower fee. I asked her once if she was playing glastonbury and it was a strong “no I am not”. She cut the conversation down very quickly almost as if to say she’s not interested.

How rude, Matthew.

You were only asking...

;)

Ben

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Wonder if her pals, the likes of Shanti, Or:la, Peach etc (who will probably play) turning up would influence her. Saying that, i'd still be surprised if she turned up. 

10 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Her essential mix is glorious. Haven't heard the one they voted best of the year but I can't believe it's better.

I quite like HAai from what I've heard, but it definitely isn't better than Avalon's mix. Her set at Innervisions in Barca stood head and shoulders above anything i saw that week

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Wonder if her pals, the likes of Shanti, Or:la, Peach etc (who will probably play) turning up would influence her. Saying that, i'd still be surprised if she turned up. 

I hope so. Isn’t she going out with Or:la? Wouldn’t be surprised to see Peach at the Downlow after this.

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Her essential mix is glorious. Haven't heard the one they voted best of the year but I can't believe it's better.

Just giving this a listen now in the office. We usually have a radio on as background music. Cranked the volume up for this though on what's a glorious Friday afternoon in Essex. This mix is taking the roof off. Even the IT  lot are getting involved, and they usually keep themselves to themselves.

We're not getting any work done, and nobody gives a fuck.

• Upvote 2