Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I doubt I’m gonna be able to convince my group to do it and I’m sure my spangled self will be too antsy to actually stick with it either, but if I had it my way I’d probably just stay at IICON all Saturday night from Floating Points onwards. Such a great run. 

I’d be doing same if it wasn’t for Todd Edwards in Downlow. Hopefully I make it in. 

Having said i would try and head over to Block 9 more this year, I think we spent even more time in Silver Hayes than we did in 2019 and i didn't make it to the South East corner even once. I have to give the SH team their props though. Sonic was a huge improvement in sound and size, the layout of the whole space was better, I loved the lighting rig in Wow and the Lonely Hearts Club stage was *chefs kiss*. 

Highlights for me were:

- Giant Swan Live and Sherelle (twice on Thursday night - having never heard of her before).

- Fatboy Slim and Shy FX on Friday. 

Disappointments:

- Thought Calvin in Arcadia was a bit meh - not lease the sound levels outside the speaker ring.

- Wilkinson on LHC again, the sound seemed to really drop compared to how loud it was for Sherelle and Shy FX earlier in the day which was annoying cos he was playing some decent tunes.  

Thursday night in the glade was absolutely unreal i thought, spent Friday night in the downlow, some great disco house music being played with honey Dijon and horse meat disco. Then spent Saturday night at the gas tower fatboy slim Jamie Jones and a surprising set from Michael bibi after solomun pulled out which I was gutted about. Did anyone spend Sunday night at the flying bus ??

The one real set I was looking forward to was Carl Cox/ Chase n Status. 

I didn't make it due to the crush and feel like I was forced into other areas due to my dislike of large crowds. 

I managed to hear bits as I was camped up in E21. 

Who made it? Was it good? (I found the BBC mix last year pretty tame) 

17 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Saw Sedef Adasi on Thursday night, who was great though.

I was there! It was great!

17 hours ago, TomTom1239 said:

The Saorise, Shanti, Moxie, Peach, Cinthie takeover for sunrise at Genosys Sound system was a Glasto moment that'll live long in the memory. The mixing, track selection, sun, rain and that incredible rainbow over the Downlow was just breathtaking.

I was also there! It was also great!

Set of the weekend was probably Sherelle on Thursday at Lonely Hearts Club.

Loved the venue and she was absolutely ripping it up. 

Had a load of fun at Palms Trax x Job Jobse too. 

Couldn’t get into Overmono, but that was more on me than them, was done in by the time they started and only lasted half an hour before calling it a night. 

Highlights for me:

Thurs: sherelle at LHC

Fri: shanti b2b peach/moxie/saoirse, incredible vibe as the sun came up and the rainbow to top it off

Saturday: todd edwards at nyc downlow was incredible, they need to get more toilets in there though!

Sunday: haai then job jobse closing San Remo, another belter

Didn't see a bad set all weekend tbh, special mentions to OK Williams and Leon Vynehall who I really enjoyed also

Thursday, saw about an hour of the Notting Hill Carnival stage. Great fun, hope this is going to be a permanent fixture.

Got right to front at The Temple for Deekline and Ed Solo. Just watched my bald head bopping along with the beautiful youngsters on the YouTube vid.

Four Tet at The Park was incredible. Can’t get “Looking At Your Pager” out of my head. OMG the bass 😍

Wasn’t too impressed with the new Glade position.

Managed to catch, after Macca, the last hour of Plump DJs at Greenpeace. One of the friendliest crowds at the festival at that stage.

Spent the rest of the night in the SE corner. Vague memories of lots of DnB in Shrangi-La, chatting shit to some lovely people, stumbling upon Warmduscher and then singing along to “You’ve Got The Love” at some stage at 6am.

Bit of rain at the end, but beautiful rainbow for the walk at the tent.

Me and wife under said rainbow:

84D3431F-0634-4088-AD29-3D0D61393651.jpeg

Anyone know what happened to Folamour? One of the sets I was most excited for, skipped headliners to get to SE corner early and got a good spot at Gas Tower, then nothing 😞

Stayed there for whoever was the replacement, followed by Fatboy Slim but really missed my disco fix this festival.

Otherwise I enjoyed the KH set at BBC Introducing and Job Jobse at San Remo. Loved San Remo as the sound was actually good outside, unlike lonely hearts (too quiet) and glade (awful soundbleed)

14 minutes ago, dougal1 said:

Anyone know what happened to Folamour? One of the sets I was most excited for, skipped headliners to get to SE corner early and got a good spot at Gas Tower, then nothing 😞

Stayed there for whoever was the replacement, followed by Fatboy Slim but really missed my disco fix this festival.

Otherwise I enjoyed the KH set at BBC Introducing and Job Jobse at San Remo. Loved San Remo as the sound was actually good outside, unlike lonely hearts (too quiet) and glade (awful soundbleed)

My single lowest moment of the weekend. Was absolutely crushed to learn Folamour wasn't going to make his set after making such an effort to get to the Gas Tower. Was a night ruiner for me and my group