Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I'm aiming to be at both of these, hope to see you there man, would be great to put a face to the name!

I won't be at Palms Trax (just not my kind of thing!) but will defo be at Overmono, and would equally love to meet you and all the gang!

Also, as said, there is a Discord thread and associated WhatsApp group (just for the duration of the festival, mind...) so that people can try to meet up if their looking for E/D dancing partners at pretty much any set. So I'll keep an eye on that too and would be really happy to see folks lots of times around the various venues.

Rave hard and safely, everyone.

Ben
x

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Pop down IICON  again. Seems smaller than last time. Gunna be rammed. The space not the head or anything maybe just me Hyped for it though

No photos no spoilers

Must have been there just after you…Yeah, looks mega down there. Expect that field to filled more than it was in  2019. 

1 minute ago, kraken_89 said:

Hi all - is the sound at Arcadia any good? I’m planning my Saturday there but I’ve heard from a friend the sound quality isn’t great unless you’re right underneath it 

In my experience the crowds are always busier around the edge, with people stopping for a look on their way back to camp etc, and the sound quality isn't as good there. I found that if you work your way through those initial crowds there is usually a bit more space weirdly and the sound quality is better.

29 minutes ago, kraken_89 said:

Hi all - is the sound at Arcadia any good? I’m planning my Saturday there but I’ve heard from a friend the sound quality isn’t great unless you’re right underneath it 

As long as your comfortably inside the legs, it's great. Get as central as you can. Under the belly it's spectacular. 

And I think the Spider in the right position has better sound than Pangea. 

Ben

7 minutes ago, Cuboid said:

Guys any idea what this eats everything pink panther b2b with Fonda is? 

Someone in one of the secret sets threads said it was Eats Everything B2B Fatboy Slim. Not sure where they got the info/how accurate it is, but Eats Everything = Fonda Pudding makes sense regardless.

Edited by FLB

1 hour ago, FLB said:

In my experience the crowds are always busier around the edge, with people stopping for a look on their way back to camp etc, and the sound quality isn't as good there. I found that if you work your way through those initial crowds there is usually a bit more space weirdly and the sound quality is better.

Ah, the old crowd crust rearing it's ugly head again

1 hour ago, FLB said:

Someone in one of the secret sets threads said it was Eats Everything B2B Fatboy Slim. Not sure where they got the info/how accurate it is, but Eats Everything = Fonda Pudding makes sense regardless.

Edited by convey

15 minutes ago, gittinsell said:

Would people mind advising me on how busy temple normally gets in the common? If I wanted to see prospa into rudimental on Sunday night will I need to rock up early to get in? Thanks 🙂 

It will get incredibly busy. If you're aiming for the beginning of Prospa then you'll be there before the biggest three stages finish, so it'll be ok, I'd say. Leave it much time after the big three close and I expect the queue to be pretty massive. 

Ben

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It will get incredibly busy. If you're aiming for the beginning of Prospa then you'll be there before the biggest three stages finish, so it'll be ok, I'd say. Leave it much time after the big three close and I expect the queue to be pretty massive. 

Ben

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll get there a little before prospa start to be safe! 

• Like 1

Right then party people, I'm beginning my journey now (Bristol tonight then to the farm in the morning). I may not post all that much but this is probably my favourite thread on the forum so I'd like to thank you all for that! The friendliness, knowledge and advice is second to none here. 

Posting now since I struggle enough to meet my own friends whilst at Glastonbury so probably won't make any of the meets - please don't take that personally! 

Hope you all have a wild time! 💃🕺🪩

• Upvote 2

Hello! Just started a thread on this as I hadn’t seen this one but I’d appreciate seeing some proper banging techno / tech house at the fest for a bit, am a bit out of touch with the names of current DJs, any tips? 
like Charlotte De Witte / Bibi sort of thing 

Eats everything usually bangs a bit of tech out ofc but not sure if he will when he’s B2B with old Norman 

3 minutes ago, Sam_from_leicester said:

Hello! Just started a thread on this as I hadn’t seen this one but I’d appreciate seeing some proper banging techno / tech house at the fest for a bit, am a bit out of touch with the names of current DJs, any tips? 
like Charlotte De Witte / Bibi sort of thing 

Eats everything usually bangs a bit of tech out ofc but not sure if he will when he’s B2B with old Norman 

I posted this on reddit when some guy asked for Tech House recommendations 

Right a disclaimer: this is not my genre, I’d not go see most of these acts for free, and I’ve been quite loose with the tech-house genre (I.e. Chems, Floorplan, PartiBoi69 are not tech house but close enough for your purposes) but see below:

Camelphat 0025 - 0225 Glade Thursday 

Eats Everything presents 1.30 Stonebridge Thursday night

Danny Howard 0125 Glade Dome Thursday 

Denis Sulta 18.00 Friday in Sonic

Annie Mac 2115 Friday Glade

Patrick Topping B2B Eats Everything 23.00 Sonic Friday 

Chemical Brothers (DJ) secret set Arcadia 23:00 Friday

Dan Shake 1800 - 1930 Stonebridge Saturday 

Calvin Harris 0100 - 0200 Saturday Arcadia 

Kettama some time between 23:00 and 05:00 in Stonebridge Saturday, he’ll probably play 90 mins.

Special Request multiple times between 23:00 and 05:00 in Stonebridge Saturday. 

Floorplan 2245 - 0015 IICON Sunday 

Gorgon City - 0000-0115 Lonely Hearts Club Sunday

Sonny Foders 0115-0230 Lonely hearts club Sunday

PartiBoi69 0200-0400 Gastower Sunday

Also missing from this list is TSHA, she is not a tech house DJ, but is just straight 90s style rave and house, is a top tier DJ and is playing 3 sets over the weekend.

For Tech House the pick of the bunch for me is Kettama, he’s top tier.

13 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Right a disclaimer: this is not my genre, I’d not go see most of these acts for free, and I’ve been quite loose with the tech-house genre (I.e. Chems, Floorplan, PartiBoi69 are not tech house but close enough for your purposes) but see below:

Kettama some time between 23:00 and 05:00 in Stonebridge Saturday, he’ll probably play 90 mins.

Also missing from this list is TSHA, she is not a tech house DJ, but is just straight 90s style rave and house, is a top tier DJ and is playing 3 sets over the weekend.

Nice list mate many thanks, seen a few of these but plenty of new names for me to check out :)

41 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

The biggest tech Housers at Glastonbury are undoubtedly Jamie Jones and Craig Richard. Both fabric tech house stalwarts 

2 hours ago, MaxPower said:

For techno there’s off the top of my head:

Giant Swan (live)

Fjaak DJ set

HAAi

Daniel Avery

Pangaea x Pariah

Jon Hopkins DJ set

Elkka

Joy Orbison

(Pls do not comment with “not real techno” x)

These two gonna be sick. They’re on after each other also so i’d get stuck in there.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

These two gonna be sick. They’re on after each other also so i’d get stuck in there.

I doubt I’m gonna be able to convince my group to do it and I’m sure my spangled self will be too antsy to actually stick with it either, but if I had it my way I’d probably just stay at IICON all Saturday night from Floating Points onwards. Such a great run. 

• Upvote 1