Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

24 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Mall Grab has announced a few dates today, hopefully get a Motion ticket when they're on sale later this week. Another one I've been looking to catch for a while now.

I'm seeing Jon Hopkins live in Bristol in March (YES!).

I've never been clubbing in Bristol before...presumably there will be NO problem with me finding somewhere to go afterwards on a Saturday night...?!!

I'd like to go to Motion (actually hoping for a cheeky Jopkins DJ set somewhere...!).

Ben

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I've never been clubbing in Bristol before...presumably there will be NO problem with me finding somewhere to go afterwards on a Saturday night...?!!

I'd like to go to Motion (actually hoping for a cheeky Jopkins DJ set somewhere...!).

Ben

Is that at the Marble Factory? If so, that’s actually Motion’s 2nd room, there’ll be an event on that night afterwards I imagine although I’m not sure what!

If you weren’t fancying that then Stokes Croft is probably my favourite night life area of Bristol. Some really great bars there playing house/disco/tech. Particularly The Love Inn, No 51s and The Crofters Rights. Marble Factory is a little out the way of the centre but it’s only 5/10 minutes in a taxi.

Either way, you’ll definitely have no problem finding somewhere to go :D

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Is that at the Marble Factory? If so, that’s actually Motion’s 2nd room, there’ll be an event on that night afterwards I imagine although I’m not sure what!

If you weren’t fancying that then Stokes Croft is probably my favourite night life area of Bristol. Some really great bars there playing house/disco/tech. Particularly The Love Inn, No 51s and The Crofters Rights. Marble Factory is a little out the way of the centre but it’s only 5/10 minutes in a taxi.

Either way, you’ll definitely have no problem finding somewhere to go :D

Thanks, Mouseboy - yes it's The Marble Factory which, quite frankly, looks like an unbelievable venue for a Jon Hopkins set! Just hope the sound does it justice!

Ben

9 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Again and again, @FuzzyDunlop, it really does seem that you and I like pretty much exactly the same kind of techno. This track is nigh on perfect...

Ben

Im loving Victor Ruiz at the moment. The last tune played by Enrico Sanguiliano was Victor Ruiz "down under". It blew me away at the time & I finally found it.... unreleased. Damn!

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

18 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Snap me too Ben. Similarly hoping for an after party as we're staying with some friends in Bristol. See @Mouseboy11 has given some good recommendations.

P.S. The sound in motion is usually excellent. Cracking venue all round.

Hi all, new to this thread, so haven’t read too far back 

I was gutted to miss bicep at Printworks, and seriously hope they turn up here, either live or just a DJ Set 

On another note, saw Skream play his OTC tour and he smashed it out the park, chances of him playing 

this is also my first Glasto so I have no idea on setup, how it’s all organised and whatnot

Second the Stokes Croft recommendations; I seem to end up at 51's way more than I should do (about a minute away from my flat) but it's a perfect mix of motown, soul, disco sort of vibes.

Love Inn when it's the right night is brilliant, as it's owned by the Love Saves the Day crew, but can get very heaving. Crofters is a bit hit and miss I find, but again does have some absolute gems every now and again.

Can't really go wrong in that neck of the woods.

Re Bicep at Glasto, what do we reckon - stuck in a tent that's absolutely too small for how big they are these days? Seems to be the case with every festival they play! 

P.S That Schumacher and Ruiz track is a fucking monster 

Edited by Zacko

2 hours ago, Zacko said:

Second the Stokes Croft recommendations; I seem to end up at 51's way more than I should do (about a minute away from my flat) but it's a perfect mix of motown, soul, disco sort of vibes.

Love Inn when it's the right night is brilliant, as it's owned by the Love Saves the Day crew, but can get very heaving. Crofters is a bit hit and miss I find, but again does have some absolute gems every now and again.

Can't really go wrong in that neck of the woods.

Re Bicep at Glasto, what do we reckon - stuck in a tent that's absolutely too small for how big they are these days? Seems to be the case with every festival they play! 

P.S That Schumacher and Ruiz track is a fucking monster 

Went to both bar 51 and Love Inn last Saturday both excellent venues!

Love to see Bicep at Glastonbury...

4 hours ago, zero000 said:

Snap me too Ben. Similarly hoping for an after party as we're staying with some friends in Bristol. See @Mouseboy11 has given some good recommendations.

P.S. The sound in motion is usually excellent. Cracking venue all round.

Smashing, zero. Am going with another couple of Glastonbury mates who are also eFesters, so it’ll be a mini-meet, like a few of the thread were for JH at Brixton.

