Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

We're off to Let it Roll festival in Prague this summer, and that's meant to have one of the strongest DnB line ups in the world. But tbf Silver Hayes line up isn't that much weaker (albeit obviously smaller). 

Really really impressed with what they've come up with. 

He’s sick. Listened to that set and the one he did at Nachdigital a lot. Them mixes I posted above are ones I’ve returned to a lot really.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/LnoA83fuSAUbD7176

I was recommended Batu on here in the lead up to 2019 and I have to say he’s become a favourite of mine. Make sure you see him if you weren’t planning to.

That’s the best Silver Hayes line up I have ever seen since I’ve been going 2013 onwards. 

Edited by Tommy Dickfingers
Link

Sofia Kourtesis might be a top 10 set of the weekend. 

Also, Fred Again.. is on the Electric Forest lineup in the states the weekend of Glasto (fest is 23rd-26th, no idea what day he's playing.) Doesn't exclude him but a tight window.

Edited by Ozzyozwald
clarification

23 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Job Jobse is the boy, isn't he?

His Beat Hotel '19 closing set finishing with this just... worked? Curates such a ridiculous atmosphere, look forward to that set. 

Edited by Tuna

For goodness sake!

I turn my back for 5 minutes and you kids run bloody riot!

Well, we've begun, eh, team? Silver Hayes is always the dance area drop likely to offer the least for me, but there's no doubt on the quality of that line-up. Absolutely packed with big-hitters and almost certainly the 'biggest' name line-up I've seen for SH.

Personal highlights are:

Avalon
Batu
Call Super
Gabriels
Giant Swan
HAAi
Leon V
Overmono
Sofia Kourtesis

Remind me, do we think any of these are playing the Beat Hotel replacement, or is their drop entirely different - I think it's the latter. If that's the case, I am massively intrigued as to where some of these artists will play and, as significantly, at what time. 

The enormously stacked line-up seems to suggest that there'll be some of the huge names playing in the middle of the day. That would also suggest that the sets they would play will be 'daytime' party sets too. Going to be very interesting when the full line-up comes out. 

For me, I'm pretty uniform in my daily model (No?! I hear you cry...), of bands from when the stages open until after headliners, and all my dancing at night - unless there's no headliner for me or a non-negotiable like Jopkins' extraordinary DJ set on the Spider. But if nothing else, this drop gives an indication of the level of indescribable riches still to come. And, @Supernintendo Chalmers, it's not just Shangri-La as one of the areas still to come, but the whole of the SEC with it!

Gonna. Be. Epic.

Ben

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ozzyozwald said:

Sofia Kourtesis might be a top 10 set of the weekend

Almost certainly the most exciting name to drop on the SH poster for me.

And can we clarify the Richard Fearless/DiV rumour? I see he's said 'See you there', but surely he'd have been on the poster if he's booked proper, no?

Ben

Agree that there are some very Beat Hotelly guys in there @bennyhana22, we've had no official word on that yet but given the geography it's certainly possible that this engulfs it in some way, I spose. But I think the collective thinking is that it'll be separate. 

The poster is about the same size as usual, if they've got rid of the 6 hour boat parties then it'll all fit on 4 stages over 4 days absolutely fine - there's always been big hitters in the day. 

Edited by Tuna

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Agree that there are some very Beat Hotelly guys in there @bennyhana22, we've had no official word on that yet but given the geography it's certainly possible that this engulfs it in some way, I spose. But I think the collective thinking is that it'll be separate. 

The poster is about the same size as usual, if they've got rid of the 6 hour boat parties then it'll all fit on 4 stages over 4 days absolutely fine - there's always been big hitters in the day. 

Yeah, totally agree. For example, Palms b2b Jobse has Beat Hotel written all over it!

I hope the (new) BH drop is separate - yet another line-up to pore over...!

Ben

Maybe The Beat Hotel are doing something more 'World Music' related, I think their stuff recently has been more in keeping with this, so potentially some of the acts may have switched from SH to BH and vice versa. What with them losing the Blues and Gully.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Team Love are doing Silver Hayes this year aren’t they? This is very similar to what they book for Love Saves/Love International etc, think Beat Hotel was always a separate team 

20 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Remind me, do we think any of these are playing the Beat Hotel replacement, or is their drop entirely different - I think it's the latter. If that's the case, I am massively intrigued as to where some of these artists will play and, as significantly, at what time. 

Ben

I'm wondering if there will even be a like-for-like replacement for the Beat Hotel and maybe Silver Hayes has eaten up that budget/space? They've certainly gone balls out this year. That said, I fully expect a large number of those names to make multiple appearances across the weekend.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm wondering if there will even be a like-for-like replacement for the Beat Hotel and maybe Silver Hayes has eaten up that budget/space? They've certainly gone balls out this year. That said, I fully expect a large number of those names to make multiple appearances across the weekend.

However it's reconfigured, I definitely want a venue in that same place. It was never my natural home, but I bloody loved walking past the BH on my way to/from JPT, with the plinth outside rammed with ravers. A unique venue at Glastonbury (I guess you could say that about many/most, but you know what I mean...).

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

However it's reconfigured, I definitely want a venue in that same place. It was never my natural home, but I bloody loved walking past the BH on my way to/from JPT, with the plinth outside rammed with ravers. A unique venue at Glastonbury (I guess you could say that about many/most, but you know what I mean...).

Ben

I can definitely see something going in there, that area would be quite barren with no venue in it, especially as they moved JPT up the hill. I wonder though, if they'll use this as an opportunity to introduce an alternative late night area, not playing electronic music? 

49 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

For goodness sake!

I turn my back for 5 minutes and you kids run bloody riot!

Well, we've begun, eh, team? Silver Hayes is always the dance area drop likely to offer the least for me, but there's no doubt on the quality of that line-up. Absolutely packed with big-hitters and almost certainly the 'biggest' name line-up I've seen for SH.

Personal highlights are:

Avalon
Batu
Call Super
Gabriels
Giant Swan
HAAi
Leon V
Overmono
Sofia Kourtesis

The enormously stacked line-up seems to suggest that there'll be some of the huge names playing in the middle of the day. That would also suggest that the sets they would play will be 'daytime' party sets too. Going to be very interesting when the full line-up comes out. 

For me, I'm pretty uniform in my daily model (No?! I hear you cry...), of bands from when the stages open until after headliners, and all my dancing at night - unless there's no headliner for me or a non-negotiable like Jopkins' extraordinary DJ set on the Spider. But if nothing else, this drop gives an indication of the level of indescribable riches still to come. And, @Supernintendo Chalmers, it's not just Shangri-La as one of the areas still to come, but the whole of the SEC with it!

Gonna. Be. Epic.

Ben

Yeah I’m the exact same save headliner level (chems last time, four tet probs this time). But based on this I’m gonna be seeing a lot more day time dance acts than usual - HAAI, Job/Palm, Moxie&Co, CBD, Overmono, TSHA can’t all be night time slots