Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

hey guys, planning a night in London and wondering on what venue to go for. I'm thinking either Phonox, XOYO or village underground.

Mainly wondering what has the best crowd, sound and also the more relaxed security. I hate seeing security doing patrols of the club all night with torches like at Oval Space it puts me on edge.

If anyone's wondering it'll either be overmono and mumdance at phonox. ben ufo, objekt &a call super at xoyo or kink, monoloc and vaal at underground.

Cheers.

6 hours ago, joemason96 said:

hey guys, planning a night in London and wondering on what venue to go for. I'm thinking either Phonox, XOYO or village underground.

Mainly wondering what has the best crowd, sound and also the more relaxed security. I hate seeing security doing patrols of the club all night with torches like at Oval Space it puts me on edge.

If anyone's wondering it'll either be overmono and mumdance at phonox. ben ufo, objekt &a call super at xoyo or kink, monoloc and vaal at underground.

Cheers.

I would reckon that XOYO will be pretty much at capacity for that night, and from my experience it can be a bit of a mare when it's full up, you do get security patrolling the crowd with torches from time to time by they seem to me bothered with making sure nobody has had a moment and needs help. I think Phonox would be the night I would go for, thats a great line up and Phonox is a really good club. I reckon you'll have security with torches in pretty much every London club though.

9 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I would reckon that XOYO will be pretty much at capacity for that night, and from my experience it can be a bit of a mare when it's full up, you do get security patrolling the crowd with torches from time to time by they seem to me bothered with making sure nobody has had a moment and needs help. I think Phonox would be the night I would go for, thats a great line up and Phonox is a really good club. I reckon you'll have security with torches in pretty much every London club though.

nice one thanks mate, shame about XOYO as those bookings and that whole residency looks great.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

for the techno crew, Dax J on Boiler Room tonight:

@bennyhana22

Holy moly, @ghostdancer1 - thanks for this. Hell of a set.

He does crank up the bpm, doesn't he?!

And Lady Starlight is always good fun, if you love modular analogue as I do.

Which brings me to a couple of points:

1. Sorry to all (not that anyone gives a monkey's, don't get me wrong!) for being SO poor at posting in our lovely little thread. I am a real creature of habit and tend to hibernate from message boards when not in pre-, peri- or post-festival mode. I do lurk around and check that you're all OK and looking after yourselves, and love to read about the nights you've been to.

2. I've been reasonably busy (for me) since last posting here, including some pretty brilliant nights in the company of Joe Farr, Ansome, Rebekah, Øliver (he was phenomenal) and others. Currently most excited about seeing the British Murder Boys  (YES!) in Birmingham on 5 May. If anyone was planning to go to that one, feel free to ping me a message.

Stay safe, kiddiewinks.

Ben

:)

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Fishman said:

For those staring at a big Block 9 shaped hole this June ....

https://thenycdownlow.com/

Plenty of sets on there (how have I missed this?) and they've just added Heidi from Saturday night at Genosys.

Such a good site for the block 9 Glasto blues.

Started following them on FB after seeing these all stating to get added I've been waiting patiently for Heidi since I missed it last year and it hasn't disappointed!

Black Madonna 2016 and Luke Howard closing last year have been on repeat also and worth a listen if not done so already. Hopefully Hunee set is added soon and I'll be happy

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, ghostdancer1 said:

of course, the year Glastonbury isn't on, Awakenings would be the later weekend in June going into July, so they wouldn't be on the same weekend...

back to clashing next year as usual :(

Awakenings-Festival-2018-line-up-Areas-1

I did awakenings in 2013 when Glastonbury mysteriously had a second year off.... (T DAY PROBLEMS). It was a 1 day festival then.

I have mates who go every year.

It is a good festival, quite small. Probably on par with Creamfields size (minus camping). maybe slightly smaller.

Tents often don't flow though. You can have someone playing pretty hard, followed by someone playing slow and moody techno.

Overall though, it is well worth a visit.

43 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Travelling to London and I have Bought a ticket for Henry Saiz at Corsica studios on Friday 11th May. Hardly ever been clubbing in London. Heard decent things about the venue.

Sound is nice but tends to be oversold these days - hopefully not on your upcoming night.

Hey everyone, sorry to be that guy but if you could fill in my short survey it would be much appreciated! I'm using the survey as a source to look into club culture - i.e. the type of people who go out and what motivates them to do it. 

I'll then compare this to other research to deter how much the culture has changed in the past 15 years, and look into the reasons as to why it has changed - i.e. club closures. 

It'd be much appreciated if you could briefly complete the survey! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RK57TQM