Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

37 minutes ago, nikkic said:

The set up for Wide Awake was ramped up a bit from the Brixton shows last year, but they can still do loads more with it. 

They also need to drop the last two tracks being an “encore”.

Zero logic in building everything to a big crescendo, only to stop for 5 mins. Just doesn’t work with electronic music. 

Wide awake in photos actually looks pretty scaled down to me compared to their larger setups

If you see this (wide awake)

image.png.495afe5a152c70c8a2d71103bed3a2e1.png

Compared to this (Love saves the day)

image.png.e02cea02e8a0345f43feb365128d60f8.png

I'm not sure the height of the WH stage, but would it fit the bottom picture's setup?

42 minutes ago, nikkic said:

They also need to drop the last two tracks being an “encore”.

Zero logic in building everything to a big crescendo, only to stop for 5 mins. Just doesn’t work with electronic music. 

Glastonbury have so little flexibility with time that it’d be madness

16 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Glastonbury have so little flexibility with time that it’d be madness

Except that they're the last act on WH that day, so Bicep could easily build a proper encore into their allotted time, with a brief break off stage.

I dearly hope that they do not!

Ben

On 5/31/2022 at 9:44 PM, Beaver89 said:

I'm keen to see HAAi but am a bit afraid it may be a DJ set like Romy before her. Does anyone know what type of set she is likely to be doing?

I note that Ross From Friends and those two are in the same order on Sonic (Sat) and San Remo (Sun). I'm guessing the Sonic slots are live and the ones on San Remo are DJ?

Any takes?

That’s what I’m thinking/hoping for - live set on Sonic with the other two being DJ sets. 

On 5/31/2022 at 9:30 PM, Aries said:

Anyone else facing the dilemma between Floating Points & Daniel Avery on the Saturday night? 

I’ll be heading to one of them from Four Tet at the spider but can’t make my mind up. I’ll be at IICON the night before for Overmono so might be nice to check out San Remo, but then I’ve seen Avery before and not floating points…decisions decisions 😄

Same predicament for me. Daniel Avery is guaranteed to be good. I haven’t had a chance to see Floating Points before so I’m not sure what his set will be like.

15 hours ago, TownesMR said:

Wide awake in photos actually looks pretty scaled down to me compared to their larger setups

I'm not sure the height of the WH stage, but would it fit the bottom picture's setup?

Yeah there’s deffo a big difference there.

At Wide Awake there was a lot of lasers, which weren’t really a big part of the Brixton show. 

You’d imagine WH is loads bigger than the Love Says The Day stage so production has the chance to be their best yet. 

On 6/3/2022 at 2:10 PM, TownesMR said:

Do y'all think the West Holts stage will fit Bicep's full setup? Seen videos from different festivals (wide awake) where their set up is scaled back a bit compared to last night (Love saves the day fest).

I saw bicep at Wilderness last year on a stage very similar to West Holts and it was more or less identical to the Wide Awake set-up. Guessing it will be very similar to Glasto. I was pretty shocked to see they were on West Holts! 

From the official site's West Holts page"

"Bicep are bringing the most spectacular production we’ve ever hosted and will pull off a closing party to remember."

It's gonna be the full beans.

• Like 2

Ok so I'm 50 now and not up to date with almost all the djs playing this year, would anyone be kind enough to give some recommendations from the line up based on my taste.  Back in the 90s for me it was mainly techno/trance with a bit of hard house as well.  Examples of stuff I enjoy include Underworld/Orbital/LCD sound system/Chemical Brothers/Hardfloor/Justice/Jon Hopkins/Deadmau5 (his more traditional stuff)/George FitzGerald.  Always a sucker for anything with a 303 acid bassline as well.  Want to try and plan one day/night around glade/Arcadia/se corner but always seem to end up somewhere a little too drum and bassy for my taste.  Although to be fair I do like drum and bass as well!

On 5/31/2022 at 9:44 PM, Beaver89 said:

I'm keen to see HAAi but am a bit afraid it may be a DJ set like Romy before her. Does anyone know what type of set she is likely to be doing?

I note that Ross From Friends and those two are in the same order on Sonic (Sat) and San Remo (Sun). I'm guessing the Sonic slots are live and the ones on San Remo are DJ?

Any takes?

On 5/31/2022 at 10:55 PM, Ed90 said:

I'm 99% certain all Haai's performances will be dj sets. She used to be in a band, but as an electronic artist I'm not aware of her having done anything other than dj (which she is very very good at). She has got an album coming out and is, I think, working on a live setup, so there's an outside chance she might partly trial it for one of her Glasto slots. She's basically my neighbour so I'll ask her the next time I see her in the Co-op.

