Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

22 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Intel on other threads is suggesting Saturday or Sunday night Sonic headliner, I think

Hmm, vs Macca or Bicep. 

Having seen Orbital a few times I fear they'll miss out in those battles. Always interesting seeing how my mind works when actually in the field though 😂

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

The team behind Love Saves The Day festival have taken over running the Silver Hayes area so with that there's potential for a revamp which possibly would then include a larger outdoor dance stage perhaps?

With Fatboy Slim and Orbital headlining (bringing the associated large crowds with them) I'd sway towards the above being a strong possibility.

An outdoor dance stage would be great I think, something like that Dekmantal one would be awesome!

10 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Surely they won’t put them up against Bicep…

I don't think it would be too absurd if Bicep weren't looking to be the largest dance headliner this year (assuming nobody is added against Macca on Other)

46 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Would love to see Gerald Donald's Dopplereffekt at the farm.

I've no intel, just thinking wishfully; putting it out there cos I've been enjoying the new tracks and I'm excited for the album to drop

Bloody hell, that's good! Bleepy, glitchy, acidy live electro? I rather think so...

Ben

2 minutes ago, BAKE said:

Lots of research to do before this year's festival, especially with the long break since the last one. I'm getting to the stage where I often don't recognise any of the electronic acts on a lineup.

Well Bicep is a good place to start. Bloody amazing.

4 minutes ago, BAKE said:

Lots of research to do before this year's festival, especially with the long break since the last one. I'm getting to the stage where I often don't recognise any of the electronic acts on a lineup.

Stay on this thread, it's been an invaluable source of information on all things electronic at Glastonbury for years

Initially I thought I’d be pretty surprised if Orbital was scheduled directly vs Bicep. As much for the acts as anything else. While not exactly the same, would a Sonic headliner steal an Other stage headliners crowd dependent on weather, for example?

After further consideration, would be convenient to see both acts with that location: know I saw both Chemical Brothers (DJ Set) and Fatboy Slim (Live) in 2005 with the proximity of the two.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Stay on this thread, it's been an invaluable source of information on all things electronic at Glastonbury for years

For sure. I've discovered a few absolute gems in here even though I only drop in occasionally. HAAi Above the Parakeets being one!

3 minutes ago, David_303 said:

Overmono are very good. Stupidly good. 

Yeah I keep hearing about them, any sets in particular you would recommend? Didn't like their tracks on Spotify so just assumed I wouldn't like their dj sets either.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yes, that HoB weekend looks great! Big fan of Henry Saiz' work. Danny Howells is one of the nicest guys on the scene, too. I know for sure that if he's not playing, he'll more than likely be at the festival. Probably with the likes of Cattaneo, Sasha, Diggers, Warren, etc. In fact, if at least two of those aren't in and around the Glade this year, I'll be amazed

Indeed. I'd be surprised if Sasha isn't here this year. He tends to paly every other year and it's been 5!. Nick warren and Dave Seaman virtually every single year. Digweed absolutely loved it last time so could come straight back.