Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

8 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

100%. Glade Thursday is amazing. Gutted Nick Warren is on same time as Camelphat and looks like his only set apart from the downtempo Daddy G one) 😞 Also I was really hoping for Digweed on Thurs or Saturday as well somewhere. At my age I need to at least sleep on Friday night otherwise these days I'd be totally ruined physically and mentally 😉 

Disappointing lack of breaks these days.. I know Franky Wah and Sasha sometimes plays a version of breaks.

I'm a bit out of touch - anyone know where any other breaks playing. I see Plump DJs at a Greenpeace stage peak Saturday randomly......

On Saturday torn between hanging around Sonic for Overmono then San Remo (Bonobo/Hopkins/Avery) or heading up early to Plump DJs on way to  IICON and Gas Tower which will no doubt be more spectacular visually. Trouble is I dont really know the acts at IICON Saturday and whether I'd like them.

Anyone else very disappointed by Arcadia Saturday? I've had some of my defining moments there over the years. I like Kurupt FM as a TV show but peak time Saturday??? Also What will Four Tet at Arcadia be like? Most of his albums a pretty mellow and to me doesn't suit The Spider - or will he "bring it"? Fingers crossed for a decent peak time Arcadia Friday slots.

Unrelated (although maybe not) correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the first EVER time Chemical Brothers haven't appeared in either Live or DJ slot of some description in all my years..... 

Is breaks same as break beat? If so Saturday at blind Tiger

8 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

100%. Glade Thursday is amazing. Gutted Nick Warren is on same time as Camelphat and looks like his only set apart from the downtempo Daddy G one) 😞 Also I was really hoping for Digweed on Thurs or Saturday as well somewhere. At my age I need to at least sleep on Friday night otherwise these days I'd be totally ruined physically and mentally 😉 

Disappointing lack of breaks these days.. I know Franky Wah and Sasha sometimes plays a version of breaks.

I'm a bit out of touch - anyone know where any other breaks playing. I see Plump DJs at a Greenpeace stage peak Saturday randomly......

On Saturday torn between hanging around Sonic for Overmono then San Remo (Bonobo/Hopkins/Avery) or heading up early to Plump DJs on way to  IICON and Gas Tower which will no doubt be more spectacular visually. Trouble is I dont really know the acts at IICON Saturday and whether I'd like them.

Anyone else very disappointed by Arcadia Saturday? I've had some of my defining moments there over the years. I like Kurupt FM as a TV show but peak time Saturday??? Also What will Four Tet at Arcadia be like? Most of his albums a pretty mellow and to me doesn't suit The Spider - or will he "bring it"? Fingers crossed for a decent peak time Arcadia Friday slots.

Unrelated (although maybe not) correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the first EVER time Chemical Brothers haven't appeared in either Live or DJ slot of some description in all my years..... 

Sounds like we have similar tastes. I’ll be at a bit of a loose end on Saturday… Camelphat said they’re closing Glade on Thursday AND a tba set on the Saturday, but they’re only listed once. I was hoping for an Arcadia appearance and they could do the 2-3 slot after Calvin Harris - but it will be absolutely rammed for him and I really don’t see the point in 1 hour sets, especially trying to get a decent spot for it after one of the most popular names on the entire lineup finishes.

On the other hand a stroll around SE corner is a chance to stumble across someone new on the off chance there’s something proggy going on somewhere. 

Jamie T is my fallback option for that night.

37 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Excuse my ignorance, it is my first Glasto. Where should I go if I'm looking for house music? Also, will it be really hard to get into Overmono at IICON if I watch all of Primal Scream, then head over? Thanks!

NYC Downlow is your best bet but you'll find a fair bit on Genosys Soundsystem and across Silver Hayes and at San Remo too. You should have no problem getting into IICON as it's giant but you might have to queue for a bit initially. 

22 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Is breaks same as break beat? If so Saturday at blind Tiger

Now there is a question! Yes and No 🙂

Thanks. I'll try to check out Blind Tiger - who did you have in mind?

I guess these days I lean to the the more proggy breaks side (Way Out West/Hybrid/Adam Freeland/Evil 9/Meat Katie etc) rather than the more higher BPM breakbeat - although I do also come from the dark intense D'n'B sound (Ed Rush/Optical/Bad Company) which has also fallen away to leave the more liquid style.

