Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Delighted to see this thread picking up again. I’ve discovered some great music thanks to you guys. As far as upcoming gigs go I’ve Jon Hopkins this day next week in a pretty small venue which I’m really looking forward too and then motor city drum ensemble on the 24th of November and that’s it so far.

Who are you guys hoping to see next year? I’d love David August or Nils Frahm to be at the farm. Been listening to a bit of hunee lately too who I really like.

Edited by Madyaker
  • Upvote 1

Sadly giving Glastonbury a miss next year, although was quite nice not to be involved in ticket day... Too mnay other places and things to see and not enough time and money! Got Sonar Reykjavik lined up, and possibly Atonal or Unsound and definitely Skye Live.

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

What have people got coming up pre-Christmas?

Ooo, I'm going to be a shadow of my former self by Christmas:

Jon Hopkins next friday, followed by this madness: https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1160567

Bicep on saturday.

This beautiful thing on 3rd Nov: https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1170007

London trip on 9th, probably kompakt night at village undergound.

David August 12th.

Daniel Avery/Haai 13th Subclub

Maybe Objekt on 16th (although playing Sonar so may have to rest...)

Szun Waves 21st

Auntie Flo 1st Dec.

Nils Frahm 5th Dec.

Big ol Glasgow party 8th Dec.

Pantha du Prince 13th Dec.

Sasha Refracted 16th Dec.

Sleep for a a few weeks.

And there will almost certainly be more.

Will give Astral Projection a listen. Currently playing Dozzy's Filo Loves The Acid...

31 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

Sadly giving Glastonbury a miss next year, although was quite nice not to be involved in ticket day... Too mnay other places and things to see and not enough time and money! Got Sonar Reykjavik lined up, and possibly Atonal or Unsound and definitely Skye Live.

Ooo, I'm going to be a shadow of my former self by Christmas:

Jon Hopkins next friday, followed by this madness: https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1160567

Bicep on saturday.

This beautiful thing on 3rd Nov: https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1170007

London trip on 9th, probably kompakt night at village undergound.

David August 12th.

Daniel Avery/Haai 13th Subclub

Maybe Objekt on 16th (although playing Sonar so may have to rest...)

Szun Waves 21st

Auntie Flo 1st Dec.

Nils Frahm 5th Dec.

Big ol Glasgow party 8th Dec.

Pantha du Prince 13th Dec.

Sasha Refracted 16th Dec.

Sleep for a a few weeks.

And there will almost certainly be more.

Will give Astral Projection a listen. Currently playing Dozzy's Filo Loves The Acid...

Flippin' nora, you're busy!

Very jealous of you seeing Szun Waves. They're predictably playing nowhere near me, which is a bummer as the new record is ace. I bloody LOVE Luke Abbott. Saw him play live at Green Man a few years ago and he was incredible - that he played immediately before The Field was a double win.

Dead jel for Helena Hauff too - I don't think it's out of the question that she'll play the Farm...a set on Genosys with its now excellent sound would be incredible. Have you seen Giant Swan before? They can be really, really good. Unbelievable energy and genuinely improvised as they go, riffing off one another. Saw them support British Murder Boys a few months ago and they were a perfect warm up.

Do give Astral Projection a couple of listens. First time I though "this is pretty good". Second time I just thought "WOW".

Ben

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Very jealous of you seeing Szun Waves. They're predictably playing nowhere near me, which is a bummer as the new record is ace. I bloody LOVE Luke Abbott. Saw him play live at Green Man a few years ago and he was incredible - that he played immediately before The Field was a double win.

The Field is someone else I'd really love to see. Still need to listen to his new ish record. Last time I saw Szun Waves I had been on a 4am train before hand and so was constantly trying to stay awake. This time will be different hopefully. Share your love of Luke Abbott; also a huge fan of Portico Quartet so that link is sweet.

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Have you seen Giant Swan before?

No. And I've had my fingers crossed for a long time that they'll come to Glasgow so I am suuper happy. Going to be some night.

I went to Four Tet last night at Brixton Academy, he was excellent as always and the set by Anthony Naples was also absolutely amazing. I’ve got Four Tet all nighter tomorrow, have a couple of smaller nights in Peckham and then Bicep in November followed by the Jeff Mills and Blaenau thing in December. 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben x

I'm off to Jon Hopkins in a couple of weeks at Brixton. 

I also saw him at Brixton on the back of Immunity, and he played The Park the following festival - hopefully that is a good omen. 

That Hookworms gig sounds decent. 

12 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

The Field is someone else I'd really love to see. Still need to listen to his new ish record. Last time I saw Szun Waves I had been on a 4am train before hand and so was constantly trying to stay awake. This time will be different hopefully. Share your love of Luke Abbott; also a huge fan of Portico Quartet so that link is sweet.

