Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, Brad2434 said:

Who on earth would you have put on the Glastonbury line up this year that isn’t on in terms of electronic/dance? It’s absolutely stacked

NYC downlow usually have some house dons like Masters at Work or Roger Sanchez. Genosys some techno big names… Maybe i just don’t know the names…

6 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

NYC downlow usually have some house dons like Masters at Work or Roger Sanchez. Genosys some techno big names… Maybe i just don’t know the names…

Floorplan, Todd Edwards, Prosumer are legends. Check out Cinthie if you haven’t heard of her in terms of house she’s amazing. Her boiler room from Berlin is one of my favourites. Then there’s SASS (saoirse, moxie, peach & shanti Celeste) who will be one of the highlights on Genosys I think. Midland, horse meat disco in nyc downlow is always a party if you can get in 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Brad2434 said:

Floorplan, Todd Edwards, Prosumer are legends. Check out Cinthie if you haven’t heard of her in terms of house she’s amazing. Her boiler room from Berlin is one of my favourites. Then there’s SASS (saoirse, moxie, peach & shanti Celeste) who will be one of the highlights on Genosys I think. Midland, horse meat disco in nyc downlow is always a party if you can get in 

I probably just have some homework to do - shame they’ve only given me three weeks though 😂 

15 minutes ago, Brad2434 said:

Who on earth would you have put on the Glastonbury line up this year that isn’t on in terms of electronic/dance? It’s absolutely stacked

Not enough techno for me. I wanted Cirez D somewhere, but that is a pipe dream.

Would have liked a few of... DJ Rush, ANNA, Ben Klock, Enrico Sanguiliano, Kolsch, I hate Models, Len Faki, Reinier Zonneveld.

But I am not complaining too much.

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Would have liked a few of... DJ Rush, ANNA, Ben Klock, Enrico Sanguiliano, Kolsch, I hate Models, Len Faki, Reinier Zonneveld.

Yeah some Drumcode artists would’ve been nice. Maybe too expensive though

6 minutes ago, CJL9494 said:

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/22/220527a.shtml

Overmono and Floorplan confirmed to be on IICON here.

Nice to see Cinthie on Genosys also so I don't have to queue to see her...

Yep just seen this. Overmono on IICON is gonna be sick! Hope that’s a late night thing and not clashing with headliners or something dumb. 

IICON has a more casual friendly booking policy this year it seems, no doubt in the hopes of filling that field more often. 

39 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Yeah fair enough if it’s techno you’re after. I’ve never really thought of Glasto ever being techno heavy though

31 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Would love to catch Honey Dijon but no doubt she’ll be playing NYC Downlow, no way I’m queueing 3 hours to get in there.

I can’t see that NYC Downlow is the only place she’ll play, for that reason. I mean, perfect vibes for it but way too big and popular.

36 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Todd the God! Hello. No Harvey but I guess was always a pipe dream.

Parriah an Pangea playing but not mention of Ben UFO or Pearson Sound anywhere on the festival. I don’t think I’ve been a Glastonbury Hessle Audio didn’t all play at. Plenty on that line up to keep me happy. 

Kind of odd he isnt somewhere since he is in London the week before.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Twiggy553 said:

Yeah some Drumcode artists would’ve been nice. Maybe too expensive though

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Drumcode artist at Block 9. It’s an LGBTQ+ part of Glastonbury - white male business techno isn’t on the agenda, and for good reason 🙏

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Awww, Fuzzy, there's plenty of good techno there! Steffi, Pangea x Pariah (should be off the scale), Sedef Adasi (check her out, she's phenomenal), Partok (French genius).

I know that you like the more melodic, 'intelligent' side of techno too, and these guys should deliver in spades. I'm already terrified of the nighttime clashes that I'll inevitably face across the site.

For electro fans, Adam Shelton's incarnation as A-Future is a must-see. There's good electro elsewhere on site too, with Client_03 in Shangri-La, Yussh in Silver Hayes etc.

Honestly, team, it's gonna be clash carnage.

Ben 

1 hour ago, frozenfish said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Drumcode artist at Block 9. It’s an LGBTQ+ part of Glastonbury - white male business techno isn’t on the agenda, and for good reason 🙏

Agreed. Beyer and his crew are good for Arcadia, and maybe an occasional Genosys slot, but I love how Block9 take us away from what you can see up and down the country every week.

And, IMOGEN is playing in The Common, for Drumcode devotees.

Ben

2 hours ago, frozenfish said:

No I don’t think they have either. But i don’t agree they’re not popular with the queer crowd though- regularly booked for nights such as Berghain in Berlin. Maybe would attract a certain agro crowd to Block9 though.

Edited by Twiggy553

57 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I love how Block9 take us away from what you can see up and down the country every week.

What i wouldn’t give to be able to see anyone up and down the country every week 😂 (father of 3yo and a 4mo)

• Upvote 1