(She does play a fair amount of her own stuff in her dj sets though if that's any consolation).

I messaged HAAi on Instagram asking if any of her sets will be live and she came back with this.

IMG_1490.jpeg

51 minutes ago, rebus said:

Ok so I'm 50 now and not up to date with almost all the djs playing this year, would anyone be kind enough to give some recommendations from the line up based on my taste.  Back in the 90s for me it was mainly techno/trance with a bit of hard house as well.  Examples of stuff I enjoy include Underworld/Orbital/LCD sound system/Chemical Brothers/Hardfloor/Justice/Jon Hopkins/Deadmau5 (his more traditional stuff)/George FitzGerald.  Always a sucker for anything with a 303 acid bassline as well.  Want to try and plan one day/night around glade/Arcadia/se corner but always seem to end up somewhere a little too drum and bassy for my taste.  Although to be fair I do like drum and bass as well!

Friday night on Arcadia, Jon Hopkins into the TBA, which is presumed to be Chemical Brothers. 

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Friday night on Arcadia, Jon Hopkins into the TBA, which is presumed to be Chemical Brothers. 

That does sound very tempting and Friday night so far for me is looking like good night to forego the main stages.  Caught Jon Hopkins last time at both BBC introducing dj set and West Holt's headline.  Love his stuff, worry slightly with dragging others along as some might find his stuff a little more challenging.  Chemicals bound to please all if its them.  Never been to a set at Arcadia but doing so during headline time seems like a good idea.

18 minutes ago, rebus said:

That does sound very tempting and Friday night so far for me is looking like good night to forego the main stages.  Caught Jon Hopkins last time at both BBC introducing dj set and West Holt's headline.  Love his stuff, worry slightly with dragging others along as some might find his stuff a little more challenging.  Chemicals bound to please all if its them.  Never been to a set at Arcadia but doing so during headline time seems like a good idea.

Production wise it’s probably my favourite area of the festival, always a good “show” to go with the tunes. 

You also have the option of Four Tet at The Park if you’re not feeling Arcadia. 

21 minutes ago, rebus said:

The Arcadia set is DJ, not live, so he'll almost certainly play an hour of techno that will please anyone who likes quality techno! 

Ben

Yeah I think Jon Hopkins is gonna be a must see for me.  Four Tet and indeed Bicep on the Sunday are ones who seem to be well thought of but I don't really know them.  It was the same for me with Justice when they finished off West Holt's fairly recently, hadn't even heard of them before the festival but can't bare the thought now of not seeing them and are now always part of my listening.  Panic now starting to set in with required research time for acts (dance and everything else!).  3 year break has made it even harder.  I use Glastonbury partly as my yearly anti "losing my edge" tool!

On 6/3/2022 at 4:01 PM, TownesMR said:

The second one looks like Brixton's setup to me. From wide awake there was also this cool picture of their insta of a mist setup

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeIsOfBgC6Z/?hl=en

hope we get this, looks awesome!

16 hours ago, joeruss said:

Dixon is no longer showing on the lineup, he was listed on the Gas Tower but nowhere to be found now unfortunately!

Well spotted, they've even filled the gap. Looks like Bitvert got added in & TSHA bumped up to Dixon's slot on Friday (comparing glasto site to Clashfinder which hasn't updated yet to reflect these changes)

I fear this isn't the end of the drop-outs & last minute changes. Noticed quite a few times over this weekend, handfuls of DJs missing flights & having to cancel shows performances. Stages getting re-arranged lineups last minute. Wouldn't be surprised if similar things happen over the glasto weekend. Only thing is, not gonna be on my phone watching instagram stories, so not gonna find out until I show up & someone else is playing 😬 🤞

44 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Well spotted, they've even filled the gap. Looks like Bitvert got added in & TSHA bumped up to Dixon's slot on Friday (comparing glasto site to Clashfinder which hasn't updated yet to reflect these changes)

I fear this isn't the end of the drop-outs & last minute changes. Noticed quite a few times over this weekend, handfuls of DJs missing flights & having to cancel shows performances. Stages getting re-arranged lineups last minute. Wouldn't be surprised if similar things happen over the glasto weekend. Only thing is, not gonna be on my phone watching instagram stories, so not gonna find out until I show up & someone else is playing 😬 🤞

If I remember correct Seinfeld pulled out from Beat hotel at the last minute in 2019, his replacement was garbage. 

Annoyingly his name was still on the boards outside so tons of people were turning up expecting him.