Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

21 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

I’ve actually heard otherwise, that they won’t be there this year , but I am absolutely here for that information to be wrong 

I'd love you to be wrong, though I'm intrigued as to where they would play. I can't see them in a 'main' stage headline slot that hasn't yet been filled. they ain't going to stick them on Glade at 2230h like they sometimes do with decent sized acts.

DJ set?

Ben

If there's to be a Sliver Hayes revamp, could there be a larger outdoor stage round that way? It's not an area I've ever spent much time in aside from Hessle Audio and Space Dimension Controller on that stage that looks like a boat who's name escapes me.

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'd love you to be wrong, though I'm intrigued as to where they would play. I can't see them in a 'main' stage headline slot that hasn't yet been filled. they ain't going to stick them on Glade at 2230h like they sometimes do with decent sized acts.

DJ set?

Ben

The team behind Love Saves The Day festival have taken over running the Silver Hayes area so with that there's potential for a revamp which possibly would then include a larger outdoor dance stage perhaps?

With Fatboy Slim and Orbital headlining (bringing the associated large crowds with them) I'd sway towards the above being a strong possibility.

18 hours ago, rgalbraith said:

Main stages for Friday and Saturday don't really do it for me (lots of clashes on Sunday annoyingly based in clashfinder). 

So one of Saturday/Sunday will be my hard core dance day/night 💥

Anyone any idea when they will release the dance area and naughty corners line ups?

Also had anyone seen The House of barefoot line up? If we get anything like those lot at Glastonbury I'll be in heaven! I know a lot of them are glastonbury stalwarts so not totally out of the question...

Just need Adam Freeland to come back from the American desert as well 🤞

Can you tell I like prog and breaks? 😂

Any other recommendations gladly received. Been out of the game for a while (bloody kids). First Glastonbury for 9 years after not missing one since 1997......

Yes, that HoB weekend looks great! Big fan of Henry Saiz' work. Danny Howells is one of the nicest guys on the scene, too. I know for sure that if he's not playing, he'll more than likely be at the festival. Probably with the likes of Cattaneo, Sasha, Diggers, Warren, etc. In fact, if at least two of those aren't in and around the Glade this year, I'll be amazed

• Thanks 1

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yes, that HoB weekend looks great! Big fan of Henry Saiz' work. Danny Howells is one of the nicest guys on the scene, too. I know for sure that if he's not playing, he'll more than likely be at the festival. Probably with the likes of Cattaneo, Sasha, Diggers, Warren, etc. In fact, if at least two of those aren't in and around the Glade this year, I'll be amazed

Concurred! Many unforgettable nights hearing Danny in Lush!, Portrush in N Ireland. We've met him literally every Glastonbury we've been at having a dander about. He's such a gent.

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

DJ set?

Ben

Get em on that Spider. Oooosh!

The dream would be for Silver Hayes to get a stage with a wrap around screen like the main stage at Dekmantel.

Saw Orbital headline there the year I went and it is just mesmerising.

It would definitely help draw some more people to that area too to help with the crowd distribution across the site.

See the source image

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’d probably trust the source here tbh … decent record in getting things right 😀

Ah wonderful stuff! I shall trust that one

someone I know was at a dinner with one half of Orbital recently (unsure which half though) and he said they weren’t going to be there this year,  but could very easily have been keeping trying to keep quiet on the matter

we live in optimistic hope !🤞🏻

6 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

The dream would be for Silver Hayes to get a stage with a wrap around screen like the main stage at Dekmantel.

It would definitely help draw some more people to that area too to help with the crowd distribution across the site.

See the source image

What a great idea. I take zero pleasure in Silver Hayes being seen by so many, me included, as a bit of a failed experiment. I love the festival, and want all the areas to be brilliant, whether or not I'll ever spend any significant time there. If the only major change this year was a revamp of Silver Hayes to something really exciting, I'd take that happily.

Ben

1 minute ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

My favourite area last time I was there in 2017. Absolutely loved The Blues, Wow and Sonic. To each their own, obvs.

I also had a soft spot for The Blues but it was gone in 2019. 

A new team has surely got to mean a revamp of some sorts? If they can actually draw a crowd there post-headliners it'll take some of the pressure off the SE corner.

15 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

See the source image

It's a shame the Gas Tower isn't bigger, cos that would be mind-blowing. Fuck it, stick em on the Gas Tower up against all of the other main stage headliners. It would be full of people there purely to see them, too! 

Shutterstock_10322856am.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's a shame the Gas Tower isn't bigger, cos that would be mind-blowing. Fuck it, stick em on the Gas Tower up against all of the other main stage headliners. It would be full of people there purely to see them, too! 

Shutterstock_10322856am.jpg

Never got into the gas tower... if Friday night's main stage headliners are as bleak as they look currently for me... I might go to the SE Corner early

Just now, zeppelin said:

I feel like I'm going to get really excited for Orbital playing, just to realise they clash with someone else I'm desperate to see (e.g. Macca).

But yeah really don't know where they'd play now! 

Intel on other threads is suggesting Saturday or Sunday night Sonic headliner, I think

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Saw that in 2011. Sound quality was poor, so I left.

Needs to happen again

Pretty sure that was a DJ set

It was awful, I'm not sure it was just the sound quality! 

Crowd was huge too! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Would love to see Gerald Donald's Dopplereffekt at the farm.

I've no intel, just thinking wishfully; putting it out there cos I've been enjoying the new tracks and I'm excited for the album to drop

Now you are talking! Would love this

Saw Dopplereffekt at BLOC one year, one of the best 'slow' sets I have ever seen

Amazing

2 minutes ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Would love to see Gerald Donald's Dopplereffekt at the farm.

I've no intel, just thinking wishfully; putting it out there cos I've been enjoying the new tracks and I'm excited for the album to drop

A bit too avante garde for me, that. I don't hate it, there are some beautiful soundscapes in there, it's just my tastes are a little less esoteric! Great visuals, though. One for IICON, if anywhere

• Like 1