Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Titters said:

As @bennyhana22will confirm, RA listings have not always been entirely accurate. 

So it may be that they've got some other info, but more likely someone was seeing things by the time they got that far down the list when transcribing. 

There are a lot of names on that poster....!

And RA have form with Silver Hayes, which is what @Titters is referring to. A few years ago I was beside myself with excitement as RA 'confirmed' the announcement of Stroboscopic Artefacts head honcho Lucy

Despite this assurance, it turned out that RA might have been a little bit inaccurate, prompting the episode to enter into annual Silver Hayes lore as WrongLucy.

Ben

4 hours ago, CameronJP1998 said:

Seen some love for Ben Sims in this thread. Caught him at fabric tonight - incredible

Glad you had a good night. Have you caught his Essential mix from last week. Quality.

Not a bad day yesterday in the sun. Always think day parties are quite shit sound wise though unless you're front and center.

Gerd was on form as per, and the bits of Dusky I saw were a nice mix of house and garage.

Sulta closing the night was the usual cheesefest, but it's usually enjoyable. I just wish he'd make more tunes, as he had quite an original sound for awhile a few years back. He finished with Caesars - Jerk it Out which is a level of randomness that I think is probably a bit too much 'look at this completely unexpected song I'm going to finish with' haha. iPod advert vibes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nikkic said:

Anz joins TSHA and Palms Trax on my "must-see-as-long-as-there-isn't-a-major-clash" list. 

It's interesting that so many of the prominent female artists are pushing boundaries, very difficult to pigeon hole their sound in most instances. They're not just playing standard tech house for the masses. At the moment, I'm really hoping I manage to catch Sherelle, HAAi, Nia Archives, TSHA and Anz but I'm sure there'll be more

On 4/28/2022 at 9:45 PM, e_p said:

None of the sets posted recently seem hard to me. Certainly not nosebleed techno.  Hoping that someone on Genosys or IIcon mighit actually bang it out 

I'd love abit of this like 😁

On 4/28/2022 at 9:53 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Fuck me! 

I promise I'm not taking the piss or being a dick when I ask - how does anyone dance to that?! There was a small venue at Boomtown for Hi-Tech and it was smashing that out all day and night. Just could not work out how I would move to it.

I have to be honest and say that I doubt there will be much of that kind of sound on the Farm, but I could be way off the mark. 

Ben

You use what's called your Gabba Fist while usually shouting ARRRRRRR and bouncing about abit.

• Upvote 1

All this talk of Gabba (not a fan myself) got me digging through the archive again. This is about as heavy as I ever got but a younger Dayman got a wee bit obsessed over this set way back when. It'll certainly wake you up at this hour anyway!

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I did not expect to see Dixon in Shangri La, that's for sure 

Same! How on earth they’ve got him who knows, would cost a fortune with no goodwill discount.

also i wonder if there will be a new stage worthy of hosting his “transmoderna” style set as i cant think of any stage that was there last time that would properly suit

3 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Another stacked lineup, Dixon, Folamour, Jamie Jones 

And most importantly Partiboi69 😍

Can you send a partiboi set - seen good things he sounds like an absolute nutter haha

I've seen Folamour's name mentioned a lot on here recently so, now he's confirmed, can anyone recommend a set or just some songs to check out? 

Clashes are going to kill me this year. And I never see half the late night stuff I intend on; I swear I spend most of my time stood around waiting for people 😅

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

I've seen Folamour's name mentioned a lot on here recently so, now he's confirmed, can anyone recommend a set or just some songs to check out? 

Clashes are going to kill me this year. And I never see half the late night stuff I intend on; I swear I spend most of my time stood around waiting for people 😅