19 minutes ago, Spencer23 said:

Can’t believe they’ve booked solomun this year great booking even better that he’s after Jamie Jones 

I know Glastonbury never sleeps but 4-6am is a hardcore slot even with stimulants of varying degrees of potency.

37 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Sounds like we have similar tastes. I’ll be at a bit of a loose end on Saturday… Camelphat said they’re closing Glade on Thursday AND a tba set on the Saturday, but they’re only listed once. I was hoping for an Arcadia appearance and they could do the 2-3 slot after Calvin Harris - but it will be absolutely rammed for him and I really don’t see the point in 1 hour sets, especially trying to get a decent spot for it after one of the most popular names on the entire lineup finishes.

On the other hand a stroll around SE corner is a chance to stumble across someone new on the off chance there’s something proggy going on somewhere. 

Jamie T is my fallback option for that night.

Interesting RE Camelphat potential Saturday slot. Makes the quandary with Nick Warren at Rabbit Hole even harder or easier depending. They've errored naming Calvin Harris at Arcadia and as you say it will be rammed. Let me know if you find any more potential prog stuff 🙂  cheers

1 minute ago, TownesMR said:

image.png.77e246cc4b12cdb6bf7fe573f55c5d8e.png

Does anyone know what this means? Is it a 4T DJ set in the morning?

Refers to his Morning/Evening LP from 2015. Exactly what that means in terms of what he'll play, I don't know, but he's played Stonebridge early in the day before, so just a neat titling. I'm sure he'll be DJing, rather than live, and playing so many sets you'd think this will be different to any of the others in style etc.

Anyone seen him before early in the day in Stonebridge?

Ben

1 minute ago, TownesMR said:

image.png.77e246cc4b12cdb6bf7fe573f55c5d8e.png

Does anyone know what this means? Is it a 4T DJ set in the morning?

Yeah, it's Four Tet DJing at Stonebridge at 11:00.

He does it almost every year. Basically a Glasto tradition at this point.

Probably the chillest set of his you could catch.

Alright please lead me to the light. the type of edm i like is things like Sofia Koretisis, Fred Again,  TSHA, prospa, haai. i like stuff thats a bit more commericial , euphoric kinda happier ish vibes. not like the hardcore stuff which stresses me out. any body thats on in the late night you can pioint me towards? Thanks in advance!

Edited by TiZuff

Bit of a pain that Nick Warren is on at the Rabbit Hole right after Sasha and Franky Wah in the Glade. Going to have to hot foot it over there and hope it doesn't take too long to get in. Would have liked to have seen Camelphat but Nick Warren wins. Going to be a great Thursday night 

26 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

Bit of a pain that Nick Warren is on at the Rabbit Hole right after Sasha and Franky Wah in the Glade. Going to have to hot foot it over there and hope it doesn't take too long to get in. 

Which one out of the Rabbit Hole and Funkingham Palace is the one with queue and which is the tent?

40 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

Bit of a pain that Nick Warren is on at the Rabbit Hole right after Sasha and Franky Wah in the Glade. Going to have to hot foot it over there and hope it doesn't take too long to get in. Would have liked to have seen Camelphat but Nick Warren wins. Going to be a great Thursday night 

More than a bit. Sasha and Franky Wah will be great shame no John Digweed for the full set. Although some other poster on here said Camelphat broadcast one time that they might be playing Saturday as well somewhere as yet undisclosed. Tough call. Seen Nick Warren more than anyone else at Glastonbury - legend and always great - but never seen Camelphat before.

Edited by rgalbraith

17 minutes ago, Fishman said:

OK, so the question is ....

Is Friday night Temple night? If so, does that rule out 4Tet on the Park? Does it finish too late and I'm then wasting valuable time in the Temple queue?

Same is true, obviously, for any foray into the SEC with that pesky Park headliner late finish.

As it stands, my Friday night is:

From Four Tet on Park:
?Something on Arcadia - need to see the two acts before Coxy/C&S
Overmono (IICON)
FJAAK (Temple) if I can get in comfortably (in no way a given or Client_03 on Platform 23
LSDXOXO (IICON)
Probably Freakenstein (IICON)

Ben