Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

15 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

I've seen lots of techno DJs at Glastonbury (Carl Cox, Richie Hawtin, Marcel Dettmann, Jerome Hill, Kevin Saunderson, Dave Clarke, DJ Pierre and more).

I worded my message poorly and it was meant in response to the possibility of 'world music' at the revamped Beat Hotel. I was wondering whether they might take that space in a different direction and book a load of techno peeps in there, but I'm probably way off the mark there.

As has rightly been pointed out, the techno will probably reside in the SE Corner.

I hoped to see a couple of names in Silver Hayes though, given I saw Richie Hawtin there a few years back. 

Do love a bit of Hawtin. Saw him at Club Paradiso on Mykonos (clang) a few years ago. Stellar.

Ben

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Do love a bit of Hawtin. Saw him at Club Paradiso on Mykonos (clang) a few years ago. Stellar.

Ben

His Plastikman set at Glastonbury (98?) is up there as one of the best sets I have ever seen

55 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Gotta say I’d be into a head the ball mini UFO stage like at Dekmantel playing nosebleed techno all weekend. Probably only go about 4 hours over the entire weekend but it’d be nice to have a total change of pace mid day if the mood took me.

It's like entering another realm of evolution going into that darkness whilst it's broad daylight outside. Lights flying everywhere

What a place 

2 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Suppose I’m a little surprised to not see Bradley Zero - think he’ll be elsewhere @bennyhana22?

Maybe playing whatever replaces the BH?

He nabbed my set of the year award last year,  SO FUCKING GOOD. Although I suppose there weren't hundreds of candidates considering clubs were closed until July 😅

16 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

As said, out of upvotes, but YES! The live on IICON dream is still on.

Ben

I thought dance acts mostly just did 1 live set, then loads of dj sets extra if they decide to?

54 minutes ago, gfa said:

I thought dance acts mostly just did 1 live set, then loads of dj sets extra if they decide to?

We can maybe expect Prospa Live on IICON then ??

edit: obviously massively wishful thinking but I kinda expected them to be on Silver Hayes and don’t know where else they’d be this year, would be a shame if they aren’t there at all 

Edited by Obiginnaw

3 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

edit: obviously massively wishful thinking but I kinda expected them to be on Silver Hayes and don’t know where else they’d be this year, would be a shame if they aren’t there at all 

That would be a big stylistic departure from IICON - I’d have thought if they’re going that way a DJ set from Overmono would be more likely.

I’d be really surprised if Prospa aren’t there though - maybe on a non-dance stage? Where ever Fred Again hopefully is playing?

4 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

Their live set is one I'm really interested in, mainly cause of the guitar. I know they both spent years in bands as teenagers so it's quite intriguing to see how much they bring that side in (maybe just for the little 80s style solo in one of their tunes)