Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Thursday - EATS EVERYTHING PRESENTS HISTORY OF RAVE > Greg Wilson > Frankie Wah > Camelphat

Friday - TSHA > Denis Sulta > Bonobo > Four Tet > Chems > Overmono  > Client_03 (Cheers Ben!) > Cinthie

Saturday - Four Tet Morning > Luke Una > Carl Cox > Jon Hopkins > Daniel Avery > Jamie Jones > Solomun

Sunday - Haai > Saorise > Partyboi69 > Felix Dickinson 

If I see even half of that lot i'll be happy. Fuck I'm going to be busy...

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, kraken_89 said:

I'm a first timer here guys - what's the story with NYC Downlow? I'm hearing online there may be large queues to get in - forgive the stupid question but is it a big tent with controlled enterance?

I'm trying to decide which Four Tet set to see... i'm assuming they'll be quite similar? I'm leading towards The Park on Friday but the Arcadia lineup on Saturday looks decent. 

Yeah with NYC Downlow you're going to have to queue it's basically a club. Best bet is to go when it first opens and then you get back in later with re-entry. 

Four Tet on The Park is his live show so he'll just be playing his own tunes whilst his other sets he'll play different tunes and throw a few of his in.

15 minutes ago, Hank Hankinson said:

Yeah with NYC Downlow you're going to have to queue it's basically a club. Best bet is to go when it first opens and then you get back in later with re-entry. 

Four Tet on The Park is his live show so he'll just be playing his own tunes whilst his other sets he'll play different tunes and throw a few of his in.

thanks - do you mean you can skip the queue if you've already been in once that night? 

Thurs - glade for Marshall Jefferson & sasha or Icon for Ad shelton

Fri -  Chem bros at arcadia then stay around, or over to flying bus for richy ahmed

sat - artwork, JJ, Solomun

sun - floorplan & steffi after bicep

will make sure I take some pals who haven't been in before to see the temple as well at some point

Edited by Gwish123
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, kraken_89 said:

thanks - do you mean you can skip the queue if you've already been in once that night? 

I think there might be a separate smaller queue for re-entry. Last time I just walked straight in on the Sunday when there was a pretty big queue because I had been in previously that day.

Plan of attack so far...

Thursday: Riding the Low -> Giant Swan -> Franky Wah -> some of Camelphat -> Sama’ Abdulhadi

Friday: Bonobo -> Sama’ Abdulhadi -> Imogen -> Blawan b2b Lcy -> Natasia b2b Vtss  -> Fjaak

Saturday: Caribou -> B:rave-> Jon Hopkins (dj) -> Daniel Avery (being honest with myself though - Saturday is normally in bed before midnight so we'll see what happens :D)

Sunday: Maria Chiara Argiro -> Giant Swan/Bicep/Pet Shop Boys -> Regan -> Tristan

Open for any suggestions after 2am on Sunday though! Partiboi69 -> Batu i think would be the current plan but not sure how possible!

Edited by Kuj

My ambitious schedule:

Thurs - torn between the park (purple rave / Greg Wilson / Four Tet) and the Glade (Marshall Jefferson / Sasha / Stanton Warriors). Never been to Funkingham Palace before but I suspect it'll be packed out the door on a Thursday?

Fri - Four Tet, Midland, Overmono, Moxie & co.  

Sat - Macca, Optimo, Avalon Emerson, Joy Orbison, Warmduscher.  

Sun - PSB, HAAI, Job Jobse.  

All good in theory but I'm getting old (well, 38) so who knows what I'll manage. My hope is that the last four years of having kids will have prepared me well for functioning with sleep deprivation.

7 hours ago, Kuj said:

Plan of attack so far...

Thursday: Riding the Low -> Giant Swan -> Franky Wah -> some of Camelphat -> Sama’ Abdulhadi

Friday: Bonobo -> Sama’ Abdulhadi -> Imogen -> Blawan b2b Lcy -> Natasia b2b Vtss  -> Fjaak

Saturday: Caribou -> B:rave-> Jon Hopkins (dj) -> Daniel Avery (being honest with myself though - Saturday is normally in bed before midnight so we'll see what happens :D)

Sunday: Maria Chiara Argiro -> Giant Swan/Bicep/Pet Shop Boys -> Regan -> Tristan

Open for any suggestions after 2am on Sunday though! Partiboi69 -> Batu i think would be the current plan but not sure how possible!

