Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Same is true, obviously, for any foray into the SEC with that pesky Park headliner late finish.

As it stands, my Friday night is:

From Four Tet on Park:
?Something on Arcadia - need to see the two acts before Coxy/C&S
Overmono (IICON)
FJAAK (Temple) if I can get in comfortably (in no way a given or Client_03 on Platform 23
LSDXOXO (IICON)
Probably Freakenstein (IICON)

Ben

Mmmmmm... I have tix for Overmono later in the year, so that's a pass and LSDXOXO clashes with FJAAK.

Ooh, decisions, decisions.

6 minutes ago, mike86 said:

I thought that too. Originally had him down for one of the big Thursday spots. 

4-6am is mental. 

I'm more concerned from that flyer he is suppose to be in Italy on the Saturday until midnight and Ibiza on the Sunday night.  Surely he isnt flying by private jet from Italy in about 4 hours?

image.thumb.png.7389719d6bc087d07201d71efe16740e.png

1 hour ago, Fishman said:

Erm, yes. Isn't that what it says?

It's become a bit of a regular thing. Very chilled.

Went to the last one and definitely wasn’t very chilled! Certainly wasn’t peak time pumpers but played a lot of his own 4 to the floor productions and played Oni Ayhun towards the end. Absolute bliss!

9 minutes ago, frozenfish said:

Went to the last one and definitely wasn’t very chilled! Certainly wasn’t peak time pumpers but played a lot of his own 4 to the floor productions and played Oni Ayhun towards the end. Absolute bliss!

Usually first 30 mins is v chilled then he picks it up. Been fantastic the last few times, one of the weekend highlights. 

14 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

I'm more concerned from that flyer he is suppose to be in Italy on the Saturday until midnight and Ibiza on the Sunday night.  Surely he isnt flying by private jet from Italy in about 4 hours?

Who wouldn't want to do a 7 hour set, jump on a plane to spend 2 hours in a muddy field before heading straight back to Ibiza? 

Hopefully the timings are wrong. 

20 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

Probably all easily done with a private jet no? 

Probably wont play Pacha till about 2am on the Sunday/Monday morning. 

9 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

Greenpeace stage has a few sneakys on it. Mella Dee, Plump DJ’s and Roger Sanchez to name a few more DJ’s in an absolute melting pot already is across the site. Stacked this year it really is. 

Yeah I just spotted Roger Sanchez. Plenty of electronica to go at this year for me.

What are people thinking post-headliners on Sunday night?

I'm a bit thin on the ground, but that may be a good thing; I have a history of going too hard on the final stretch and making the journey home very difficult for myself.

Worst comes to worst, Maribou State into Elvana and a final wander around would keep me entertained.

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

What are people thinking post-headliners on Sunday night?

I'm a bit thin on the ground, but that may be a good thing; I have a history of going too hard on the final stretch and making the journey home very difficult for myself.

Worst comes to worst, Maribou State into Elvana and a final wander around would keep me entertained.

HAAi > Job Jobse on some new stage called San Remo? Is the beat hotel replacement?

What are people saying for the missing slots on Arcadia? If we assume Nina is gone completely, I think they'll want a female DJ to replace her. 

It's unlikely but Peggy Gou is in Europe and free during the Saturday and Sunday of the festival (in Spain on the friday), I wonder if they could bring someone like her in? Equally, Nervo gets back from the US to start her European tour the weekend before. Finally, Amelie Lens is still mysteriously missing, you have to assume she's pulled out for some reason but she could easily be a secret set.  

6 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

HAAi > Job Jobse on some new stage called San Remo? Is the beat hotel replacement?

Yup, that is definitely under consideration. And it is the Beat Hotel replacement

Just typical that the one night I'm going to finish at West Holts and there's not much SEC that's grabbing my attention!

1 minute ago, BrimfulOfAsha said:

Anyone been to see a DJ set by Jon Hopkins? I was blown away by him when he headlined West Holts previously. Is it a bit more chilled or upbeat? 

I've seen him live twice and I saw one of his DJ sets before and he played a lot of his own stuff. That might have been because a lot of his gear didn't arrive so he couldn't do a full live set, I wouldn't say it was more chilled it was pretty ravy.

17 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

What are people saying for the missing slots on Arcadia?

I don’t post much on here but always watching and whats happened to the Aphex Twin rumour? Or The Chemical brothers? 

Seen someone seem quite certain of this a wee bit ago. 

Edited by TaylorT

3 hours ago, rgalbraith said:

Interesting RE Camelphat potential Saturday slot. Makes the quandary with Nick Warren at Rabbit Hole even harder or easier depending. They've errored naming Calvin Harris at Arcadia and as you say it will be rammed. Let me know if you find any more potential prog stuff 🙂  cheers

I will do. 

They mentioned two sets on Twitter themselves. I asked earlier today if they can announce the Saturday and they didn’t reply, but they did like my tweet last week when I asked if the Saturday will be Arcadia. Not sure whether to read anything into that. 

2 hours ago, Fishman said:

Which one out of the Rabbit Hole and Funkingham Palace is the one with queue and which is the tent?

We saw Nick Warren in Funkingham Palace in 2017 but we headed there earlier in the evening and there wasnt a queue at that time. Think it was on one of the main days of the festival also. So I have no idea! We did have to go through a tunnel though

1 hour ago, BrimfulOfAsha said:

Anyone been to see a DJ set by Jon Hopkins? I was blown away by him when he headlined West Holts previously. Is it a bit more chilled or upbeat? 

2017 Arcadia Spider - one of the best techno sets I've ever seen. A faultless 90 minutes with Open Eye Signal dropped at exactly the half-way point. He has referred to it as one of his favourite ever DJ sets. 

Ben