Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

I can't quite get over the fact that TSHA is playing three times and I can't make any of them 😒

Yep was just thinking that! Might try and catch some of the Sonic one since I wouldn't mind sticking around for Denis Sulta anyway

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FLB said:

Yep was just thinking that! Might try and catch some of the Sonic one since I wouldn't mind sticking around for Denis Sulta anyway

I was looking at the Sonic one but it'd have to be a solo trip and I'm really looking forward to Wolf Alice. One to chalk up to bad luck for me I think. 

On a separate note, I've made the mistake of putting the 2013 Chems Essential Mix on and wow that is tempting on Friday night now. I'm very committed to Four Tet at Park but what a two hours on Arcadia they will be. 

I'm getting really bloody excited now. 

Really split between Hopkins/Avery and FloPo on Saturday night. What's the deal with San Remo, is it indoor only and what's the capacity like? As it's a new venue probably difficult to know?

Seen Hopkins (live) and (dj) a number of times so think FloPo will win out particularly if queues l to the SE corner aren't as bad as they have been in previous years. Always a chance I can convince my mates that they'd rather be at the spider on Friday as well.

Edited by deletebeep

59 minutes ago, deletebeep said:

Really split between Hopkins/Avery and FloPo on Saturday night. What's the deal with San Remo, is it indoor only and what's the capacity like? As it's a new venue probably difficult to know?

Seen Hopkins (live) and (dj) a number of times so think FloPo will win out particularly if queues l to the SE corner aren't as bad as they have been in previous years. Always a chance I can convince my mates that they'd rather be at the spider on Friday as well.

If San Remo is anything like the Beat Hotel (same location in previous years) it will be indoor only, couple of k max capacity maybe? Only ever went in there to grab a cocktail so wasn't really paying attention 😀 Decent effort with the lineup though so maybe it's a bit bigger than the Beat Hotel etc.

Agree with your thoughts in 2nd paragraph and weirdly I think my group might be more up for Floating Points, plus I will definitely be in SEC afterwards regardless, so think that wins it for me!

59 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I was looking at the Sonic one but it'd have to be a solo trip and I'm really looking forward to Wolf Alice. One to chalk up to bad luck for me I think. 

On a separate note, I've made the mistake of putting the 2013 Chems Essential Mix on and wow that is tempting on Friday night now. I'm very committed to Four Tet at Park but what a two hours on Arcadia they will be. 

I'm getting really bloody excited now. 

Yep fair enough! Friday is crazy tbh, I could happily have that lineup stretched out over 3 days

Edited by FLB

55 minutes ago, deletebeep said:

There are a few of us on here struggling over that clash. I’m leaning towards FloPo but I guess I’ll see how I feel on the night. Hopkins and Avery (b2b VTSS) will both be on Arcadia over the weekend so there’s another chance to see them. 

Edited by Glasto19

7 minutes ago, Glasto19 said:

There are a few of us on here struggling over that clash. I’m leaning towards FloPo but I guess I’ll see how I feel on the night. Hopkins and Avery (b2b VTSS) will both be on Arcadia over the weekend so there’s another chance to see them. 

Yep exactly. Reckon the visuals on Iicon will be pretty cool also 

A friend went to Parklife.

Amelie Lens, Prydz, Four Tet & Suprisingly Ewan McVicar were the highlights. He said McVicar caught his ear as he was going to another stage, but stayed there all through. Acid based techno in the main. He said ge was surprised.

His review of the festival.... "Never again. I'm 31 & felt out of place. The crowd were very young, but they were friendly. The atmosphere was just bland, they were all on their phones & filming everything. I didn't feel threatened though. It was much friendlier than people make it out to be. I had to walk to Rochdale Road to get a taxi too cos there were no trams. That took well over an hour"

6 hours ago, Glasto19 said:

That Avery b2b VTSS set time is brutal - will inevitably mean trekking from Kendrick to Arcadia and then back to SEC on Day 5 - gotta get those steps in the last day. Would be worse still if I binned Kendrick to see Floorplan - can't believe they're clashing with the headliners

9 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I can't quite get over the fact that TSHA is playing three times and I can't make any of them 😒

Same. 

Slim chance I might plump for her instead of Wolf Alice, but unlikely I think.

I actually think I’ve only got one shot at seeing Haai too (Stonebridge Thurs).

