Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

46 minutes ago, dougal1 said:

Anyone know what happened to Folamour? One of the sets I was most excited for, skipped headliners to get to SE corner early and got a good spot at Gas Tower, then nothing 😞

Stayed there for whoever was the replacement, followed by Fatboy Slim but really missed my disco fix this festival.

Otherwise I enjoyed the KH set at BBC Introducing and Job Jobse at San Remo. Loved San Remo as the sound was actually good outside, unlike lonely hearts (too quiet) and glade (awful soundbleed)

Folamour’s flight was cancelled, he said on Insta that he travelled to multiple airports to try to make it work.

it was a bit of a night ruiner for my lot too, we should have gone back for FloPo but just went stone circle instead - which was good as always but obvs not the same thing.

Palms Trax on San Remo Friday night was lots of fun and everybody there looked like they were having the best time. Afterwards, we headed down to the south east corner to catch the end of the Genosys bus until 6am. That's when we saw the rainbow in the video below.

I did want to watch Job Jobse at San Remo on the last night but my friends weren't really feeling it so we wandered around a bit just soaking up the last of the atmosphere.

1 minute ago, Cal_91 said:

Palms Trax on San Remo Friday night was lots of fun and everybody there looked like they were having the best time. Afterwards, we headed down to the south east corner to catch the end of the Genosys bus until 6am. That's when we saw the rainbow in the video below.

I did want to watch Job Jobse at San Remo on the last night but my friends weren't really feeling it so we wandered around a bit just soaking up the last of the atmosphere.

Personally think this is now sitting as my favourite DJ sets ever, the vibes were IMMACULATE. 

20 hours ago, JohnTheScientist said:

Highlights for me:

Thurs: sherelle at LHC

Fri: shanti b2b peach/moxie/saoirse, incredible vibe as the sun came up and the rainbow to top it off

Saturday: todd edwards at nyc downlow was incredible, they need to get more toilets in there though!

Sunday: haai then job jobse closing San Remo, another belter

Didn't see a bad set all weekend tbh, special mentions to OK Williams and Leon Vynehall who I really enjoyed also

I was camped at Michael's Mead. I went for an hour or so to San Remo on Sunday. Hold that Sucker Down followed by Lock n Load... Blow your mind.

Heard them a million times, but a great way to end.

Any of you's at Felix Dickinson for the Sunday night finish. 

Oh my word.  It was one of my fave sets of the weekend.  Same in 2019. 

I hope he does that slot again next year. 

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

SO good. Incredible euphoria mixed with the tinge of sadness to be going home, and with a huge dose of gratitude for the festival generally.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stuie said:

Yes! Watched the first half hour of Sherelle at IICON but it was a bit too intense for what we wanted to finish on, so caught the last hour of Felix and LOVED it. Originally planned on seeing Batu at the temple but as the screens were saying it was full, we ended up in block 9 instead. Very glad we did.

Edited by Tremas

Did anyone watch Avalon Emerson? I sacked off a few things to hang around Silver Hayes and watch her, only to get bored quite quickly. Seemed like a "festival set" rather than anything interesting I was hoping for. Also gutted to miss Palms Trax and Jobse.

On 6/28/2022 at 3:30 PM, nikkic said:

Set of the weekend was probably Sherelle on Thursday at Lonely Hearts Club.

YES!

On 6/28/2022 at 5:26 PM, JohnTheScientist said:

Highlights for me:

Thurs: sherelle at LHC

YES! YES!

We went on to catch her later on the BBC Introducing set as well - must have only been about 50 of us in there but she was banging again. A new household favourite for sure. 

16 hours ago, Tremas said:

Watched the first half hour of Sherelle at IICON but it was a bit too intense for what we wanted to finish on, 

I can only imagine - never heard of her before the festival - caught the LHC set as above and absolutely loved it - proper mix of tracks i hadn't heard before, mix of genres but all absolutely banging. We knew we wouldn't make it to the ICON set on Sunday morning but would have loved to have seen it  - we spent a lot of the weekend joking about how hardcore you would need to be to cope with that at 3am on the Sunday of Glasto. 

22 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

John Digweed on Friday was my set of the week though. Wasnt going there, was on the way to the SE Corner. He kept us there.

Did you catch Sherelle at any point - thought it would be up your street - some very Tidy noises and Glazby hard.

sherelle was playing hard house?  not when i saw her at Lonely hearts.  was all new old skool hardcore inspired tracks.  which is a bit like Sasha making it big in 1991 by playing 70's disco, but heh ho.

