Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Sorry dude, my info back in January was that he was there. Looks like it changed fairly recently. 

Everything I hear & post is done so in good faith.

Ah of course bro don’t doubt it, just a real shame I’ve never seen him and increasingly worried I never will!

8 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Fair. If something is not for you then it just isn’t. I like it for the energy (and imo it’s more intricate than it might first appear), but then I like Industrial so this is relatively softcore 😂 

Having said all that I Saw Surgeon the other night who was still quality and I actually liked Hawtin’s funky minimal stuff back in the day (2005 Sonar set at 4am in the courtyard blew my tiny mind). Still have a soft spot for Slam (although a recent London gig of theirs was a bit beige, but I blame the venue)

I think I was at that night. Madga and Troy Pierce too? Was awesome

12 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Personally, I don't blame anyone on here for reporting any info they have. It doesn't entirely surprise me considering Aphex Twin's enigmatic nature and total unwillingness to engage with a crowd.

He's not exactly a performer and the Arcadia stage strikes me as somewhere better-suited to the Calvin Harris's of this world versus someone who spent much of the 90s lying on the floor with a laptop and avoiding eye contact with the crowd.

That's very kind, considering I still feel like a dick for posting the fake Genosys poster in good faith 😂

Ben

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

That's very kind, considering I still feel like a dick for posting the fake Genosys poster in good faith 😂

Ben

Haha to be fair Ben I’m still raging about that, 3 group chat I sent it too lol they won’t believe me about Arcadia now 😂

As someone who plays under multiple pseudonyms to avoid the hype and make it about the music, I'm holding a glimmer of hope that Aphex Twin is still going to pop up somewhere under a different name.

At a minimum, its going to be fun trying to research each act to see if it is indeed himself in disguise.

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Haha you be careful with that trigger finger if you get wind of it lol. 

beat hotel replacement too to go?

Yup, and The Common, and sometimes you get some cool stuff in Unfairground as well. Saw Radioactive Man play a blistering live electro set there in....2016, I think.

And there will almost certainly be some gems in:

Glade
Glade Lounge (I'm looking at you, Psytrance Thursday...)
Spaceport
Stonebridge
Shangri-La (e.g. Gas Tower)

Seriously, in a few weeks we'll be knee deep in Dance Clashmageddon

Ben

2 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Sven Vath just been announced to be playing Koko in Camden on the Friday of Glastonbury. Could he potentially be one of the special guests (like the chems) that have yet to be added to the Arcadia lineup?

Could be, but if the line up leak is true, I'd say there's more DnB to come, rather than techno.

Ben

9 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Never heard of TSHA before, anyone care to give me a quick synopsis of their style?

Or is there a set I should look out for from her/him/them?!

Production wise, sonically I'd say she mostly somewhat falls into a bit of a Four Tet style but maybe a bit 'poppier'? This tune kinda brought her to prominance in 2020:

In her DJ sets she goes a bit harder though, lots of 90s house, acid etc. Would definitely recommend! 

31 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Production wise, sonically I'd say she mostly somewhat falls into a bit of a Four Tet style but maybe a bit 'poppier'? This tune kinda brought her to prominance in 2020:

In her DJ sets she goes a bit harder though, lots of 90s house, acid etc. Would definitely recommend! 

Thanks. 

Not heard that track before but really like it, and anything remotely like Four Tet peaks my interest so will delve further. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Was that The Orbit's 2nd birthday show with Sven Vath, perchance?

(Incorrect date on the video there according to this site)

image.png.f0391c056a130d6933356a989802e2e9.png

That one was before my time. I first went to the Orbit in 1995. Only saw Aphex there once, 1998 I think, as a part of a Rephlex night with Cylob & Rephlex Crew. 

For the house heads, Cinthie has confirmed herself on instagram for the friday - i’m hyped!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc0P9HJsSmT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

doesnt say where but cant be silver hayes as she wasnt on their poster. Also not likely arcadia as not on their poster either. Genosys would be awesome

Edited by Memory Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

For the house heads, Cinthie has confirmed herself on instagram for the friday - i’m hyped!

doesnt say where but cant be silver hayes as she wasnt on their poster. Also not likely arcadia as not on their poster either. Genosys would be awesome

Love love love Cinthie! 

Heard she's one of the nicest people in the game too, her Mixmag article was great

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nikkic said:

Thanks. 

Not heard that track before but really like it, and anything remotely like Four Tet peaks my interest so will delve further. 

She did a residency on Radio 1 last month (sorry if someone else has already mentioned this). They’re great, all themed. I imagine her “Warehouse” one is similar to what she will play at Glastonbury -https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0015c78

(you could also check out her Lost Village set which I’m sure in soundcloud). 

12 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Block 9 she said in the post comments 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Block 9 she said in the post comments 

Damn i didnt do the deep dive 😂 good spot!

Edit: it was after i posted that the comment went on! 

I reckon most likely genosys as downlow and iicon feel less likely for her style but we’ll see!

Edited by Memory Man

17 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Yess - I was working at Boardmasters last year and saw her, superb set.