Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

50 minutes ago, Nudenut said:

Am an avid Centreforce Radio listener, any info as to any of their DJs playing, or indeed where I may stumble across some Happy/Balearic/89-91 old School Rave tuneage ??

The Gas Tower had a Slipmatt/Altern8 set in 2019 but that was on the Monday at 4am (a definite men from boys separator - no chance I was making that one)! Bez's Acid House/Flying Bus is a surefire bet for tunes from that era. The Spaceport usually throws a couple of names spinning old school, Altern8, Mark XTC, etc. Klaus Blatter (aka Irvine Welsh) loves the acid house, definitely a lot of fun, he played the Spike last time around. You might also find the likes of Mark Archer around the Glade Lounge.

If you love your piano tunes, Davos is always a good time, usually opening the Glade one day. I think he's back again this year.

If you can't find a name you know, your best bet is to take a walk around the south east corner until you hear something that lands. You're bound to stumble across something amazing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Right team - apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but I wasn't sure where was best. Now, I'm a person that likes to supplement my night with some goodies - I'm sure many here partake. However this also tends to lead me to wanting and having a few cigarettes - they just hit right and even enhance my experience.

The thing is, I no longer smoke and would really like to avoid doing so whilst at Glastonbury (That taste in the morning 🤮). Does anyone know if vaping would scratch that itch? And if so - have any recommendation on what to buy for five days on the farm?

100%. A fruity burst will probably be better 

I absolutely love a tangerine when getting a bit freaky. Its life changing stuff

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Stumbled across this interesting documentary on Block 9 from 2019, might whet the whistles until the announcement...enjoy!

This is NSFW

I repeat NSFW 😂

Something unusual on the decks, right at the beginning.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's Block 9. Of course it's NSFW! 😄

I was lured in by the picture of iicon and lasers - didn't really think it through did I 😂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

100%. A fruity burst will probably be better 

I absolutely love a tangerine when getting a bit freaky. Its life changing stuff

Grape - only ever fall into smoking on a bender like a stag or similar, and had a grape one from an off licence last time. Moreish. 

@Dontthrowstones, @gfa, @Mezhyp1 - Thanks for your replies!

Realised there's actually a vape shop about a 3min walk from my house so might nip in to trial a couple pre-Glasto. Heading to Barcelona for a week at the start of June (Primavera!) so that will be a great test run.

Glad to hear it has the desired effect. Last year I just ended up on tobacco at both Latitude and Green Man so really keen to avoid that this year.

2 hours ago, MarcoPolo said:

On a separate topic, was anyone else a bit disappointed to see so many great DJs listed for Silver Hayes rather than elsewhere on site? Appreciate we haven't seen Lonely Hearts Club at Glasto before which might be great but I've always thought Wow Stage is quite a generic "big room" tent that you see at every festival going, compared with all the weird and wonderful alternatives in SE corner. Also recall struggling to get into Wow for Four Tet and other big names back in 2019(?). I'm nitpicking and hopefully a lot of those artists will end up playing more than once haha

But isn't that supposed to be the drawer of the south east corner, or at least part of it? At the end of the day it's not the festival's dedicated dance area, Silver Hayes is.

The south east corner just isn't big enough to pick up all the slack that Arcadia doesn't have covered, and it's made it absurdly busy in recent years. I actually think it's a good thing if they try to spread the crowds around more, and I've got high hopes for the new Silver Hayes team based on what I've seen of Love Saves the Day.

Plus, we haven't even got Block 9 yet, which is always the best south east corner lineup anyway...

45 minutes ago, gfa said:

Definitely something disposable / semi-disposable like @Dontthrowstones suggested, i'm guessing the last thing you want is to get hooked. A single disposable one from a corner shop like an elf bar would probably last the whole weekend even if you share it around a bit, they have a pretty good nicotine hit and 100s of flavours.

Careful on the elf bars they are very heavy nicotine.  20mg maybe. Go for something lower

Managed in 2019 to be baccy free and was fine. Vape and herbal vape .

It is certainly possible  good luck @zeppelin

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Careful on the elf bars they are very heavy nicotine.  20mg maybe. Go for something lower

Managed in 2019 to be baccy free and was fine. Vape and herbal vape .

It is certainly possible  good luck @zeppelin

Well aware, thats why I recommended just one instead of refillable. Pretty much all of the ones that are sold seem to be max legal nicotine near me.

2 hours ago, David_303 said:

SEC for sure. They usually have an array of oldskool Mancunian Hacienda types playing.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The Gas Tower had a Slipmatt/Altern8 set in 2019 but that was on the Monday at 4am (a definite men from boys separator - no chance I was making that one)! Bez's Acid House/Flying Bus is a surefire bet for tunes from that era. The Spaceport usually throws a couple of names spinning old school, Altern8, Mark XTC, etc. Klaus Blatter (aka Irvine Welsh) loves the acid house, definitely a lot of fun, he played the Spike last time around. You might also find the likes of Mark Archer around the Glade Lounge.

If you love your piano tunes, Davos is always a good time, usually opening the Glade one day. I think he's back again this year.

If you can't find a name you know, your best bet is to take a walk around the south east corner until you hear something that lands. You're bound to stumble across something amazing.

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Unfairground might throw up something in that type of style. 

Ben

Thanks all, that's a great help, really looking forward to it !!

3 hours ago, Nudenut said:

89-91 old School Rave tuneage

There's also Babylon Uprising, in the markets area, I think they usually have an Altern8/Mark Archer set and more of that sort of thing. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/babylon-uprising/ 

https://mobile.twitter.com/BabylonUprising 

4 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

finally got round to listening to the Job Jobse Boiler Room set... i'm only sad it's taken me this long. have a horrible feeling that palms trax b2b will be either rammed or clashing 

It’ll be rammo for sure. Wonder what stage it’ll be on

2 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

unsure if it's been talked about on here (i know there was conversation of wanting them on block9) , but despite them not being on the Poster, Two Shell are billed on Resident advisor to be playing Silver Hayes Thursday , unless i'm overlooking them ?

https://ra.co/dj/twoshell

Aye I pointed that out a while ago but @bennyhana22 pointed out RA have previous with sticking names down for the festival who aren’t playing.

Theyre the main one missing from my list though, praying they turn up somewhere.

9 hours ago, MaxPower said:

It’ll be rammo for sure. Wonder what stage it’ll be on

I'd like it to be sonic but Lonely Hearts might be the only one able to take it's capacity (presuming it's bigger?)

9 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Aye I pointed that out a while ago but @bennyhana22 pointed out RA have previous with sticking names down for the festival who aren’t playing.

Theyre the main one missing from my list though, praying they turn up somewhere.

ahhh that makes sense then, yeah they'd be cracking too see but feel like they might have grown in stature a bit too late to be billed, but that's a stab in the dark, unfairground could suit them as much as block9