☺️

Ben

4 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

Hi all, new to this thread, so haven’t read too far back 

I was gutted to miss bicep at Printworks, and seriously hope they turn up here, either live or just a DJ Set 

On another note, saw Skream play his OTC tour and he smashed it out the park, chances of him playing 

this is also my first Glasto so I have no idea on setup, how it’s all organised and whatnot

Welcome to the thread, @Obiginnaw

We’re all jealous that you’re going to experience your first Glastonbury. We’d all love to do that again...!

If you like your dance music, you will be blown away. There’s so much going on alongside the mother of all regular stage stuff and all of the other arts and...and...oh my, just SOOOOO much stuff!

This thread gets particularly brilliant with the area drops as we get drip fed our evolving electronic line-ups!

Ben

On 11/30/2018 at 1:59 PM, Beaster said:

I went to Melt last year and it was incredible. I really cannot recommend it enough. Lineup seems slightly stronger than this years, depending on your tastes of course

If you have any questions then shoot

Was looking into this as the line up caught my eye. How did you get to the festival? It seems you fly to Berlin and get train for  two and a half hours and then use a festival shuttle? We're trying to weigh up a new festival next year and this looks good. 

Anything else I should know? I take it you can bring your own alcohol into the campsite yeah? Is drink cheap inside the festival? 

On 12/4/2018 at 10:17 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

My wife and I went for a drink around Stokes Croft, didn’t know the area at all but loads of places had dance music on. 

Bell Inn was an interesting little pub with decks and the Love Inn was good

A quick weird one about Marble Factory.

It always used to be a different place entirely, but recently they changed it to the newest room at Motion. Ive seen the new room in when the whole venue is in full use and with full lighting and it’s very impressive, but was less so the other week when I was there. The old original Marble Factory is alright but little more than a room, so fingers crossed they bring all the flashing lights out for Jon H in the new warehouse. Think there’s a video of Groove Armada playing there last week which shows it off pretty well.

Good to hear there’s a big Efests crew there, Ben et al and Zero. Definitely considering Jon, but at Massive Attack in Bristol the evening before.

Yeah when they use the full setup it's great, slightly Printworks esque with the balconies (well not really but you know what I mean!). Saw Jasper James there during the Mastermix night, and Dimitri From Paris there for Glitterbox the other week, soundsystem is on point.

On the topic of Mastermix, what do we all think re Jackmaster making a return? Do we reckon he'll come back? Sounds like he had some serious problems that needed sorting out, proper unacceptable behaviour at Love Saves. Has been completely off the radar since August, rehab?

Edited by Zacko

54 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Yeah when they use the full setup it's great, slightly Printworks esque with the balconies (well not really but you know what I mean!). Saw Jasper James there during the Mastermix night, and Dimitri From Paris there for Glitterbox the other week, soundsystem is on point.

On the topic of Mastermix, what do we all think re Jackmaster making a return? Do we reckon he'll come back? Sounds like he had some serious problems that needed sorting out, proper unacceptable behaviour at Love Saves. Has been completely off the radar since August, rehab?

He's still been seen cutting about Glasgow from time to time 

Jackmaster isn’t really supported by a lot of folks anymore, was weird seeing WHP line ups without even one appearance.

After what it feels like months of not being to any good club nights, I’ve got couple of gigs lined up very soon - Amelie Lens next week, Charlotte de Witte week after and VSK for New Year. Loads of acid and techno for this old chick. Time to dig my dancing shoes out ?

Edited by Jay89

2 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Jackmaster isn’t really supported by a lot of folks anymore, was weird seeing WHP line ups without even one appearance.

After what it feels like months of not being to any good club nights, I’ve got couple of gigs lined up very soon - Amelie Lens next week, Charlotte de Witte week after and VSK for New Year. Loads of acid and techno for this old chick. Time to dig my dancing shoes out ?

The night WHP did on Friday with Omar-S, Hauff, Hood etc was originally a Jackmaster presents mastermix night, think he was booked for a few other nights as well (essential mix rings a bell), but they dropped him completely from their brand as he's a bit of a toxic quantity at this point. 

Don't think he will be back at Glastonbury for some time, as posted above, the guys clearly been in a bad place due to circumstances in his life, but that doesn't excuse his actions. 

4 hours ago, Jay89 said:

What a lovely trio you have there, Jay.

Fantastic end to the old/start of the New Year...

Jane Fitz was terrific on Friday, playing three hours which gradually ramped up its tech-ness to full on techno by the end, leading seamlessly into Objekt who really is a very talented mixer. As expected, he played kind of everything, but always very coherently and cohesively. It was mostly techno, with some well chosen electro and even a bit of dubstep. After two hours he went a bit jungly, which was fine, but then stayed there a bit too long for me, and as it was half-five and I'd been up over twenty four hours, I was nicely cooked, so shuffled off home to bed, a very happy boy.

:)

Ben

• Upvote 1