46 minutes ago, e_p said:

sherelle was playing hard house?  not when i saw her at Lonely hearts.  was all new old skool hardcore inspired tracks.  which is a bit like Sasha making it big in 1991 by playing 70's disco, but heh ho.

Not hard house per se - but with lots of sounds and noises from that world. She moved around genre wise and I am not an expert in recognising or naming the different genres, but whichever genre she dropped into it was always the harder end, to my uneducated ears there were some more techy segments, some d'nb bits, some housey bits, some hardcore bits. All in all - whatever you wanna call it, i liked it.

I thought Marshall Jefferson on the Thursday was a lot of fun as well as the second half of Camelphat.

Overmono at iicon Friday night was great and stumbled across Artwork on Lonely Hearts Club Saturday night which was really fun.

Sunday night I managed to get into NYC Downlow, no idea who was playing in any of the rooms but it was absolutely class in there, highly recommend making an effort to get in there if you haven't yet

8 hours ago, Green Croc said:

I thought Marshall Jefferson on the Thursday was a lot of fun as well as the second half of Camelphat.

Overmono at iicon Friday night was great and stumbled across Artwork on Lonely Hearts Club Saturday night which was really fun.

Sunday night I managed to get into NYC Downlow, no idea who was playing in any of the rooms but it was absolutely class in there, highly recommend making an effort to get in there if you haven't yet

Got Marshall Jefferson marked for seeing at Beatherder.  Hoping for a fun set there. 

5 minutes ago, Isaact said:

Girl in the hoody is making me feel high just watching.

Hahaha, I had a moment where I imagined a similar video of myself doing the rounds and I’ve deleted it - not fair to have that online when you’re just having fun in SE Corner. 

• Like 1

Just absolutely unreal every night. As good a year for electronic music as I've ever seen at Glastonbury.

Pretty much just hit Block9 every night apart from the Sunday where I watched Haai and Job Jobse at San Remo after Kendrick before heading over to The Temple for Batu all of which was fantastic.

SASS (peach b2b moxie b2b saoirse b2b shanti celeste) on the Friday was 10/10 insane. Stayed for all 6 hours and the rainbow over the downlow opposite as it ended was just perfect.

My Saturday night of a bit of Todd Edwards in the Downlow into OK Williams on Genosys into Pangaea b2b Pariah on IICON into moxie and peach's RnB set in Maceo's was sublime too.

Also thought Silver Hayes was improved this year, and really enjoyed dipping into the WOW stage in particular during the days in between acts on the bigger stages. Managed to catch a bit of Chaos in the CBD and then Leon Vynehall in the Sunday daytime before heading to the Pyramid to get a good spot for Kendrick and both were brilliant.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:42 PM, TaylorT said:

So many great times at various DJ sets across the weekend but what happened to Solomun. Bloody Michael Bibi turned up. I was absolutely fuming 😭

I didn't turn up to Solomon on the inkling that he wouldn't show. With his packed schedule & Ibiza residency it seemed a very strange booking to make tbh.

12 hours ago, vigo said:

Just absolutely unreal every night. As good a year for electronic music as I've ever seen at Glastonbury.

Pretty much just hit Block9 every night apart from the Sunday where I watched Haai and Job Jobse at San Remo after Kendrick before heading over to The Temple for Batu all of which was fantastic.

SASS (peach b2b moxie b2b saoirse b2b shanti celeste) on the Friday was 10/10 insane. Stayed for all 6 hours and the rainbow over the downlow opposite as it ended was just perfect.

My Saturday night of a bit of Todd Edwards in the Downlow into OK Williams on Genosys into Pangaea b2b Pariah on IICON into moxie and peach's RnB set in Maceo's was sublime too.

Also thought Silver Hayes was improved this year, and really enjoyed dipping into the WOW stage in particular during the days in between acts on the bigger stages. Managed to catch a bit of Chaos in the CBD and then Leon Vynehall in the Sunday daytime before heading to the Pyramid to get a good spot for Kendrick and both were brilliant.

This x 100. Mentioned it about 50 times in various threads and Whatsapp groups now but just, FUCKING HELL. 

https://djpooch.bandcamp.com/track/sexy-lady-feat-de-legal - As soon as I hear this I'm transported straight back to the very peak of it. 

Edited by Zacko