Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

There is something special about genosys in monday morning daylight though, basically a field of swaying braindead zombies at that stage, just squeezing the last few drops out of the party.

It's always nice to feel seen 😬😊

I've very recently moved to Bath for a new (well, my first real) job, if anyone has any dnb/house/funky recommendations for any day parties I should check out in Bristol please let me know, haven't done anything proper since pre-pandemic and I'm missing it

5 hours ago, tpark said:

I've very recently moved to Bath for a new (well, my first real) job, if anyone has any dnb/house/funky recommendations for any day parties I should check out in Bristol please let me know, haven't done anything proper since pre-pandemic and I'm missing it

The Intrigue parties are excellent. If you want to have an absolutely mental one, the Black Swan always has something interesting on. On the House/Techno tip, this is unmissable:

https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Bristol/Lost-Horizon-HQ/Empathy-21st-Birthday-w-Laurent-Garnier/36059928/

Edited by David_303

7 hours ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

The music he releases as Amon Tobin on Warp is really different...downtempo experimental electronica with exceptional production and sound design.

His Two Fingers sets are beat-heavy, halfstep mixed with dnb dancefloor stuff. Highly recommend...enjoyI

Amon Tobin’s ISAM tour with the projection mapping was amazing. Absolute glitchy heaven.

Edited by Twiggy553

Anjunadeep’s been spoken about here back along, and how much I’d wet myself for some early Friday evening sunset vibes on the farm, preferably at the Glade 🙏  

This Böhmer set is incredible, particular attention to the track drop at 30:07… 👌

Absolutely sublime finish with Need to Feel Loved as last track.

My first visit to Printworks (what a venue that is) and this set slotted in between Jody/Grant & Tinlicker, was the surprise highlight of the night for us.

This last one I’ve played & played, was my go to for a some time. It’s probably why I was a little underwhelmed with their set at PW in December. Was the first time I’d heard Overtones, which sent me down a bit of a Frost rabbit hole afterwards.

Not sure what it is about the uplifting soul tingling progressive Anjuna tones that hits a nerve. Think it stems back to the late 90’s early 00’s trance classics, and then appreciation for Adam K, Soha, EDX, Ned Shepard and the likes, even the early Deadmau5’s years.

Have a great Saturday all 😎

3 hours ago, yehbutnobut said:

My first visit to Printworks (what a venue that is) and this set slotted in between Jody/Grant & Tinlicker, was the surprise highlight of the night for us.

I find this so strange, I went to Printworks for the first time and really wasn't impressed by the main room with the balconys - it felt like an eternal fight to stay central and I would much prefer London had a venue like WHP project. Its so thin as well so unless you want to be packed in line a sardine you end up very far away. I think its a cool venue but would just prefer a more traditional warehouse

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

I find this so strange, I went to Printworks for the first time and really wasn't impressed by the main room with the balconys - it felt like an eternal fight to stay central and I would much prefer London had a venue like WHP project. Its so thin as well so unless you want to be packed in line a sardine you end up very far away. I think its a cool venue but would just prefer a more traditional warehouse

Weird aint it, everything is subjective I suppose. We had balcony tickets, and even though you could take in the atmosphere and the lighting, the sound wasn’t the best up (wouldn’t bother with the extra expense if we went again). Was only until we ventured down in amongst it near the front, parked ourselves in front of a pillar, had a really good view of the booth & the visuals etc when it all started to make sense. Fancy a la Discotheque or Glitterbox night there next.

4 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

I found the beauty of having so many repeaters in the space is that you don't need to be down the front. The sound is good and loud all the way to the back.

I love Printworks and it's a shame it's closing to be turned into offices. 

This rumour is everywhere! The lease has been extended for a decent bit longer I think.

Its a decent venue and obviously the only place you can see DJ sets from the biggest acts but i'd just like to see something more traditional (and the other side of London!)

Edited by gfa

3 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Oh really? That's good news if true.

It was always my understanding that it was only ever a temporary space and this article in Mixmag seemed to confirm that plans are afoot for the new development.

I think its got the rest of this year at least, its time is definitely ticking down but it was originally meant to have already shut i think.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

I think its got the rest of this year at least, its time is definitely ticking down but it was originally meant to have already shut i think.

Maybe I'm just getting old and there's dozens of places I don't know about, but between this and The Cause closing down things are looking pretty bleak in Old London Town right now. 

26 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

I love the main floor at Printworks, massively prefer it to WHP at Mayfield Depot. Mayfield felt too big and sprawled out and too rammed at the same time, spent all night trying and failing to find a good spot for anything. 

WHP at Store Street, on the other hand, was a #vibe. 

for me the concourse at WHP is far superior to the depot , proper vibe in there.

37 minutes ago, Btyler said:

for me the concourse at WHP is far superior to the depot , proper vibe in there.

This recent season's slightly revamped Archive at WHP was great too. Sound massively improved on pre-pandemic seasons. The depot can be great, but you need the right artist, time of night and crowd all to gel. Jeff Mills in
November in the Depot was a really amazing vibe. 

Ben

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

This recent season's slightly revamped Archive at WHP was great too. Sound massively improved on pre-pandemic seasons. The depot can be great, but you need the right artist, time of night and crowd all to gel. Jeff Mills in

Ben

That was the exact night I was there and just couldn't get into it! Turns out these things are completely subjective, who knew...?

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Yeah agree with depot with the right artist is spectacular - seen prydz at both printworks and depot - depot superior for me

2 minutes ago, Btyler said:

Yeah agree with depot with the right artist is spectacular - seen prydz at both printworks and depot - depot superior for me

Any chance of Eric prydz at the farm this year do we think?

would love him to do a cirez d set there 

7 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Any chance of Eric prydz at the farm this year do we think?

would love him to do a cirez d set there 

a cirez d or a prydz set at the spider would be outrageous ( i know theres little chance the spider is back but allow me the thought)