Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

8 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I only went to IIcon on Thursday for 10 mins, it was pretty sqiggles of sound & there were not msmy there... I was going to go for Overmono on Fri, but stopped at Digweed.

Probably Hercules and the Love Affair - went along for that expecting some disco and first 10 minutes was ambient weirdness, straight to Genosys for the rest of the night with no regrets, but sadly the only time I spent at IICON all weekend (despite thinking I would spend most of the weekend there).

Huge crowd for Overmono I guess explains why I was able to walk straight into Temple for Nastia/VTSS at 1.30 with no queue (no regrets). Similarly on Sunday I ended up in Temple at around 2.30 as no queue - plan was to stay 30 minutes and head to Partyboi69 but I find it's even harder to leave Temple than get in, it's too good! Especially compared to this year's iteration of Gas Tower which was significantly less of a special venue than 2019 (itself I thought worse than 2017)

Edited by themunn

Off to Lost In a Moment on Saturday, looking forward to sets from Ame x Dixon, Avalon Emerson, Haii and Gerd Janson.

Not too familiar with a few of the other names on the lineup so if anyone can recommend any sets from the DJs below that would be super helpful!

Chloe Caillet

DJ Holographic

Elkka

Jenny Cara

Mano Le Tough

Nick Castle

3 hours ago, Green Croc said:

Off to Lost In a Moment on Saturday, looking forward to sets from Ame x Dixon, Avalon Emerson, Haii and Gerd Janson.

Not too familiar with a few of the other names on the lineup so if anyone can recommend any sets from the DJs below that would be super helpful!

Chloe Caillet

DJ Holographic

Elkka

Jenny Cara

Mano Le Tough

Nick Castle

Think the Elkka Essential Mix won EM of the year last year, it's proper proper good. Everything from Prince to Hopkins to bloody David Crosby!

On 7/4/2022 at 5:26 PM, vigo said:

Agreed! And I think I'm in the prefer the bus camp. Obviously the original Genosys is leaps ahead in production value, but I feel like the look of it also shaped the type of music you were able to play there and tended to mean darker, moodier sets. With IICON being one of the most impressive stages on the whole site and the Downlow to look at right behind you at Genosys I felt the bus leant itself to anything goes sets and much of my favourite stuff I saw all weekend was out the bus and I'm honestly not sure those sets (SASS b4b, OK Williams) would have worked as well out of the original structure. 

Interesting thought and I think you are spot on!

Is it a dream to think they COULD get Villalobos one year?

I feel like it wouldn’t be a proper Villa set, but maybe have him and Craig do a b2b to introduce him to the festival and fall in love with it? I feel like all he needs to do is set foot there, have a bit of a mess around with his mates, and fall in love.

Him on IICON would be awesome. Can imagine these sounds coming from the stage with the morphing head.

On 7/5/2022 at 8:54 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

One of the sets we checked out at IICON that had distinct 2019 vibes about it.

We caught the last 30-40 mins and it was great, fairly thumping disco vibes by this point. 

On 7/5/2022 at 4:37 PM, themunn said:

Probably Hercules and the Love Affair - went along for that expecting some disco and first 10 minutes was ambient weirdness, straight to Genosys for the rest of the night with no regrets, but sadly the only time I spent at IICON all weekend (despite thinking I would spend most of the weekend there).

Huge crowd for Overmono I guess explains why I was able to walk straight into Temple for Nastia/VTSS at 1.30 with no queue (no regrets). Similarly on Sunday I ended up in Temple at around 2.30 as no queue - plan was to stay 30 minutes and head to Partyboi69 but I find it's even harder to leave Temple than get in, it's too good! Especially compared to this year's iteration of Gas Tower which was significantly less of a special venue than 2019 (itself I thought worse than 2017)

Was also expecting a big disco vibe having seen them before, quite disappointed. Moved on quickly and found something more lively!

On 6/30/2022 at 10:36 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Got Marshall Jefferson marked for seeing at Beatherder.  Hoping for a fun set there. 

Just bought a ticket for Beatherder. I'll keep an eye for your flag (think you have it on the van usually?!) and say hello if you're around. 

Should be lots of fun in Beat-Herdershire this year 😁

8 hours ago, Upside down frowner said:

Just bought a ticket for Beatherder. I'll keep an eye for your flag (think you have it on the van usually?!) and say hello if you're around. 

Should be lots of fun in Beat-Herdershire this year 😁

We’ll see you there! We fly the flag along with our Japanese lantern sale flag ( long red and white ). 

a sunny dry Beatherder is always so much fun. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Still trying to google the editor of Bicep at Glasto.

Just watching Sundial, track before the encore. 

Fuck me. It's just so incredible. I don't think thee's a better display of joy and wonderful happy people. 

How do I find out the editor to thank them?

I still don’t think I’ve entirely recovered from that set 😁

Have you tried just asking them on Insta? Maybe worth a go. 

ICYMI KH Essential Mix
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/favourites/m0018qnn

--

Beams (new London venue, Printworks team) announced their debut lineup: https://thebeamslondon.com/whats-on/

Decided to bite the bullet & picked up some for Honey Dijon. October is ages away so not committed to it, but kind of curious.