Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

19 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I'm more of a techno person but if it's a good laugh I may check her out if i'm in the area, which is quite likely as I love The Glade.

yeah as said above she's more house centred, and i reckon so also on the Glade, but as she's first and foremost a DJ she plays everything, i reckon you'd enjoy yourself moreso on her arcadia set if you're more techno inclined- she definitely went a bit heavier than her radio 1 stuff there in 2019. 

Just now, Obiginnaw said:

out of upvotes but top stuff! @MaxPower will also be buzzing !

but eeesh that's already looking like clash central Sunday night, or at least a right old runaround the farm with Bicep and Kenny that evening 

I think I might do Two Shell then Bicep, we'll have to see. Very happy

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think I might do Two Shell then Bicep, we'll have to see. Very happy

that's not a bad way to go to church on a sunday! I think i'll be at Kendrick just because the group will be, which i'm not adverse to, and i'm gonna get the chance to see Bicep again I feel, but it will literally be down to where I'm at on the day 

Franky Wah - Digweed - Sasha - Camelphat is a fucking insane Thursday. First 3 my absolute dream. Sadly I'm a fucking teacher so I can't get there. 

My only happy thought is that Sasha and Digweed always plays solo show elsewhere at some point usually sat/ sun

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dan Eazy said:

Had this Fjaak set on today. Vibes! really want to see more of this 🙂 probably not new to you lot but im out of the scene a bit the past few years.  

I think you'll find a lot of us will be at the Fjaak set unless something unmissable pulls us elsewhere. 

Dare I even suggest it...thread set meet up potential?

Ben

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Franky Wah - Digweed - Sasha - Camelphat is a fucking insane Thursday. First 3 my absolute dream. Sadly I'm a fucking teacher so I can't get there. 

My only happy thought is that Sasha and Digweed always plays solo show elsewhere at some point usually sat/ sun

Throw. A. (Several). Sickie(s).

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

If that's the Thursday night run, they're gonna need to counterbalance that across other areas, otherwise the Glade is gonna be dangerously overcrowded

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If that's the Thursday night run, they're gonna need to counterbalance that across other areas, otherwise the Glade is gonna be dangerously overcrowded

Yeah that seems unusually stacked with big acts for the Thursday and will be hugely popular. Wonder just how much bigger this new stage/tent setup they have is?

5 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

Not seen Annie Mac DJ before, what style does she play?

Pretty housey, more on the commercial side. 

I've only ever seen her once live, at Bestival 2010 and it was fun.

Whilst it's not really my preferred style, there's just something about her passion for music which is infectious. She has loads of fun, ergo you do. 

Listened to a this during lockdown when I was pining for Glasto......

And this when I was pining for Ibiza.....

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah that seems unusually stacked with big acts for the Thursday and will be hugely popular. Wonder just how much bigger this new stage/tent setup they have is?

I remember Sasha on the Thursday night at the Glade a few years ago. That alone was rammo. 

It'll be crazy busy...unless they're able to open more areas on the Thursday...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I remember Sasha on the Thursday night at the Glade a few years ago. That alone was rammo. 

It'll be crazy busy...unless they're able to open more areas on the Thursday...

cinemacarmaggedon ? that had fatboy previously ? has that been considered for any of the bigger names to split crowds 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

cinemacarmaggedon ? that had fatboy previously ? has that been considered for any of the bigger names to split crowds 

I was at that FBS Ibiza movie screening, can't have been any more than 2000 in the field (which I think is capacity). They're gonna need to open more than just that to spread the crowds. There's 100K plus looking to party...

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I was at that FBS Ibiza movie screening, can't have been any more than 2000 in the field (which I think is capacity). They're gonna need to open more than just that to spread the crowds. There's 100K plus looking to party...

I just had a look at the 2019 line up. There are a LOT of venues open, you know. I started to make a list to post...and it just got too long! 

From memory, it was nicely full but not too much so at Randomer on Genosys and then the Glade Lounge was great. 

I think the issue is how big the names are that the Glade seems to put on the Thursday, compared to the other venues. George Fitzgerald was absolutely ridiculous. Couldn't really move at all to dance. And, with it being so central, close to WH bars etc, Glade is a very attractive location for the first 'proper' night when people don't want to trek too far. 

Ben

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Gotta say my biggest find on the whole line up is TSHA.

Had no clue she existed until a few weeks ago. 

Now she's top of my late night list. 

Gimme that acid house by the bucketload!

Same here! 'I know' is currently #2 on my spotify on repeat, really hope to see one of her sets.