Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

34 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think distance wise its completely fine, but the SE corner queue will cause issues at that time.

Yeah, I'm pretty stressed about Four Tet -> Overmono and may just have a night at Arcadia instead. 

Edit: Part of that is convincing my mate's we can make it as well! 

Edited by zeppelin

46 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think distance wise its completely fine, but the SE corner queue will cause issues at that time.

Yeh its a tough one. I am hoping because the after hours lineup is so strong, the SEC may be less busy than usual and it will be fine.  Also thinking of leaving Chems early...

6 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Yeh its a tough one. I am hoping because the after hours lineup is so strong, the SEC may be less busy than usual and it will be fine.  Also thinking of leaving Chems early...

If word properly gets out about chems a good amount of people will be there i'm sure and then we just have to beat them to the SE corner!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Thanks, @ravermum

I'm now constantly vacillating between JH/DA and FloPo in my mind. Argh. The former works really well because:

-I'll be at Macca, so easy to get up to San Remo
- I've never done night sets at BH/San Remo
- The timing works really well for me, as I'd go to Joy O and then Pangaea/Pariah after that
- If I go to FloPo I'll have a gap between him and Joy O, and I don't like to 'stop', once I'm raving!

Alternatively, 90 minutes of FloPo on IICON would be something pretty special! Argh!

Ben 

I hear you. Well whatever you do, either option is going to be amazing, so it’s a fabulous rock and a brilliant hard place you're between, which will ultimately work out whichever way you jump

• Upvote 1

Keep calm team ... don't be leaving sets early just to get in the SEC. There won't be major queues to get in and IICON is huge and swallows a large crowd.

The only queues are at the venues such as Downlow (now that's a queue) and The Temple (busy but tends to move quickly, more so around the back).

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Anyone know what sort of style the Job Jobse and Palm Trax set will be? I've been canning Job's Essential Mix and Sunset set Nachtdigital. He's prob my favourite newish DJ.

Any ideas?

I’d say very similar to that set. Maybe not as good as it’s a real personal favourite of mine. Check this one out from Palms Trax as well I was there for this. 

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/MUsFfae1ncta1pjV8

• Upvote 1

Nope I agree. I would have loved Dusky. Chem DJ sets are a bit meh.

39 minutes ago, e_p said:

Am I the only person disappointed with chemical brothers (again) at Arcadia secret slot? 

Edited by rgalbraith

43 minutes ago, e_p said:

Am I the only person disappointed with chemical brothers (again) at Arcadia secret slot? 

I'm not disappointed, but I'm pretty much entirely indifferent, if I'm honest. However, it'll be massive, draw a huge crowd, and will be enormously positive, so all good. And will make getting into the SEC somewhat easier. 

Ben

• Upvote 2

I'm planning on checking out a bit more electronic stuff this year to branch out my interests a bit + going with people who are more into that stuff.

Was just wondering, when artists like Calvin Harris & Chems (2 my partner is particularly interested in seeing) do DJ sets, do they just play a load of their own bangers or is it more just playing various stuff of their own chosing?

32 minutes ago, banananey said:

I'm planning on checking out a bit more electronic stuff this year to branch out my interests a bit + going with people who are more into that stuff.

Was just wondering, when artists like Calvin Harris & Chems (2 my partner is particularly interested in seeing) do DJ sets, do they just play a load of their own bangers or is it more just playing various stuff of their own chosing?

I’d say those two in particular will do a mix of their tunes and other tunes. 

12 minutes ago, Zig-A-Zig-Ah said:

The spreadsheet been really helpful thanks people, helped enormously.

Long shot, but any recommendations for a Purple Disco Machine type equivalent for my other half?

Maybe not exactly in the same style as PDM but Folamour is the go-to for disco-related business this year

• Thanks 1

OK …. here’s my old-man plan, as it stands. 

Thursday

This is Bimble ‘n’ beers day, so it’s generally a bit random and also certain venues are often rammed.

System 7 > bimbling > Giant Swan > Danielle & Hodge > Sama Abdulhadi.

Friday

Four Tet > Temple for Blawan, Nastia, FJAAK > Mr Bruce

Saturday

Jopkins > Daniel Avery > Mandidextrous (!) > Pangea & Pariah

Sunday

A bit of Arcadia > Steffi > A-Future > Batu > Ped Gate A for a coach

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Maybe not exactly in the same style as PDM but Folamour is the go-to for disco-related business this year

I forgot to mention Midland in my stupidly long post. He plays house but a bit of disco thrown in...I think. 

On the disco/House note, any chance of a secret set from Daphni? He's already at the festival for starters

4 minutes ago, Fishman said:

OK …. here’s my old-man plan, as it stands. 

Thursday

This is Bimble ‘n’ beers day, so it’s generally a bit random and also certain venues are often rammed.

System 7 > bimbling > Giant Swan > Danielle & Hodge > Sama Abdulhadi.

Friday

Four Tet > Temple for Blawan, Nastia, FJAAK > Mr Bruce

Saturday

Jopkins > Daniel Avery > Mandidextrous (!) > Pangea & Pariah

Sunday

A bit of Arcadia > Steffi > A-Future > Batu > Ped Gate A for a coach

That's excellent! See you in those fields, @Fishman

Ben
x

Thursday

Giant Swan > Talaboman

Friday

Bonobo > Four Tet > Jon Hopkins > Blawan B2B LCY

Saturday 

Ross From Friends / Caribou > HAAi > Bonobo (DJ) > Floating Points > Joy Orbison > Pangaea x Pariah

(still umming and ahhing over whether to stay at San Remo for Jon Hopkins > Daniel Avery)

Sunday

Ross From Friends (DJ) > Daniel Avery b2b VTSS

Right putting my marker down (there 'might' be a few clashes, this is my first pass wishlist):

Weds - bimbling

Thurs - haai > camelphat > four tet (not sure how that's gonna work

Fri - Eclair Fifi > hotchip > erm bonobo and fatboy slim > John Hopkins > four tet > John Digweed > Cox and chase and status B2B

Sat - Coxy and Eric Powell > Ross from friends > the egg > Haai > bonobo > four tet AND calvin harris > Fatboy slim > John Hopkins

I realise my Clashfinder needs more work 😁

(also open to ideas).

Edited by Tom White

On 6/3/2022 at 11:45 AM, Dan Eazy said:

Right, I hope its ok, but I have taken your recommendations and comments and added to 'The Spreadsheet' 🙂

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ef64jsnmwcUxLSEuibH6UOjBTaMdlqW6lBNWzJWG1P4/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to add/alter anything I misunderstood.

Cheers

Dan

Hi guys - i can add a few DJs onto this list. 

EZ - the most influential UK Garage DJ of all time. Literally a UK legend. Very high energy UK garage / Bass / House type stuff.  Playing Arcadia Saturday @ 22:00

Skream - Pioneer of Dubstep back in the late 2000s. He's playing a Garage set on Thursday at Stonebridge Bar 00:00

Conducta - New school UKG DJ. Will play UKG and other types of UK bass music. Playing on Thursday at Firmly Rooted at 20:00

MPH - similar to above. High energy bass music. Playing Sunday @ 03:00 at the Rum Shack 

• Thanks 2

I'm a first timer here guys - what's the story with NYC Downlow? I'm hearing online there may be large queues to get in - forgive the stupid question but is it a big tent with controlled enterance?

I'm trying to decide which Four Tet set to see... i'm assuming they'll be quite similar? I'm leading towards The Park on Friday but the Arcadia lineup on Saturday looks decent.