Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 hours ago, Zacko said:

I've somehow never been to the Glade in four festivals, I'm not actually sure where it even is ya know!? Must remedy that.

Oh, you must! It's at the bottom of Pennards, just off the railway line, tucked amongst the trees (hence the name) with the tremendous sound system. I'm sure you've been there more than you think! 😀👽

13 minutes ago, David_303 said:

I'm driving about over the next few days - so if you've any good mixes to recommend. Any style but I prefer melodic stuff. 

You've probably already seen this but Bicep at the Printworks is probably my favourite driving around set. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY7M3pzXdUo

If you're a Jon Hopkins fan, I threw up his set from his Glasto 2019 on soundcloud. Also a banger.

https://soundcloud.com/never-the-less/jh-gf-19/s-qxSHt9k8YTd?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Jamie XX at the Park Stage in 2015 is also excellent... I'll throw that up later if anyone wants it.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Oh, you must! It's at the bottom of Pennards, just off the railway line, tucked amongst the trees (hence the name) with the tremendous sound system. I'm sure you've been there more than you think! 😀👽

Wait, is Love Bullets in the Glade area? I've been there! For Elrow in 2017 I think. 

My first three festivals (09, 10, 11) I wasn't properly into electronic music so didn't see too many DJs. Weird to think I've only really experienced one Glasto as an electronic music fan (2017). Makes this year even more exciting. 

Edited by Zacko

20 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

You've probably already seen this but Bicep at the Printworks is probably my favourite driving around set. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY7M3pzXdUo

Still feel so lucky that we went to this day, and we had no idea it was being recorded! Feels like one of those classic sets that will be watched for years to come. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Wait, is Love Bullets in the Glade area? I've been there! For Elrow in 2017 I think. 

My first three festivals (09, 10, 11) I wasn't properly into electronic music so didn't see too many DJs. Weird to think I've only really experienced one Glasto as an electronic music fan (2017). Makes this year even more exciting. 

It was, for 2017 only. 

It's only connection was it's nearby location!  The vibe couldn't have been more different. 

DSC01667.jpg

3 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Lovebullets is in the glade. I've never been though, didn't like the vibe around it at all. Really don't think it fits in the rest of the area.

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

It was, for 2017 only. 

It's only connection was it's nearby location!  The vibe couldn't have been more different. 

DSC01667.jpg

Haha yeah, that Elrow tent was a bit weird. Had a great time, but I'm not sure it really fit there. Seemed way more of a fit for Silver Hayes.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Man I just can’t wait to be there again. Thumping baseline, cider in hand, sun gently piercing its way through the trees. 

We’re almost there lads and lasses!!!!!!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Lovebullets in the mud and rain of Shangri-La 2016 - fantastic. Seth T and Martinez Brothers for 3 hours of pretty techy stuff. Had a blast.

Lovebullets in the Glade 2017 - went in once for a bit; felt really cokey-aggy in the sunshine in the middle of the afternoon (not Elrow). Left pronto.

Ben

Edit: also saw a massive fight, the only one I saw all weekend, effectively spilling out of there in 2017. Security were bloody loving getting stuck into that!

Edited by bennyhana22

12 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'll always remember being at Genosys at about 5am one morning in, I think, muddy 2016 and I feel this hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see Child 1 grinning, naked to the waist, looking somewhat worse for wear with his arm around a delightful young lady who was in no way his girlfriend.

Happy Days.

Ben 

My son is currently 2 and I’d love this to be our future.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Thanks for the tip. I might give YT premium a shot, although I haven't really seen any ads on YouTube for many years now thanks to the uBlock Origin browser extension.

My main concern with Tidal was whether it would have the same content, then I realised it has a bigger catalogue than Spotify's and that changed my mind. Was there anything in particular you didn't like about it?

Probably the problem you navigated with the playlists & maybe being too lazy to learn a new interface. Both of those left it serving music that wasn't for me and I didn't want to spend the time teaching it tbh. On Spotify I have a family plan and also use release radar and suggested playlists a lot so I suppose it would have taken a fair bit to win me over!

Hi guys,

New poster but have been following the forums since my first Glastonbury in ‘19. Finally had it confirmed of work so feel like the excitement can finally begin.

Any idea on the likelihood of Andy C showing up? His residency on Radio 1 the past month has been nothing short of exceptional in my opinion.

Cheers

Cameron

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

What’s the deal with Resident Advisor listing Two Shell for Glastonbury? They aren’t on the Silver Hayes lineup and haven’t been announced elsewhere unless I’m being dense.

7B73D9BC-66E5-4030-B86D-874CC866B663.png

As @bennyhana22will confirm, RA listings have not always been entirely accurate. 

So it may be that they've got some other info, but more likely someone was seeing things by the time they got that far down the list when transcribing.