Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Just now, zeppelin said:

I've seen Folamour's name mentioned a lot on here recently so, now he's confirmed, can anyone recommend a set or just some songs to check out? 

Clashes are going to kill me this year. And I never see half the late night stuff I intend on; I swear I spend most of my time stood around waiting for people 😅

Yeah absolutely, he has loads of great sets. 

I’d recommend checking out his Albums on Spotify, he has a number and he’s a top tier producer.

this was the set that made him really blow up - I was there the energy was great (and includes the famous “Abba moment”) but his style has developed mroe now - he doesn’t play tracks like Abba anymore and focuses on classic French disco and his own produced tracks.

here’s two more recent sets showing his current style. 

he records a lot of sets so there’s plenty on YouTube.

if you like him give Poly-Ritmo a listen who is also on this lineup, who does Carribean and South American disco 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, payneruk said:

Any recent ish Dixon sets online? Preferably Mixcloud as my Soundcloud app pauses when the screen locks!

That annoys the life out of me, I think if you open it in a web browser then it's not as bad.

TSHA gets her name on a third poster, atta girl. No excuses to miss her now.

PARTIBOI69! Folamour AV! Bonobo DJ! Dixon! Ploy-Ritmo! 😍

I assume Folamour is Gas Tower, since IICON would be part of the Block 9 Announcement?

Never been to a Partiboi set, they look quite insane. Would probably go just for the laughs.

This tune always cheers me up, even though it's nothing like his DJ sets

9 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

TSHA gets her name on a third poster, atta girl. No excuses to miss her now.

PARTIBOI69! Folamour AV! Bonobo DJ! Dixon! Ploy-Ritmo! 😍

I assume Folamour is Gas Tower, since IICON would be part of the Block 9 Announcement?

Never been to a Partiboi set, they look quite insane. Would probably go just for the laughs.

This tune always cheers me up, even though it's nothing like his DJ sets

Correct on IICON, Folamour would be a big departure from IICON vibe anyway. Him on the gas tour with visuals will be class but I’d imagine VERY busy.

TSHA 3 sets is great, kind of assuming her Shangri-La set will be more jungle-y. Aiming for a house/rave set for her.

55 minutes ago, payneruk said:

Any recent ish Dixon sets online? Preferably Mixcloud as my Soundcloud app pauses when the screen locks!

Youtube, sorry. Found this Dixon X Transmoderna, full on with the experimental visuals.

Feels like it would be another rammed Gas Tower (unless it's getting an unlikely unannounced upgrade 👀.)

Just now, Acid Loafers said:

Youtube, sorry. Found this Dixon X Transmoderna, full on with the experimental visuals.

If you're on Android:

- Open the YouTube link in a new tab on Chrome. 

- Select "Desktop Site" from the options. 

- Play it, and change tab or lock screen. 

- There should now be an option to continue playing it from the menu at the top of your screen.

Same for Prospa & Fred Again (maybe even Mall Grab)

I suppose still there's still the new Beat Hotel, though are we even sure it's coming back/being replaced? 

Starting to have doubts, feel like Silver Hayes has ticked so many of the boxes it used to be about.

14 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Same for Prospa & Fred Again (maybe even Mall Grab)

I suppose still there's still the new Beat Hotel, though are we even sure it's coming back/being replaced? 

Starting to have doubts, feel like Silver Hayes has ticked so many of the boxes it used to be about.

Ah I completely forgot about beat hotel, figure Kettama and prospa could be on there. Expecting Fred Again on a mainstage

On 4/29/2022 at 10:20 AM, bennyhana22 said:

Just want to say that in one week's time I will be out at a techno club in Berlin!

(No, not that one)

Am taking my Mum there for her birthday, to see the city and visit Child 1. And the young 'un is taking me out. It'll be my first time clubbing in Berlin. I hope he can keep up.

Ben

What's the club? I had a night out at Tresor in 2018 and loved it. Would have tried Berghain too but we went Sunday-Thursday and it wasn't open. Tresor was a student techno night. 

At the risk of sounding greedy, is there going to be (or is there already) a 2022 version of this spreadsheet someone built in 2019: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BzyCqFTgA8W64VGxlTA-ctmum77HUPvjltC8MJ8K0uc/edit?usp=sharing

I found it brilliant for sampling the dance acts before going that year! Thanks in advance (or apologies if I'm asking for too much!)