Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Flying Bus in Unfairground 2am-4am Saturday is listed as "Guest DJ". 

Prime spot I think/expecting/hoping for relatively old  but still big name DJ - spot just after the legendary rave 808 State DJs tribute to Andy Barker who died recently.

nearly 50 here.  disappointed that there isn't any proper hard stuff on the bill anywhere. that Pastis and Buenri look good.

lookign forward to it, but i find most of the techno acts on a bit weak, and the house is very disco based. Jsut different times and different tastes.  each to their own. 

also would love soem proper 90s house - Mark XTC in the Spaceport was always good for this. 

On 6/15/2022 at 5:33 PM, Acid Loafers said:

Not gonna lie, this has kind of whetted my Two Shell appetite for a while

I guess I'll just have to try & catch them whenever I can, as it's just never working out for me when they play. Does look like a pre-recorded, which doesn't bother me. Dunno if Glasto would have been different, but they've been given a nasty slot imo. Kendrick & Bicep against them, oof. 

I'm keen to see Two Shell but will be impossible to convince any of my crew. Also pre-recorded sets are unacceptable! 

That's like asking for a cocktail at a bar and you see them pour it from the taps

5 hours ago, Gwladboy said:

Hiya

Over lockdown we loved watching that Justice set from West Holts in 2017.  Is there anyone live or dj at the festival next week that plays that kind of music?  I don’t even know what genre it is sorry.

Loads of good electronic music on, but quite hard to find anything exactly like the Ed Banger sound I think! Worth checking out the House/Disco House/Tech House etc recommendations on this amazing spreadsheet that the thread have put together:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ef64jsnmwcUxLSEuibH6UOjBTaMdlqW6lBNWzJWG1P4/edit#gid=0

• Thanks 1

Here's my current thinking, not sure why I bother since the plans usually get abandoned very quickly anyway!

Thursday:

Big Fish Little Fish -> Eats Everything Presents History of Rave -> Marshall Jefferson -> Sasha -> Franky Wah -> loads of options, Sedef Adasi = preferred choice but don't want to be crammed in anywhere

Friday:

Bit of TSHA or Nick Warren -> Denis Sulta -> Bonobo -> Jon Hopkins -> Four Tet/Chems -> Carl Cox B2B Chase & Status (gf choice) or John Digweed -> possibly Client_03 and Cinthie but will be on my own then so depends on stamina!

Saturday:

Sofia Kourtesis -> Carl Cox & Eric Powell -> possibly Palms Trax B2B Job Jobse, Caribou -> Floating Points -> Jamie Jones -> Solomun

Sunday:

Mella Dee (energy boost after a full day of jazz) or Nooriyah -> Bicep -> would like Floorplan to Job Jobse or Haii to Steffi, but can't do that, so will pick either San Remo or Iicon (Glade Dome has an outside chance though!). No idea after 2am so could use some tips

Have to say that this thread has been brilliant; there are a few recommendations that I will be seeing next week and plenty more that I've enjoyed listening to, so thanks v. much to everyone who has contributed!

1 hour ago, rgalbraith said:

Flying Bus in Unfairground 2am-4am Saturday is listed as "Guest DJ". 

Prime spot I think/expecting/hoping for relatively old  but still big name DJ - spot just after the legendary rave 808 State DJs tribute to Andy Barker who died recently.

Carl Cox?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CameronJP1998 said:

I think it’ll be more rave inclined personally with the fact he seems to be doing a stage takeover, who knows tho. Wherever you go it’ll be carnage

I think you’re right actually. I only realised after seeing the poster that the whole of Thursday at Stonebridge is part of History of Rave. I initially thought it was just Eats Everything’s set at 1pm.

On 6/13/2022 at 11:19 AM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Maybe not exactly in the same style as PDM but Folamour is the go-to for disco-related business this year

Asked Skream if he's just playing the Stonebridge set on Thursday

He's got a disco set TBA (likely Rabbit Hole?)

image.thumb.png.80b40c4c6dc17263a45dbfc1e261d38a.png

13 minutes ago, joeruss said:

There's a TBA on Greenpeace?

That's on the Saturday though and he's got the residency night in KOKO that he was doing for June, think it would make more sense if he was doing WOW stage TBA slot at 9pm on the Friday, since he's playing on the Thursday already.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, convey said:

That's on the Saturday though and he's got the residency night in KOKO that he was doing for June, think it would make more sense if he was doing WOW stage TBA slot at 9pm on the Friday, since he's playing on the Thursday already.

He's playing Beyond Festival on the Saturday also. Would be a bit odd to travel back to play one of the Sunday night TBAs. There are no TBA slots on WOW any more, but Thursday or Friday make the most sense.

7 minutes ago, FLB said:

He's playing Beyond Festival on the Saturday also. Would be a bit odd to travel back to play one of the Sunday night TBAs. There are no TBA slots on WOW any more, but Thursday or Friday make the most sense.

Ah, I didn't see the Friday TBA slot got filled. I have no idea then!

Hi everyone,

New poster here but been on the boards for a while and have never posted anything before. I messaged Fabric resident Bobby and he said that a secret thing at the Silver Hayes will be announced next week with him on the line-up so I will be keeping an eye out for that as he's a top DJ. Check this mix here

Also, not sure if anyone has recommended Christian AB b2b Quest on the Flying bus Sunday night / Monday morning. Two great DJs unearthing all sorts of unknown house, techno, UKG and other wonky strains of music. Hoping to catch them if I can get into the SEC after PSB! 

Some mixes of theirs to give you a flavour: 

ICKPA001 CHRISTIAN AB & QUEST

Fabric x Picnic Promo Mix

Al

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, aleksandrgillespie said:

Hi everyone,

New poster here but been on the boards for a while and have never posted anything before. I messaged Fabric resident Bobby and he said that a secret thing at the Silver Hayes will be announced next week with him on the line-up so I will be keeping an eye out for that as he's a top DJ. Check this mix here

Also, not sure if anyone has recommended Christian AB b2b Quest on the Flying bus Sunday night / Monday morning. Two great DJs unearthing all sorts of unknown house, techno, UKG and other wonky strains of music. Hoping to catch them if I can get into the SEC after PSB! 

Some mixes of theirs to give you a flavour: 

ICKPA001 CHRISTIAN AB & QUEST

Fabric x Picnic Promo Mix

Al

welcome Al, and so pleased your posting!

all the best god bless x

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, FLB said:

Thanks everyone who’s contributed to this - really helpful for someone like me who’s way out of touch with the dance scene 😄

I did genuinely laugh out loud at the “ bland” tag for FBS. 😂

The google doc is such a good resource. Many thanks to everyone who has contributed. 

Currently listening to the Four Tet set linked in the sheet. I've followed them for years - but only really their albums - can't wait to hear them do a 'DJ' at the farm.