Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

I'm still holding out for Rebel Sound. I'm sure they will make an appearance over the weekend. A headline slot in Sonic and Arcadia im thinking.

They've been confirmed at loads this year all ready so i'd be very surprised if they didn't play. Can't see them at Arcadia personally. Theres to many of them to fit in the booth and they need a stage for Rodigans gallivanting.

Didn't he host a stage last year? Always enjoy a Rodigan set. Love his energy and little speeches which are always the same. "From the streets of Kingston Jamaica......."

Doesn't he just host the Rebel Sound thing? Didn't actually see him spin any records on the Soundclash vids. He can't mix anyway.

Im pretty sure he just runs around the front of the stage shouting for a bit and does the odd spin back while leaning across the decks, although the same is true of most of his sets now anyway.

Yeh its all about selection with Rody. But thats what the original sound clash scene is all about.

Sonic for Terje I reckon, if he plays. Will be a missed opportunity if he isn't there.

See I wouldn't have put him there.

I didn't really 'get' any of Silver Hayes last year (first Glastonbury). Will have to give it another go this time around.

to be honest the terje live set is not very live. he pushes a few buttons and does play the notes on his arp on inspector norse.

if they could get him with a bigger band and some dancers then yes to west holts but for the vast majority of the time he tours the live show on his own with not much in the way of visual entertainment or other stuff.

to my knowledge he has appeared with the full band and dancers an amount of times that you could count on one hand. It isn't the regular show. that youtube video has been shared around a lot but its not representative of his average appearance.

if its the slimline version sonic is where I would put him, if its a bigger stage show then yes to west holts. it depends what they can get.

it would look a little bit silly to just have him up there on his own on west holts stage with a laptop and one small keyboard with no other visual stuff like band / dancers.

for the record i do think sonic is shit, but I did enjoy the Nas live show there the other year. but for all intents and purposes todd terje live in its standard format is a DJ show.

Edited by Memory Man

I'm guessing most people who want him are hoping for the whole set up. I'd only go to see him if he had the whole shebang as I'm not a massive fan.

I saw Gold Panda live at Sonic a couple of years ago, who is essentially a button pusher, and it was a bit grim. It might have improved since then though.

Bit off topic but does anyone have any experience of Electric Brixton?

In town for Easter Thursday and choosing between John Talabot/Roman Flugel there or Ame/Surgeon at the Hydra.

Went to so many of the Hydra events at the end of last year that I'm keen to try somewhere fresh but for some reason not warming to Electric Brixton... Had my fingers burnt at a few nights recently where there has been a bias towards a female crowd more interested in standing on the dancefloor on their phones (ok for me to say this as a girl myself :)) and have a feeling that this venue/night might be like this.

Probably completely unfounded but I can't make a decision either way so any advice would be great.

EDIT: Do realise that this is quite a self indulgent post. Apologies

Edited by OBface

Bit off topic but does anyone have any experience of Electric Brixton?

In town for Easter Thursday and choosing between John Talabot/Roman Flugel there or Ame/Surgeon at the Hydra.

Went to so many of the Hydra events at the end of last year that I'm keen to try somewhere fresh but for some reason not warming to Electric Brixton... Had my fingers burnt at a few nights recently where there has been a bias towards a female crowd more interested in standing on the dancefloor on their phones (ok for me to say this as a girl myself :)) and have a feeling that this venue/night might be like this.

Probably completely unfounded but I can't make a decision either way so any advice would be great.

EDIT: Do realise that this is quite a self indulgent post. Apologies

John Talabot is superb so wherever he plays, I'd be inclined to favour that

Never been for a night out but it's quite good for gigs. Nothing exceptional, you know, the standard fare really. The soundsystem has nothing on Studio Spaces but is still good. Can't tell you how the crowd will be, though. There's SO many massive nights in London over the Easter weekend so hopefully a lot of the less favourable crowd will be diluted anyway.

Personally I'd be all over Jackmaster's Tweak-a-Holic at XOYO but what I do know ;)

• Upvote 1