I've got a lot of crossover with you there, @Kuj! And good to see someone else who's up for a bit of quality Sunday Psytrance! 

If you like high-quality electro (very possibly/likely all vinyl), then A-Future is Adam Shelton's electro incarnation and is a bit of a legend. He fits nicely with your Sunday plans, as he's on IICON at 0200h. My Sunday is Regan > Tristan > A-Future > Batu. So you can hang out with me all night 😆

Oh, and YES for Maria Chiara Argirò. Cannot wait to see her on Sunday afternoon. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ed90 said:

Similar first timer question to the above - which other areas in the SE Corner have limited capacity?  I assume the Temple does?  What are the queues like?

Yes, the Temple is limited, but it's pretty big - they increased the size and capacity a few years ago. At really popular times/artists, there can be quite a wait to get in. If you leave the headliners straight away/very slightly before they finish and head straight for the SEC, you'll be ok. At 3-4am, you'll be ok. If you hang around and have a matter/drink post-headliners and then head for the SEC, you might have to queue for a bit. But it doesn't have the same level of queues as the Downlow at peak times. 

Ben

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

My ambitious schedule:

Thurs - torn between the park (purple rave / Greg Wilson / Four Tet) and the Glade (Marshall Jefferson / Sasha / Stanton Warriors). Never been to Funkingham Palace before but I suspect it'll be packed out the door on a Thursday?

Fri - Four Tet, Midland, Overmono, Moxie & co.  

Sat - Macca, Optimo, Avalon Emerson, Joy Orbison, Warmduscher.  

Sun - PSB, HAAI, Job Jobse.  

All good in theory but I'm getting old (well, 38) so who knows what I'll manage. My hope is that the last four years of having kids will have prepared me well for functioning with sleep deprivation.

Funkingham Palace will be heaving on Thursday, getting in will be a mission. It’s the “secret” back part of the rabbit hole which you access via a “secret” tunnel (which has a 100m long queue of people at its entrance). You’d want to make sure you were there early. 

You can sometimes queue jump if you can do a magic trick or impress the staff some other way. There was a rumour a few years back you’d get in stat if you turned up with carrots with their tops on. I took a bag in 2019 but we never ventured there 😂 

8 hours ago, Kuj said:

Plan of attack so far...

Sherelle closing Icon mate. Jungle, footwork. All sorts. Gonna be one for the ages. 

Didn’t realise Batu was closing The Temple on Sunday. That’s a tough, tough choice. Have to see what we fancy doing on the night.

Edited by Tommy Dickfingers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

You can sometimes queue jump if you can do a magic trick or impress the staff some other way. There was a rumour a few years back you’d get in stat if you turned up with carrots with their tops on. I took a bag in 2019 but we never ventured there 😂 

We jumped the queue in 2019, not sure a carrot would have done the job that night though!

Does anyone have experience with Gas Tower? It looks like a pretty small venue to me with possibly only one entry point?

I'm planning on seeing Goldie x Medic MC there on Friday night at 20:00, would like to be at the front so will get there early if it's recommended. Cheers.

Just now, Tardigrade said:

Does anyone have experience with Gas Tower? It looks like a pretty small venue to me with possibly only one entry point?

I'm planning on seeing Goldie x Medic MC there on Friday night at 20:00, would like to be at the front so will get there early if it's recommended. Cheers.

I'm wondering if it's bigger this year as the calibre of acts booked seems to have stepped up!

I'd have thought that at 8pm you'd be able to get in though. I made it in last year during the post headliner rush when Bicep were billed. 

Really gutted I'm going to miss the Folamour set in there on the Saturday night personally. 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

I'm wondering if it's bigger this year as the calibre of acts booked seems to have stepped up!

