Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

46 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

New Printworks season announced today. Wonder who we could expect to see?

Potential of Bonobo doing an outlier night like he did in Manchester a couple of months back?

Announcement so far https://www.printworkslondon.co.uk/music/

La Discoteque and Edible Beats days look like they might be fun

The Bicep set on Friday was great. Really hope it was filmed! 

Must admit I was a bit gutted they didn't use the normal room though, it obviously distributed the crowd a bit better, but if just felt like a big square lifeless room - wasn't really any different from seeing them at Motion last November.

Still, really up for going back - the Kerri night looks tasty. 

That Hydra line-up on 15 December is incredible. I bloody love Shed...

Sadly Printworks is always going to be difficult for me, BUT...

Dimensions super-early-bird tickets bought this morning!

£110 and we will defo get to got to the Saturday and Sunday (flying in on the Saturday morning), so very excited about my first non-UK festival. The images/videos from some of the stages in the Fort are amazing. I have a feeling it's going to be rather special...

Ben

49 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

That Hydra line-up on 15 December is incredible. I bloody love Shed...

Sadly Printworks is always going to be difficult for me, BUT...

Dimensions super-early-bird tickets bought this morning!

£110 and we will defo get to got to the Saturday and Sunday (flying in on the Saturday morning), so very excited about my first non-UK festival. The images/videos from some of the stages in the Fort are amazing. I have a feeling it's going to be rather special...

Ben

Yeah, the Hydra night is the main standout from this current season for me, we have a group of about 20 of us heading down there - although thankfully for me it's only about half an hour door to door. I was offered free Dimensions tickets for last year but the expense of getting there put me off, some friends went though and had a great time, you'll no doubt have a riot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Currently rewatching Underworld’s set at West Holts in 2016. Still on my YouView box from then! One of the best nights of my life...great soundsystem, great sunset, great band, great stage, great crowd 

Great, wasn’t it. Absolutely exceeded all my expectations. There was definitely some magic floating around WH during that set.

43 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

In fairness, I wouldn't be keeping much distance from that money making machine if I were in their shoes 

Damn skippy! I'd do the entire tour in my pants if I trousered (would have to put on trousers to trouser the cash) the sort of money they'll make, and all you would have to do is turn up, do a bit of pointing and dance around a bit.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Some good names announced for Melt that would be more than welcome on any of the farm's electronic establishments. Anyone ever been? An amazing backdrop for a festival

Melt-Festival-2019-poster.png

I went to Melt last year and it was incredible. I really cannot recommend it enough. Lineup seems slightly stronger than this years, depending on your tastes of course

If you have any questions then shoot

9 minutes ago, Beaster said:

I went to Melt last year and it was incredible. I really cannot recommend it enough. Lineup seems slightly stronger than this years, depending on your tastes of course

If you have any questions then shoot

Hello

What is the script with camping at Melt? Is that the only option you've got? 

I'm really keen to go this year,  but don't really know anything about it other than it looks unreal

18 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Hello

What is the script with camping at Melt? Is that the only option you've got? 

I'm really keen to go this year,  but don't really know anything about it other than it looks unreal

I'm rounding up a crew for it. Bit of a tough sell with it being less than a month after Glastonbury but i think i'll manage it.

Camping is the only option as far as i'm aware. There's a VIP/boutique upgrade but the basic facilities are pretty good anyway. The food stalls & toilets are first class and the campsite doesn't get too congested. If it's hot then the campsite takes the brunt of the sunlight but you're free to head to the lake to cool off.

The whole thing is just incredibly slick and the location is stunning. The sleepless floor runs 24hr, which sits just outside the main festival grounds so you don't need to get searched or show your ticket to access it. The main site has more indie/hip hop but BIg Wheel and Meltselektor have amazing big room production without any of the trappings of your usual commercial festivals. Prices are cheap and the crowd is friendly. We're all 25 now, so having a mix of ages and nationalities there was really nice. Sampha's gig there last summer was up there with the best things i've seen. Also saw Jon Hopkins absolutely bang it out on a stage called the Big Wheel which was excellent.

Get yourself there. 

Edited by Beaster
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Saw Green Velvet Saturday at Lakota, one hell of a set. Ran till 7am Sunday morning so was a bit worse for wear yesterday.

He’d be absolutely banging on the farm, not sure how often he plays over here

I lost my Fabric virginity and saw him smash out a 5 hour set on Friday, very good!