Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

So, E&D… standing by your beds for Block9 today? 😬😬

It seems almost impossible that it wouldn't be, but Ddiamondd now less sure about 'this week', and we're pretty sure Unfairground is today. They could, of course, drop two SECs on the same day (TINP), but I sort of doubt it.

We know for sure that WH will get its own poster, so if all remaining expected drops are pre-full drop on Tuesday, then it's one a day. Which is exciting!

One imagines they are having kittens trying to get the full line-up finished. I mean, look at it. It's a ridiculously complex thing!

Ben

Just come back from Bonobo gig at the Royal Albert Hall last night. Not a massive Bonobo fan previously and went with a couple of mates who are into him and he was EXCELLENT live.

Would thoroughly recommend anyone seeing him at Glastonbury.

Melding mix all night of thumping techno/house/tribal beats with ambient soundscapes, soothing swirling female vocals and a full orchestral ensemble. Made all albums come to life.

Linked was my favourite but there was some absolute stormers in there 🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rgalbraith said:

Just come back from Bonobo gig at the Royal Albert Hall last night. Not a massive Bonobo fan previously and went with a couple of mates who are into him and he was EXCELLENT live.

Sounds fab! Going tonight, very excited 🤩

Glad to be able to tick him off the Glasto list & have one less clash to worry about (would my typical luck if he ends up not clashing with anything else I'm into 😂)

3 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Sounds fab! Going tonight, very excited 🤩

Glad to be able to tick him off the Glasto list & have one less clash to worry about (would my typical luck if he ends up not clashing with anything else I'm into 😂)

If you come away from the set not wanting to see him at Glastonbury, I'll be amazed! 

I walked away in Leeds thinking how good he's gonna be on West Holts. 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

It seems almost impossible that it wouldn't be, but Ddiamondd now less sure about 'this week', and we're pretty sure Unfairground is today. They could, of course, drop two SECs on the same day (TINP), but I sort of doubt it.

We know for sure that WH will get its own poster, so if all remaining expected drops are pre-full drop on Tuesday, then it's one a day. Which is exciting!

One imagines they are having kittens trying to get the full line-up finished. I mean, look at it. It's a ridiculously complex thing!

Ben

Ah man, I thought it was locked on for today but to be honest, I’d be happy with Unfairground… there’s usually some tasty pieces on there. But Block 9 is the daddy of course.

Speaking of DJs playing twice, the vast majority do at least 2 sets across the weekend. It's only a few headliners that don't or live acts. 

I welcome it hugely as means you often a second chance to see a favourite DJ or you seem them play different style sets or B2B etc

Block neeeein! 😤 🙃 Real test of patience waiting for this B9 poster. (What's a couple more days after 2+ years)

Animal Crossing at Unfairground could be good, seen some good videos from their parties on IOM before

Glad to hear Stonebridge is getting an upgrade, did love it the way it was, but it had a couple moments of rammo which are never fun.

2 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

I thought that at first but then after last night I'm more along the lines of the below.....

2 hours ago, zeppelin said:

If you come away from the set not wanting to see him at Glastonbury, I'll be amazed! 

I walked away in Leeds thinking how good he's gonna be on West Holts. 

So I could easily go see again barring a crazy clash. I recokon it would be a easy enoughsell to my Mrs as well 😉 

IS the RJD listed on the Unfairground poster an alias do we think? I found 2-3 artists listed as RJD on Spotify but they're tiny. The biggest had 147 listeners, but is a DnB head so possibly them. If not, could it be you know who, that we thought was playing then wasn't? Not sure why he'd be in Unfairground though. I'm straw clutching.