Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

20 minutes ago, davesrave said:

So looking like for me late night wise....

Thurs (probably my biggest clash in terms of being opposite ends of the site) can't decide between Marshall Jefferson > I. Jordan > Giant Swan > Talaboman (I do like the Thursday vibe around San Remo/Beat Hotel, and love John Talabot) 

or Marshall Jefferson > Deena Abdelwahed > The Carry Nation > Sedef Adasi (some great techno which is more up my street and couple people that I have never seen and should I be making to most of it, but then it is far away for a Thurs and I will be spending a lot of time there over the weekend...dunno) 

Fri - Four Tet (Park) > Overmono IICON > see if I can get into the Temple for end of VTSS and then FJAKK > Cinthie / Freakenstein 

Sat - get to NYC Downlow early for Virginia > Roi Perez/Todd Edwards > OK Williams > Partok > Pangaea x Pariah 

Sun - Bicep > Daniel Avery x VTSS > Job Jobse > Batu ... then 6:30am coach home 😴

I'll see you at that last part of Saturday and Sunday, if not before. (Near the front, in the middle. Otherwise known as Benny's sweet spot).

It'll certainly be tears before coach-time.

20 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's definitely an under-represented genre this year. A few from the Anjunadeep stable would have been lovely. I would definitely sacrifice some D&B for a share of some more prog/melodic/tech

Agreed. I think most of Anjuna are in Albania when Glastonbury is starting

Edited by rgalbraith

22 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's definitely an under-represented genre this year. A few from the Anjunadeep stable would have been lovely. I would definitely sacrifice some D&B for a share of some more prog/melodic/tech

I might catch Digweed on Friday. I am planning on watching Overmono at Icon, but Digweed might sway me

• Like 2

Not gonna lie, this has kind of whetted my Two Shell appetite for a while

I guess I'll just have to try & catch them whenever I can, as it's just never working out for me when they play. Does look like a pre-recorded, which doesn't bother me. Dunno if Glasto would have been different, but they've been given a nasty slot imo. Kendrick & Bicep against them, oof. 

This kept playing after watching the above. These guys look like a riot. Imagine these two at Genosys at 3AM 😂

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Short of a freak, limb-losing accident putting me in the medical tent, nothing is stopping me from seeing Sedef Adasi. Not least of all as she's just about the only full, must-see set for me this year on Genosys-not-Genosys. 

Ben

Am liking this recommendation. I've penciled it in to my clashfinder 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I might catch Digweed on Friday. I am planning on watching Overmono at Icon, but Digweed might sway me

Overmono are good and will be an event at IICON  (but there is always Saturday at Sonic) but Digweed all day long for me espcially as he is only playing once....Although I wished he'd play a secret set somewhere Saturday night that would help things out for me.....

4 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

Overmono are good and will be an event at IICON  (but there is always Saturday at Sonic) but Digweed all day long for me espcially as he is only playing once....Although I wished he'd play a secret set somewhere Saturday night that would help things out for me.....

Fair points, but I have a different conundrum to you. I have seen Digweed about 10 times ober the years, I have never seen Overmono or anyone on IICON, so that's my issue!

21 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Short of a freak, limb-losing accident putting me in the medical tent, nothing is stopping me from seeing Sedef Adasi. Not least of all as she's just about the only full, must-see set for me this year on Genosys-not-Genosys. 

Ben

Is there a particular set you recommend listening to beforehand so I can get a flavour?

23 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

You should add Cinthie to that list Ben

Hiya

Over lockdown we loved watching that Justice set from West Holts in 2017.  Is there anyone live or dj at the festival next week that plays that kind of music?  I don’t even know what genre it is sorry.

Edited by Gwladboy
Clarification

15 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

Hiya

Over lockdown we loved watching that Justice set from West Holts in 2017.  Is there anyone live or dj there next week that plays that kind of music?  I don’t even know what genre it is sorry.

Tricky one...There'll be a lot that's like that on Arcadia, but less on W.H.  The big dance acts on W.H are Bicep, Caribou and Bonobo, who are all really really good, but not quite like Justice. I would very much recommend seeing Caribou, they're one of my favourite live bands (and actually have a live band!) - but they're not quite like Justice, or as intense.

Edit: by "there" I assume you mean WH, and not the festival as a whole

Edited by Ed90

13 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

Tricky one...There'll be a lot that's like that on Arcadia, but less on W.H.  The big dance acts on W.H are Bicep, Caribou and Bonobo, who are all really really good, but not quite like Justice. I would very much recommend seeing Caribou, they're one of my favourite live bands (and actually have a live band!) - but they're not quite like Justice, or as intense.

Edit: by "there" I assume you mean WH, and not the festival as a whole

Thanks for this, I actually meant at the festival as a whole. Happy to travel away from West Holts although I will be there for Bonobo and Bicep.

1 hour ago, Gwladboy said:

Thanks for this, I actually meant at the festival as a whole. Happy to travel away from West Holts although I will be there for Bonobo and Bicep.

Ah, in that case then I'd imagine you'll have a fair bit of choice.  I'll defer to those who know more about Justice than I do...