I'd have thought that at 8pm you'd be able to get in though. I made it in last year during the post headliner rush when Bicep were billed. 

Really gutted I'm going to miss the Folamour set in there on the Saturday night personally. 

Certainly possible, as I understand it's essentially built from scratch out of pieces so increasing the size seems doable.

Thanks for the feedback I guess I shouldn't really be worried that early in the day. I'm just a massive fan boy for Goldie/Metalheadz and don't want to miss it! Will be trying to catch him at Rum Shack at 3am the same night too! 😁

22 minutes ago, Tardigrade said:

Gas Tower is an octagon, afaik it had at least two, maybe three entry points, the back of it sides are blocked off as that's where the DJ / VJ & Sound guys are, but the rest of the tower was just poles in the ground with open space between them.

image.jpeg.e83e03f7818f6aecd640bd29fe4784dc.jpeg

This is one entrance, on the left was definitely another entrance, unless my memory is very misleading.

Although as others have said, we have no idea if it will look any different this year. I wouldn't mind it being slightly bigger. 10-15%

52 minutes ago, Tardigrade said:

1 minute ago, Acid Loafers said:

Gas Tower is an octagon, afaik it had at least two, maybe three entry points, the back of it sides are blocked off as that's where the DJ / VJ & Sound guys are, but the rest of the tower was just poles in the ground with open space between them.

image.jpeg.e83e03f7818f6aecd640bd29fe4784dc.jpeg

This is one entrance, on the left was definitely another entrance, unless my memory is very misleading.

Although as others have said, we have no idea if it will look any different this year. I wouldn't mind it being slightly bigger. 10-15%

Yeah there was multiple entry points, but all from the same side. 

The back of the gas tower, where the DJ booth is, doesn't have access.

There'll be no issue getting in at 8pm, in fact I'd imagine there'd only be a handful of people there. 

First timer here, this is my current plan but I have no idea if it's realistic with the distances between stages / queues etc so any opinions on that would be much appreciated!

Thursday: Marshall Jefferson > Sasha > Jennifer Cardini > Camelphat

Friday: Hopkins > Midland/Chem Bros > Overmono > Honey Dijon

Saturday: Macca > Folamour > Avalon Emerson > Solomun

Sunday: PSB > Prospa > Job Jobse > TBAs

On 6/7/2022 at 4:10 PM, bennyhana22 said:

It's definitely a new stage, AFAIK.

The named stages in Shangri-La have changed, so it's conceivably a refashioned version of a previous one, but there's never been a 'Platform 23' before.

I'm super excited, as one of my must-sees, Client_03 - 0300-0400h Friday is on there, so can't wait to see it.

Ben

Ah nice, I only just realised they've moved earlier (was initially told 5am) - should be able to make that now 🙌

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Green Croc said:

First timer here, this is my current plan but I have no idea if it's realistic with the distances between stages / queues etc so any opinions on that would be much appreciated!

There's a more up to date version of this somewhere, with different times for different weather conditions etc, but this is a handy rough guide:

Bo0ttLgCMAA4qf9.jpg

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Green Croc said:

I'd day the Chem Bros into Overmono may be tricky. 

Not impossible, but tricky.

In terms of distance, you can get from Arcadia to Iicon in 30 mins, it's just majorly dependent upon conditions/footfall/traffic. 

I also want to do both, but will more than likely see Little Simz on WH, so tbh makes more sense for me to go straight into the SEC post headliner and get a good spot. 

3 hours ago, Tardigrade said:

If anything it’ll be a bit too quiet

15 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I'd day the Chem Bros into Overmono may be tricky. 

Not impossible, but tricky.

In terms of distance, you can get from Arcadia to Iicon in 30 mins, it's just majorly dependent upon conditions/footfall/traffic. 

I also want to do both, but will more than likely see Little Simz on WH, so tbh makes more sense for me to go straight into the SEC post headliner and get a good spot. 

Yep that was the one I'm probably most worried about, my initial plan before I heard it was Chem Bros was Primal Scream > Midland > Overmono so I might have to revert back to that. My group will take some convincing though