Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Overmono were really underwhelming at Wide Awake the other week so I wouldn't at all sacrifice eg Chems to see them. Slightly amazed at all the chatter in here about them. They were Bicep-lite, without the tunes, but whoever's doing PR/booking for them is doing an amazing job so fair play.

5 hours ago, gordong said:

Ouch, really? I was really looking forward to seeing them as a casual fan who only really knows their big tunes. 

To counter this, I was at the Wide Awake set and fucking loved it.

So much so that seeing them on IICON is one of the dance sets I’m most looking forward to this year. 

8 hours ago, vigo said:

This is great to hear! Is there any more information about this overhaul? The wow stage has probably my favourite line up of any stage but was gonna almost completely avoid it because I found it soulless as others did. Was just gonna head to block9 every night.

Two new stages - Firmly Rooted and Lonely Hearts Club, a new Sonic tent, BBC in a different position etc. I just get the feel that they're trying to lay it out to be a more coherent area in its own right rather than, for so many, just somewhere you walk through to get from Other to JPT! 

Ben

8 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Any tough techno recommendations late on Saturday? @bennyhana22 🙂 🙂 🙂 I'm more of hard house fan but that's few and far between at GF. Do like the tougher techno stuff, or any tough EDM which breaks nicely! 

Ah, Stokesy! Well, it depends on what you mean by 'tougher'. If you mean the Perc/Rebekah/ihatemodels style of really hard 140bpm+ techno, then there's precious little, if any (a good thing for me 😄), but if you mean proper, full-on (quality) techno, then Saturday is the standout for me:

Jon Hopkins - San Remo >
Daniel Avery - San Remo >
Joy Orbison - IICON >
Pangaea x Pariah - IICON

That's six straight hours of world-class techno. 

Ben
x

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ah, Stokesy! Well, it depends on what you mean by 'tougher'. If you mean the Perc/Rebekah/ihatemodels style of really hard 140bpm+ techno, then there's precious little, if any (a good thing for me 😄), but if you mean proper, full-on (quality) techno, then Saturday is the standout for me:

Jon Hopkins - San Remo >
Daniel Avery - San Remo >
Joy Orbison - IICON >
Pangaea x Pariah - IICON

That's six straight hours of world-class techno. 

Ben
x

Yes, Sir. Thank you very much. I had earmarked Hopkins DJ set but I think it'll be heaving after Macca. Will try to catch the others!

E/D Meet-ups - 'final' info

Hi Team

I've decided to stick with just details of meet-ups for Friday and Saturday, for people to aim for (details below). However...

1. I'll be around the Ridge & Furrow from around or shortly after 6pm on Wednesday and would love to say hi to anyone from our lovely little thread.

2. As I've mentioned, on the Glastonbury Discord there is a new, temporary thread called Electronic and Dance Meet-Ups, which people may use to say that they're at other dance sets across the festival, to try to use to get us together, if people fancy it. In that thread there is also an open invitation to join a WhatsApp group for the duration of the  festival (named E&D meet-up group), again as a way to let others know if you're at a set and would like some company from threaders.

This won't be my last post pre-festival, but probably the last one for me to try herding the cats, so have a brilliant time and it would be great to meet up sometime to have a dance with kindred spirits.

Friday - Overmono (live) - 0130-0230h IICON (Block9)
Saturday - Palms 
Trax x Job Jobse - 1900-2030h Wow (Silver Hayes)

Ben
x

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi Team

I've decided to stick with just details of meet-ups for Friday and Saturday, for people to aim for (details below). However...

1. I'll be around the Ridge & Furrow from around or shortly after 6pm on Wednesday and would love to say hi to anyone from our lovely little thread.

2. As I've mentioned, on the Glastonbury Discord there is a new, temporary thread called Electronic and Dance Meet-Ups, which people may use to say that they're at other dance sets across the festival, to try to use to get us together, if people fancy it. In that thread there is also an open invitation to join a WhatsApp group for the duration of the  festival (named E&D meet-up group), again as a way to let others know if you're at a set and would like some company from threaders.

This won't be my last post pre-festival, but probably the last one for me to try herding the cats, so have a brilliant time and it would be great to meet up sometime to have a dance with kindred spirits.

Saturday - Palms 

Ben
x

See you out there somewhere, in the usual spot!

Definitely won't be at Overmono, but will try and make the other meet, but as you know it all depends.

Sterling work as ever, with your infectious enthusiasm and encyclopaedic knowledge. 

Love and hugs to all on here.

32 minutes ago, Fishman said:

See you out there somewhere, in the usual spot!

Definitely won't be at Overmono, but will try and make the other meet, but as you know it all depends.

Sterling work as ever, with your infectious enthusiasm and encyclopaedic knowledge. 

Love and hugs to all on here.

❤️

Ben

22 minutes ago, Isaact said:

The line up for NYC Downlow has this on Sunday:

RÓISÍN MURPHY    01:50 - 02:00

A 10 minute set? Surely that can't be right...

Its a live PA thing, just a song or two then the djs continue

8 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi Team

Saturday - Palms 

Ben
x

I'm aiming to be at both of these, hope to see you there man, would be great to put a face to the name!