Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 4/19/2022 at 4:53 PM, Jay Pee said:

Enjoying it lads. Would barely know you were Geordies like

Screenshot_2022-04-19-16-52-54-01_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Cheers mate, I'm glad you got time to check it out and enjoy it 😁 we 'usually' have one out every other Friday if we've pricked your interest.

10 minutes ago, Bucketsquad said:

Producer 🥰

I was introduced to the scene when someone gave me the cassette of Producer & Grooverider at Universe In2Orbit in 1992. Completely changed everything for me.

Luke was a huge favourite in the South West in the early to mid 90s, he seemed to be at every event. Come 1995 it all got a bit too gabba for me. Would love to see him play an old school early 90s techno/Belgian set on the farm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zacko said:

Are we thinking we might get a Silver Hayes announcement or something this week? 

Sounds like the Arcadia lineup is a week or two away yet based on what a pal in the know told me earlier.

if you want some clarity on next announcements .... id advise you dont look in the next announcement thread 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Are we thinking we might get a Silver Hayes announcement or something this week? 

Sounds like the Arcadia lineup is a week or two away yet based on what a pal in the know told me earlier.

That would be quite early for Arcadia if its a week or two, usually they are one of the last near the end of May

1 hour ago, gfa said:

That would be quite early for Arcadia if its a week or two, usually they are one of the last near the end of May

Ah just reread the message, the pal is thinking they'll get an advance of the lineup, but doesn't actually mention anything going public at that point - my bad!

Edited by Zacko

14 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Amazing. My first event of that size was Big Love in 93. A month after my sixteenth birthday. Good times. Did you do any others?

Did the universes. A few of the orbital ones and others I just can't remember the names of,  plenty of warehouses around the South West, but that was in the back of a car and off so no idea where they were. I was looking for the flyers the other day to sick up in the shed I have my decks in. Looks like I have lost them all which is gutting beyond belief

Half knew the chap behind Universe and many years later in a small field where he put on a party I am sure Producer did that. 

5 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Did the universes. A few of the orbital ones and others I just can't remember the names of,  plenty of warehouses around the South West, but that was in the back of a car and off so no idea where they were. I was looking for the flyers the other day to sick up in the shed I have my decks in. Looks like I have lost them all which is gutting beyond belief

Half knew the chap behind Universe and many years later in a small field where he put on a party I am sure Producer did that. 

I have around 10% (the Universe, Fantazia, Obsession, Dance Planet and local south west ones) of my flyers from then. Like most kids at the time, my bedroom wall was covered by so many, you couldn't see the wallpaper. I put the vast majority of them all in an A1 art folder when I left home and they disappeared. Gutted.

Alon Shulman? He's since written this book. Highly recommended read. 

I think he's Carl Cox' manager amongst other things these days. 

download.png

40 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Amazing. My first event of that size was Big Love in 93. A month after my sixteenth birthday. Good times. Did you do any others?

One of my first 'outdoor' bookings was the Big Love they did in Oxford in '96. Great night. Paul Shurey RIP. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I have around 10% (the Universe, Fantazia, Obsession, Dance Planet and local south west ones) of my flyers from then. Like most kids at the time, my bedroom wall was covered by so many, you couldn't see the wallpaper. I put the vast majority of them all in an A1 art folder when I left home and they disappeared. Gutted.

Alon Shulman? He's since written this book. Highly recommended read. 

I think he's Carl Cox' manager amongst other things these days. 

download.png

Cheers, shall get that

I do look back on it with fondness and haziness