No. And I've had my fingers crossed for a long time that they'll come to Glasgow so I am suuper happy. Going to be some night.

The Field was as mesmeric live as he is on record. More so, actually. New record is well worth your time. And you must let us know how you get on with Giant Swan. They are moderately mental...

Ben

11 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben! Im glad you managed to secure tickets for the big one...

Before the new year I am at:

Alan Fitzpatrick in Sheffield

Amelie Lens & Rebekah at the Ivisible Wind Factory in Liverpool

Thomas Schumacher & Victor Ruiz at Joshua Brooks in manchester

Junction 2 on 29th December - Beyer, Rodhad, Amelie Lens & Dixon are the first acts announced

A few things to whet the whistle!

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ben! Im glad you managed to secure tickets for the big one...

Before the new year I am at:

Alan Fitzpatrick in Sheffield

Amelie Lens & Rebekah at the Ivisible Wind Factory in Liverpool

Thomas Schumacher & Victor Ruiz at Joshua Brooks in manchester

Junction 2 on 29th December - Beyer, Rodhad, Amelie Lens & Dixon are the first acts announced

A few things to whet the whistle!

That Junction 2 line up is insane, Fuzz...

Ben

Dipping my toe back in to this thread.

In terms of upcoming gigs, I'm booked for Circoloco at Printworks London 16th December. It's a day thing which finishes at midnight which will be a little odd, but actually handy for me, I must say I am a big fan of the day party.

Lineup still to be announced though.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:53 AM, CallumGamble said:

Really hope the Glade have another big Saturday night headliner planned. Sasha and Digweed last year was a night for the ages. Unlikely, but 3/4 hours of Laurent Garnier would be the absolute dream.

We have similar tastes. I caught the end of that set after Alt J on the other stage and it was magic. Id also love Garnier, not sure where they'd put him though and unlikely he'd get a long set. Is Daniel Avery ones of those guys who's there every year or was it just 16 and 17? Anyway id like to see him again. Apart from that I don't know really..... Aphex Twin?!

43 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Judging by his WHP line up they should let him curate a stage/night. He clashed with Joy O/Solar last Glastonbury so missed him.

19 year-old, Year One Manchester student, Child 2 of mine is going to that.

****ing lucky kids!

I told her that I don't care what her friends are doing or say at that point, she will be seeing the Blawan set.

She promised me she would.

That's my girl...

Ben

39 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Sound is w*nk though at Beat Hotel. 

Where do we think has best sound at Glastonbury that puts on DJ’s? Glade?

Glade is excellent. Genosys for the last two years has been pretty bloody stellar.

But yeah, overall is Glade - could just do with being a tiny bit louder. Clarity is beautiful, though, especially if you position yourself well with the four corner stacks.

An honourable mention to Arcadia. If you're right under the belly of the spider, equidistant from the three legs, it can be amazing. Sound for John Hopkins last year was out of this world.

Ben

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Glade is excellent. Genosys for the last two years has been pretty bloody stellar.

But yeah, overall is Glade - could just do with being a tiny bit louder. Clarity is beautiful, though, especially if you position yourself well with the four corner stacks.

An honourable mention to Arcadia. If you're right under the belly of the spider, equidistant from the three legs, it can be amazing. Sound for John Hopkins last year was out of this world.

Ben

That was one of the best sets I've ever witnessed! Seeing him tomorrow night in Dublin and am beyond excited! 

• Like 1

I agree Genosys was spot-on. I did enjoy getting thoroughly bimbled to The Orb in Glade and saw about 8 sets in there over the weekend.

The Engine room was good especially the secret set played by TY.

Did I dream it or did someone mix in some KLF stuff in Arcadia on Thursday (or was I completely spangled).

I'd like some Bonobo, Pan Pot, knife party or Sven Vath on the spider in 2019 pretty please.

Just now, TheBurns said:

That was one of the best sets I've ever witnessed! Seeing him tomorrow night in Dublin and am beyond excited! 

Yup. Still in the top 5 DJ sets I've ever seen. I've bored people with this factoid before, but it was just lovely to see him describing it as one of the most fun sets he has ever played, on Twitter a day or so later. We must have looked like lunatics underneath him...

Ben

1 minute ago, Penrhos said:

I agree Genosys was spot-on. I did enjoy getting thoroughly bimbled to The Orb in Glade and saw about 8 sets in there over the weekend.

The Engine room was good especially the secret set played by TY.

Did I dream it or did someone mix in some KLF stuff in Arcadia on Thursday (or was I completely spangled).

I'd like some Bonobo, Pan Pot, knife party or Sven Vath on the spider in 2019 pretty please.

Bring back 2015, all is forgiven.

Ben