Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Bradders said:

Could this be the return of London Underground? It seems to be on the map.

(Block 9 I know but that whole area is often colloquially referred to as Shangri-La)

Unless they’ve taken the stage from them, because Poly-Ritmo is only playing once (I think), is on that stage and on the Shangri-La poster (not block 9).

2 hours ago, Bradders said:

Could this be the return of London Underground? It seems to be on the map.

(Block 9 I know but that whole area is often colloquially referred to as Shangri-La)

I don't think that is LU on the map, but there certainly seem to be three blobs in Block9 West. 

The one at the bottom is the Downlow and at the top is the newly positioned Genosys from 2019. So, what is on the right? I guess it could be a return to the 2017 config, pre-IICON. I'd love that, as the only set I went to in the LU was a dubstep one that was not exactly my thing! Client_03 somewhere dark and grimy like that would be fantastic. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

12 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Is it not just an extended Meat Rack?

Nah, 'cause the Meat Rack is in continuum with the Downlow, isn't it? 

In fact, I've just looked at the 2017 map, and although the right hand blob is slightly different in shape to the identically-positioned 2017 Genosys, otherwise the blob-configuration is exactly the same. 

Conclusion: 2022 Block9 has a whole extra venue compared to 2019:

NYCD/MR
Genosys
IICON
???

So, maybe a return of LU, maybe something totally new. 

Oh my 😲

Ben

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I don't think that is LU on the map, but there certainly seem to be three blobs in Block9 West. 

The one at the bottom is the Downlow and at the top is the newly positioned Genosys from 2019. So, what is on the right? I guess it could be a return to the 2017 config, pre-IICON. I'd love that, as the only set I went to in the LU was a dubstep one that was not exactly my thing! Client_03 somewhere dark and grimy like that would be fantastic. 

Ben

I don’t think it is LU either tbh. It’s just in the same position (I think?) and doesn’t say what it is so I made the connection. Probably more points against the possibility than for it.

Just now, Adam75 said:

Is the extra block - Maseo's the crew bar? 

Seem to remember that being in that area

No crew bars are on the map and Maceo's is kind of behind NYCDL on the railway line towards Shangri-la.

3 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Headlining The Glade is pretty much my last hope on this one. They're on site and clearly get on well with the festival so to not have a live set on their "final" live tour would be a huge missed opportunity. 

Was half hoping for an earlier set on a larger stage but can't see where they'd fit in. Imagine them third down or subbing West Holts - it would be amazing! 

Yeah would be such a missed opportunity. Always thought their relationship with Glasto seemed a bit hit and miss - lots of "come and get me pleas" in the press in recent years but not actually ended up playing that often. Fingers crossed anyway, would take the Glade but West Holts or Park would be brilliant

On a separate topic, was anyone else a bit disappointed to see so many great DJs listed for Silver Hayes rather than elsewhere on site? Appreciate we haven't seen Lonely Hearts Club at Glasto before which might be great but I've always thought Wow Stage is quite a generic "big room" tent that you see at every festival going, compared with all the weird and wonderful alternatives in SE corner. Also recall struggling to get into Wow for Four Tet and other big names back in 2019(?). I'm nitpicking and hopefully a lot of those artists will end up playing more than once haha

Right team - apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but I wasn't sure where was best. Now, I'm a person that likes to supplement my night with some goodies - I'm sure many here partake. However this also tends to lead me to wanting and having a few cigarettes - they just hit right and even enhance my experience.

The thing is, I no longer smoke and would really like to avoid doing so whilst at Glastonbury (That taste in the morning 🤮). Does anyone know if vaping would scratch that itch? And if so - have any recommendation on what to buy for five days on the farm?

9 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Right team - apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but I wasn't sure where was best. Now, I'm a person that likes to supplement my night with some goodies - I'm sure many here partake. However this also tends to lead me to wanting and having a few cigarettes - they just hit right and even enhance my experience.

The thing is, I no longer smoke and would really like to avoid doing so whilst at Glastonbury (That taste in the morning 🤮). Does anyone know if vaping would scratch that itch? And if so - have any recommendation on what to buy for five days on the farm?

This will be my first tobacco-free Glastonbury - was hoping to bring a Vaporesso GTX One that I use for when I have a drink - however the tank/coil is stuck on my current one (was going to bring two to have charged) but that's out the window now because that would be a melt to try to fix in the SEC about 3am - I'm looking for decent advice on this too!

11 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Buy a few Geek Bar temp vapes (or a greener solution would be to buy a refillable vape stick of some sort and fill with liquid as and when). I switched from cigs to vaping last year and it has scratched the itch ever since (bar the odd couple of cigs). Trouble is finding the liquid that works best for you. Some taste awful and it took me a while to get a reliable flavour and brand. Best to test a few beforehand if you're willing to. 

P.S There is no taste in the morning and your lungs won't feel (as) damaged

55 minutes ago, Nudenut said:

Am an avid Centreforce Radio listener, any info as to any of their DJs playing, or indeed where I may stumble across some Happy/Balearic/89-91 old School Rave tuneage ??

SEC for sure. They usually have an array of oldskool Mancunian Hacienda types playing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Definitely something disposable / semi-disposable like @Dontthrowstones suggested, i'm guessing the last thing you want is to get hooked. A single disposable one from a corner shop like an elf bar would probably last the whole weekend even if you share it around a bit, they have a pretty good nicotine hit and 100s of flavours.

• Like 1