Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, lukemack said:

Apologies if this has already been asked..

Noticed Jamie Jones & Solomun on the Gas Tower Saturday night have been changed to...

Jamie Jones - VJ Volata XR

&

Solomun - VJ Fade in Fade Out

Anyone have any idea what that is? Solomun pretty much my main kust see if the festival at this point

I think Volata XR and Fade in Fade Out are who will be doing the visuals on the LED screens for their sets.

1 hour ago, lukemack said:

Apologies if this has already been asked..

Noticed Jamie Jones & Solomun on the Gas Tower Saturday night have been changed to...

Jamie Jones - VJ Volata XR

&

Solomun - VJ Fade in Fade Out

Anyone have any idea what that is? Solomun pretty much my main kust see if the festival at this point

Already asked but I think you can just google 

http://www.fadeinfadeout.co.uk/

https://volta-xr.com/

Gives you an idea.

I can imagine they will both be visually awesome on the |Gas Tower

I agree about Solomun - really looking forward to him and will be great and hopefully a highlight (with Franky Wah, Camelphat, Digweed, Nick Warren and Overomono) assuming:

1. Solomun can get from Italy on the Saturday in about 5 hours and

2. I can convince the Missus to stay out until 6am!

🙂

• Like 1

Ah great remember watching Bicep in the gastower last time was great, was dreading Solomun was going to be some virtual dj thing on the screens with that update, seen him in pacha a few weeks ago was brilliant, going to be a festival highlight (if he makes it😄)

Edited by lukemack

reckon i can make it from arcadia (chems, finishes at 1am) to Overmono (iicon, strarts 1.30am) Friday?

the one way system will still be in force at 1am right? so its to SE entrance ?

Edited by TiZuff

On 6/18/2022 at 11:12 AM, bennyhana22 said:

Also, SH has undergone a major overhaul this year. I'm genuinely optimistic that they've been aware of people's thoughts on it being a little soulless and have made a proper effort to give it some character.

For the first time ever I have a defo see on my schedule in Sonic!

Ben

Couldn't agree more Ben. Really loving the line up in the area, especially sonic. Think there will be some great crowds (which will reduce the stress on other areas). 

Personally looking forward the run of female DJ's on the friday on Sonic. Some great names there and it'll be great to drop in and out! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

reckon i can make it from arcadia (chems, finishes at 1am) to Overmono (iicon, strarts 1.30am) Friday?

We had this discussion about a week ago, i think the idea was leave 5mins early to beat the crowds or leave at the end and arrive around 15 min late

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Yes; Yes; & Yes.

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Overmono were really underwhelming at Wide Awake the other week so I wouldn't at all sacrifice eg Chems to see them. Slightly amazed at all the chatter in here about them. They were Bicep-lite, without the tunes, but whoever's doing PR/booking for them is doing an amazing job so fair play.

Ouch, really? I was really looking forward to seeing them as a casual fan who only really knows their big tunes. 

17 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Overmono were really underwhelming at Wide Awake the other week so I wouldn't at all sacrifice eg Chems to see them. Slightly amazed at all the chatter in here about them. They were Bicep-lite, without the tunes, but whoever's doing PR/booking for them is doing an amazing job so fair play.

That's really weird! The last thing I would have thought Overmono described as would be Bicep-lite! I mean, I like Bicep well enough, and am sure I'll really enjoy their WH show (haven't seen them before), but they are 'light'. Saw Overmono at Green Man last year and they were so much heavier than I can ever imagine Bicep being! Everyone knows that I'm much more into 'proper' techno and am not a huge one for the vocal sample more hooky side of dance music, but Overmono gave me a very enjoyable hour. I anticipate them going pretty heavy on IICON. 

Ben

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

Absolutely agree... I've seen them twice now and have been thoroughly underwhelmed both times, but thought i'd started to go crazy because of how into them everyone on here seems to be.

1 hour ago, gordong said:

Ouch, really? I was really looking forward to seeing them as a casual fan who only really knows their big tunes. 

I mean, it was alright.  And they played all the tunes.  Just doesn't warrant anywhere near the levels of excitement from others, in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I mean, it was alright.  And they played all the tunes.  Just doesn't warrant anywhere near the levels of excitement from others, in my opinion.

I know what you mean. I'm perfectly happy to be seeing them for an hour, mainly as it's one of the E/D meet up sets, so hopefully I'll get the chance finally to meet some of you lot. And they're accessible enough that I think they'll go down well with an IICON crowd up for it on the first 'full' dance night of the festival. So I'm fine with seeing them. 

However, as everyone knows, they're simply an hors d'oeuvre to the main event that is, unquestionably, Client_03 and an hour of weapons-grade acid electro on Platform 23 in Shangri-La at 0300h that night. It's where the beautiful people will be...

Ben

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I know what you mean. I'm perfectly happy to be seeing them for an hour, mainly as it's one of the E/D meet up sets, so hopefully I'll get the chance finally to meet some of you lot. And they're accessible enough that I think they'll go down well with an IICON crowd up for it on the first 'full' dance night of the festival. So I'm fine with seeing them. 

However, as everyone knows, they're simply an hors d'oeuvre to the main event that is, unquestionably, Client_03 and an hour of weapons-grade acid electro on Platform 23 in Shangri-La at 0300h that night. It's where the beautiful people will be...

Ben

I may well join you...

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2022 at 11:12 AM, bennyhana22 said:

Also, SH has undergone a major overhaul this year. I'm genuinely optimistic that they've been aware of people's thoughts on it being a little soulless and have made a proper effort to give it some character.

For the first time ever I have a defo see on my schedule in Sonic!

Ben

This is great to hear! Is there any more information about this overhaul? The wow stage has probably my favourite line up of any stage but was gonna almost completely avoid it because I found it soulless as others did. Was just gonna head to block9 every night.

8 minutes ago, Tardigrade said:

Sorry, it's been a while.. can you remind me what this means? 

Between those times you can only enter the SE corner from that point - there’s a queue with barriers & access control.

The routes you can take into the SEC at other times, like from the railway line & down from the craft fields, become exit only.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Between those times you can only enter the SE corner from that point - there’s a queue with barriers & access control.

The routes you can take into the SEC at other times, like from the railway line & down from the craft fields, become exit only.

Gotcha! Thanks the SEC is my least well remembered part of Glasto it's all a bit fuzzy in my head 🤣

Edited by Tardigrade

15 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:
1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

Absolutely agree... I've seen them twice now and have been thoroughly underwhelmed both times, but thought i'd started to go crazy because of how into them everyone on here seems to be.

These are interesting comments thank you. Just me and the the mrs this year and she doesnt seem up for Overmono and wants to go elsewhere. I mean they are good but not something I can go totally crazy for so if they aren't all that then I could save the goodwill for somewhere else - maybe straight up to SE corner or Plump DJs.

Do you like listening to Overmono songs?

YES □   
NO
 □ 

If YES, go watch them. If NO, go elsewhere.

I saw them at Electric Brixton & really liked it. Strong chance I'll be at IICON, but having seen them before does give some flexibility.

Really think they should start the show with Aero imo & also would love if they could find a way to throw Le Tigre in there somehow.