Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Yeah it's magic! I smoked a j before going to bed last night then listened to it on headphones in the dark. It's incredible, a journey almost. He's headlining a festi im going to at the end of june, my glasto replacement for this year :D can't wait.

Edited by Madyaker

24 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Saw Jon Hopkins at Village Underground last night and the new album goes off live.

I tried to get tickets for that but wasn't successful sadly. 

The new JH album is banging, and I think the DJ Koze album is going to be my album of the summer, absolutely brilliant album, a 'proper' artist album. 

Anyone who’s been to dimensions - are the boat parties worth it? First time attending this year, looking forward to it but line up isn’t as good for me as it was last year. Boat parties seem to have some really good hosts but don’t want to miss acts I won’t get to see again for acts I will unless it’s really special. I guess I can sort a ticket and then sell it later if needs be (although reading the ta and cs it appears not?) but would like that know either way.

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

5 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

Off to Printworks for the first time this weekend. Really excited. Also believe it is the first time the Hot Chip Megamix will have an outing, what do we expect that to be? Really intrigued

I'm expecting it'll be "Hot Chip (DJ set)" except with a shitload of Hot Chip/HC-related tunes, rather than just random music that Alexis feels like putting on!

On 5/4/2018 at 2:35 PM, Time Being said:

Didn't realize about the Jon Hopkins album today.

Whose excited to listen to this?

pampa013lp_knockknock-cover.jpg.30070feb22238365aa6a9062bafaca0a.jpg

Big day for new music

Gave this a listen yesterday, not familiar with Herr Koze's work so went in not knowing what to expect.  Mixed bag for me, but certainly going to get a repeat listen.  Definitely some tracks in there that I really liked.

Is his stuff always (at least to an untrained ear) so varied within an album?

7 hours ago, Quark said:

Gave this a listen yesterday, not familiar with Herr Koze's work so went in not knowing what to expect.  Mixed bag for me, but certainly going to get a repeat listen.  Definitely some tracks in there that I really liked.

I'm fairly late on the DJ Koze train from a production perspective, not sure he has ever released a proper 'artist' album so to speak, I really enjoy how varied this album feels though, has had a lot of spins since it's release. 

On 5/16/2018 at 9:11 AM, Quark said:

Really enjoying this album. Think "Pick Up" is gonna be an anthem for Summer 18.

Liking the new Paul Kalkbrenner album too.

Jon Hopkins on Song Exploder. Lie down in a dark room with headphones on for this one. I fucking love that podcast.

http://songexploder.net/jon-hopkins

https://play.prx.org/e?uf=https:%2F%2Ff.prxu.org%2Fsong-exploder%2Ffeed-rss.xml&ge=prx_93_40dbadf3-78f7-424c-b6d4-073c819d7e82

Edited by stuartbert two hats