Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 minutes ago, Tom White said:

The google doc is such a good resource. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed. 

Currently listening to the Four Tet set linked in the sheet. I've followed them for years - but only really their albums - can't wait to hear them do a 'DJ' at the farm. 

Four Tet might be my most anticipated act of the weekend! your definitely not alone in liking them

6 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Along the Four Tet lines (kinda...) is anyone aware of acts who have a Kiasmos/Olafur Arnalds style? 

Couple of things:

1. @Tom White - why are you referring to Four Tet in the plural?! It's a bleedin' him! 😂. And his headline on Park could be pretty special. 

2. Kiasmos-type stuff. Not really, I don't think. Closest would probably be Bonobo's instrumental tracks, I guess. 

3. ALL - I'm planning on posting some stuff about possible meet-up sets for the E/D massive. So far I think we'll do Overmono on IICON on Friday (plus and cheeky little extra of Client_03 in Shangri-La at 0300h), Palms vs Job Jobse on Saturday, and am yet to confirm one for the Sunday. Am discussing too on Discord, as I'm active on both platforms' threads. 

Ideas for an evening (pre-headliner) or late late set on Sunday are very welcome. We're also discussing how best to arrange to meet at the stage, as IICON, for example, is bloody massive!

So ideas on that also very welcome. Will post all the details once all decided, but I am determined not to go through yet another Glastonbury meeting none of the brilliant people in the E/D thread. 

Ben
x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Couple of things:

1. @Tom White - why are you referring to Four Tet in the plural?! It's a bleedin' him! 😂. And his headline on Park could be pretty special. 

2. Kiasmos-type stuff. Not really, I don't think. Closest would probably be Bonobo's instrumental tracks, I guess. 

3. ALL - I'm planning on posting some stuff about possible meet-up sets for the E/D massive. So far I think we'll do Overmono on IICON on Friday (plus and cheeky little extra of Client_03 in Shangri-La at 0300h), Palms vs Job Jobse on Saturday, and am yet to confirm one for the Sunday. Am discussing too on Discord, as I'm active on both platforms' threads. 

Ideas for an evening (pre-headliner) or late late set on Sunday are very welcome. We're also discussing how best to arrange to meet at the stage, as IICON, for example, is bloody massive!

So ideas on that also very welcome. Will post all the details once all decided, but I am determined not to go through yet another Glastonbury meeting none of the brilliant people in the E/D thread. 

Ben
x

😆ooops.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cruft said:

Does anyone know the name of the stage. I think in Shangri La. It's a bowl shape where you're able to stand on the terraces around it?

Probably poorly explained haha

It's the Temple. It's in The Common (other side of the Railway Line to Shangri-La) and when it's buzzing, it's a bloody fantastic place!

Ben

Had a quick flick through the spreadsheet (s/s?) and there might be a reason for it but no Stanton Warriors on there? Breakbeat, UK Garage, House type stuff, playing Glade Dome Thursday night 00:10 - 01:25. Never seen them but they pop up in a lot of the same places as Dub Pistols so heard about them that way. Might well be checking them out.

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Couple of things:

Ben
x

I am, of course, aware of the difficult situation that occurred a few weeks ago, and the subsequent setting up of the Discord channel etc. 

People used to my posts will know that I would only ever put stuff in to try to be helpful and inclusive, rather than to cause office/upset etc.

With that in mind, and purely as it would work better logistically, we have now set up a thread in the G Discord called 'Electronic and Dance Meet-Up'.

The idea is to use that thread over the festival 'exclusively' as a tool to try to meet up with others from that thread and this one. We've talked every year about trying to do so! I think the best way would be to use what3words, especially in venues as big as IICON, assuming the 'net coverage is good enough. Alternatively, you could just post your rough location, description etc.

I won't link it here, but there are quite a few dual-platform users, and if I can find and use Discord as well as post here, then you lot can easily bloody find it! 

It would be ace to meet some of this gang and have a dance together.

Ben
x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's the Temple. It's in The Common (other side of the Railway Line to Shangri-La) and when it's buzzing, it's a bloody fantastic place!

Ben

There used to be a stage in Shangri-La with with kind terraces around two sides where you could look down on the dance floor 

Just now, Quark said:

Hell I think. Remember watching something down there with people up on the sides 

Nah, Hell was just a pretty big open stage - pretty much the same as Truth (may even be the same rig) but in a different position in SLa. Heaven was white and curved and I think had some platforms around the perimeter. 

Ben

Looking forward to sets by Floating Points, Overmono, Danny Howard, FJAAK, Frankie Wah, Saoirse, Avalon Emerson, Sasha and Digweed (obvs) and Bicep. Thanks to you posters on here, I've loved looking through comms in here, much appreciated. 

Going to try and catch Tsha at some stage, do we know what sort of set she will play at Sonic on Friday afternoon? Is it D&B/Jungle there or likely to be a house set?

I’m hoping Folamour in the Gas Tower won’t be too rammed with him being on the same time as Four Tet at Arcadia. Anyone else going to see him? I’ve seen Four Tet heaps of times, folamour only once on a boat party at dimensions fest in like 2017, been dying to catch him again since!

26 minutes ago, Brad2434 said:

I’m hoping Folamour in the Gas Tower won’t be too rammed with him being on the same time as Four Tet at Arcadia. Anyone else going to see him? I’ve seen Four Tet heaps of times, folamour only once on a boat party at dimensions fest in like 2017, been dying to catch him again since!

I'm doing Folomur as seeing Four Tet on Park.. probably stay for FSB after too. 

Can imagine the vibe at Folomur being amazing