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Amelie Lens, Prydz, Four Tet & Suprisingly Ewan McVicar were the highlights. He said McVicar caught his ear as he was going to another stage, but stayed there all through. Acid based techno in the main. He said ge was surprised.

His review of the festival.... "Never again. I'm 31 & felt out of place. The crowd were very young, but they were friendly. The atmosphere was just bland, they were all on their phones & filming everything. I didn't feel threatened though. It was much friendlier than people make it out to be. I had to walk to Rochdale Road to get a taxi too cos there were no trams. That took well over an hour"

Went to Patrick Topping at WHP a couple of months back and Ewan McVicar was on beforehand, he was quality tbh and the highlight of the night. His acid house set at Stonebridge Bar should be great

Also had the same experience re. feeling old.. i'm 34 and had a lad tell me at WHP I was an 'old school raver'

Just now, Grinding aftertaste said:

I'm 38 and haven't been raving since Glastonbury 5 years ago, so I'm feeling a little anxious at this prospect. Only as old as you feel though eh?? 😁

I can't even bring myself to tell you how old I am, bud, but suffice it to say that I could almost be your parent (well, technically I could!). 

There are plenty of older ravers on the Farm, including plenty in this thread. We're all gonna be fine. Remember @Fishman's marathon-not-sprint mantra and we'll all still be there for Batu in the Temple at 0330h on the Monday morning!

Ben
x

• Like 2

This is my 20th anniversary of my first Glastonbury. 20 years a raver! Mostly into breakbeat but love electronic music of many genres. I was a bit late to the party but I'm still very much on board. I'm 61 and still going strong. 
That first Glastonbury changed my life and I am so grateful for the music and the friends I have made over the years. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Fwiw, I'm 38 and only really "properly" started raving 3-4 years ago.  I rarely feel out of place, occasionally go to stuff on my own.  At institutions like Fabric there'll very often be 60+ year olds, and I think most secretly hope they'll be that person (if you like the scene enough then you should).  This'll be my first Glasto - slightly intimidated by the scale but its nice knowing there'll be plenty of older ravers (this is normally one of the first things I assess when walking into a club).

All that said, I was out with my girlfriend at the Four Tet/FloPo Drumsheds recently and a friend of a friend (I think he was mid-late 20s) said to me "I think its so great that you and your wife still come out raving".  It burns deeper every time I think about it

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

I actually think I’ve only got one shot at seeing Haai too (Stonebridge Thurs).

I'm planning on seeing HAAi on Sunday night in San Remo but we all know what happens with plans. 

If I'm in the area I'll definitely try for Stonebridge but I don't hold out much hope when it comes to music on Thursday; I've been burnt too many times. 

17 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

Fwiw, I'm 38 and only really "properly" started raving 3-4 years ago.  I rarely feel out of place, occasionally go to stuff on my own.  At institutions like Fabric there'll very often be 60+ year olds, and I think most secretly hope they'll be that person (if you like the scene enough then you should).  This'll be my first Glasto - slightly intimidated by the scale but its nice knowing there'll be plenty of older ravers (this is normally one of the first things I assess when walking into a club).

All that said, I was out with my girlfriend at the Four Tet/FloPo Drumsheds recently and a friend of a friend (I think he was mid-late 20s) said to me "I think its so great that you and your wife still come out raving".  It burns deeper every time I think about it

Awww Ed that’s hilarious 🤣 And yes I agree a sign of a great club is people of all ages. After all many DJs are hitting 60 now. I recently went to the ‘king of the beats’ night an amazing breakbeat line up Stanton’s/plumps/krafts and the atmosphere was so friendly I felt so at home. It was my first proper club night after lockdown and was everything that I want from a club night. 

Sounds like you are going to love Glastonbury! It really is the BEST!

1 hour ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

I'm 38 and haven't been raving since Glastonbury 5 years ago, so I'm feeling a little anxious at this prospect. Only as old as you feel though eh?? 😁

Glastonbury is the perfect place to go raving tbh, age isnt a factor on the farm

6 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Did Parklife last year with @sjseabass and most of our usual Glastonbury crew, 24-32 so not old by any means. Even my little brother, the youngest, felt like an absolute fish out of water. We were at New Order there on the Friday and the difference was night and day. 

Not a bad time, but we’ll never go back.

I only went to Parklife once - maybe 2015? - and it would take something massive to get me to go back. Never felt threatened or anything but it just wasn't a good vibe. 

I'll give it to them though - they always pull off a pretty good lineup.