Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

20 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

no idea at the moment unfortunately - I think that b2b with Palms Trax suits Lonely Hearts (or what i've seen of it anyways) down to a tee , but that could be said for at least 70% of the artists on the bill, i'd love a thursday night to go up against camelphat 

Psytrance. Glade Lounge. How many times...?!

🙄

Ben

12 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Psytrance. Glade Lounge. How many times...?!

🙄

Ben

i'm absolutely up for this!  i have a soft spot for Silver Hayes on the thursday though so it'll take a lot to pull me away from there- but never say never! 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, David_303 said:

The Thursday is going to be wild! 

usually i alternate my "proper party" nights where it gets a bit heavier in the confectionaries, usually friday and sunday. but after 2019 i'm thinking thursday and saturday might be the one this year looking at Glade

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

I have. I had a T&C crew band last year as I was playing a few sets around the festival over the weekend, including at the Green Room Bar which is the T&C crew bar. Early in the festival I asked in Maceo's if I could get some Block9 wristbands for me and some mates so we could get into Maceo's thoughout the festival. They told me the my T&C wristband would get me in whenever, unless they were busy in there in which case they may only accept people with Block9 wristbands. They gave me a batch of their wristbands anyway. I liked it in there, it was a nice to get into a, slightly, calmer place in the middle of all the chaos of Block9.

2 hours ago, MarcoPolo said:

Let's hope so. Saw Roi Perez self confirmed for Block 9 yesterday - playing Saturday and then Maceo's sunday.

Anyone been to Maceo's and know what the deal is? Can literally any worker (i.e. food truck, stage, greenpeace etc) get into there or only certain folk?

Was working hospitality in 2019, but didn't get a crew wristband, just a hospitality one. It got us into Maceos on the Thursday, although they told us we wouldn't be allowed in with it for the rest of the festival, so they gave us Block 9 wristbands. It seemed pretty lax, however, my brother-in-law was with us on a regular wristband and we could not blag him in. The irony is, he's genuinely worked most festivals since the mid-noughties and was with 2 of his 3 brothers who were on crew wristbands and walked straight in. So in my experience, if you have any kind of non-regular punter wristband you can probably get in provided you go Wednesday - Thursday and grab a Block 9 wristband, but if you're just a punter you've no hope. 

19 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Was working hospitality in 2019, but didn't get a crew wristband, just a hospitality one. It got us into Maceos on the Thursday, although they told us we wouldn't be allowed in with it for the rest of the festival, so they gave us Block 9 wristbands. It seemed pretty lax, however, my brother-in-law was with us on a regular wristband and we could not blag him in. The irony is, he's genuinely worked most festivals since the mid-noughties and was with 2 of his 3 brothers who were on crew wristbands and walked straight in. So in my experience, if you have any kind of non-regular punter wristband you can probably get in provided you go Wednesday - Thursday and grab a Block 9 wristband, but if you're just a punter you've no hope. 

We managed to sneak a couple of people in who didn't have Block9 wristbands late on the Saturday night, they kind of hid behind us and we walked in while the security sidetracked dealing with someone else, but generally they were checking everyone as they went in. I was amazed it worked to be honest.  

Edited by Johnnyseven

big norm on live at snowbombing - i think quite clearly pre-recorded myself personally, but you can't knock the guy he knows how to get a room moving and seems to have finally updated his set a bit

edit: i stress the term "a bit" cos the rest has been the carbon copy of any set for the last 10 years since i put this 😂

Edited by Obiginnaw

2 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

big norm on live at snowbombing - i think quite clearly pre-recorded myself personally, but you can't knock the guy he knows how to get a room moving and seems to have finally updated his set a bit

edit: i stress the term "a bit" cos the rest has been the carbon copy of any set for the last 10 years since i put this 😂

You have to love the guy as his energy is infectious and he's an absolute legend, but you're so right. Eat Sleep Rave Repeat gives me a full body cringe whenever I hear it. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

This is cheesy af, but you know you’d have a great time dancing to it on the farm. Not a second time though… I guess he does more live at Glastonbury. Can’t blame him for phoning it in to an audience of Ruperts in the Alps mind. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

This is cheesy af, but you know you’d have a great time dancing to it on the farm. Not a second time though… I guess he does more live at Glastonbury. Can’t blame him for phoning it in to an audience of Ruperts in the Alps mind. 

I enjoyed his surprise  Printworks set in the Redacted Series whenever clubs reopened. But like it was just his standard set, and I think has probs put me at the threshold of how arsed I am to see it again. Think I’d really not enjoy seeing him again. 

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

If you've seen one FBS show, you've pretty much seen em all. Preset, heavily edited and unashamedly bags of fun. I find it hard to criticise someone so passionate about the genre, but I would like to see him revert back to his big beat roots from time-to-time, rather than the generic EDM he's spun for the past decade. There's absolutely nothing avant garde about Norm's personality or creative output, he's extremely likeable but I can totally understand why his brand of big-room EDM isn't for all lovers of electronica. But what you see is what you get, and you have to respect the guy's longevity, his musical output spanning thirty years and an obvious love for all things Worthy Farm.

Btw, that Snowbombing crowd is great. Kids from all across Europe gathering for the first proper festival of the year. Think Bestival on ice, rather than the Henley Regatta.

3 minutes ago, David_303 said:

My other half knows him so I can't be too scathing. But I won't be seeing him on the farm, that's for sure 

If you've seen FBS at Glastonbury before and you're looking to expand your horizons, go elsewhere, there's a broad range of electronica across the site. If you want to party with like-minded souls in a fun atmosphere and you're not assed if you've heard Star 69 ten times previously, then head over to whichever of the various sets Norm's playing. I always try to catch one set, just for the vibe, but one will do...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, David_303 said:

Is he *still* playing that? FFS. 

He seems to love playing it at Glasto whenever he pops up. Doesn't he have a new tune with Coxy this year? Will probably be slamming that. It's actually not a terrible tune, bit acidy. 

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If you've seen FBS at Glastonbury before and you're looking to expand your horizons, go elsewhere, there's a broad range of electronica across the site. If you want to party with like-minded souls in a fun atmosphere and you're not assed if you've heard Star 69 ten times previously, then head over to whichever of the various sets Norm's playing. I always try to catch one set, just for the vibe, but one will do...

I usually end up seeing him because it's the only way I can coax my non dance music loving mates to a dance act. Then when they are warmed up I can then usually lead them (like a pied piper) onward to other more substantial acts 🙂 (if not I usually go and lose myself alone in SE corner) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan Eazy said:

I usually end up seeing him because it's the only way I can coax my non dance music loving mates to a dance act. Then when they are warmed up I can then usually lead them (like a pied piper) onward to other more substantial acts 🙂 (if not I usually go and lose myself alone in SE corner) 

Ha! He's definitely a gateway act! From Fatboy Slim at Silver Hayes, straight over to Squarepusher on IICON...😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2