Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 4/5/2022 at 8:54 AM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

HAAi is a lock.

Do we know that for sure? Would LOVE to see her play. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Throwback to 2019. Charlotte De Witte playing this early 2000s trance classic at Arcadia...

Now this is right up my street 😃 Are there any stages/venues/DJs at the festival who reliably play more 2000s era trance & house?

I’m laughably out of touch with modern dance music & DJs, so struggle a bit knowing what I’m going to get just from the names on the lineup… 

(HAAi is a rare exception, I just happened to come across windows down system up when it first came out and watched/listened to a lot of her sets since then.)

Edited by jimmillen

13 hours ago, rubick said:

There's another one by Irish director Paul Duane, which is more focused upon their latest Mummufication project and follows them in the build up to the initial 2023/400 event in Liverpool in 2017. They give him absolute death throughout and want him to delete it 😂 

Jimmy: "Well, I don't hate it."

Link to the actual stream on the video btw

Came here to post this exact link, love Paul Duane! Great filmmaker and seems like a genuinely sound fella

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2022 at 12:10 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Patrick Topping mercifully stepping away from the decks so that Monika Kruse could take over at the Temple in 2019 was one of the best moments of the festival for me.

😉

Ben

I agree totally with this one 🙂 Sad news on the Monika Kruse front though , she confirmed to a friend directly she isn't playing again this year unfortunately. 

Edited by kemosabe

10 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Came here to post this exact link, love Paul Duane! Great filmmaker and seems like a genuinely sound fella

Yeah, come across as really passionate about his craft. He also directed Best Before Death, which was exclusively about Bill Drummond, following him across the world on various happenings that Bill feels compelled to do. Think this was broadcast on BBC Scotland but is available to buy via Anti-Worlds I think, with a director's commentary featuring Bill and Paul arguing a lot! 😂

Paul Duane was one of the 400, in the choir backing Jarvis Cocker's version of Justified & Ancient. 

Edited by rubick

16 hours ago, jimmillen said:

Do we know that for sure? Would LOVE to see her play. 

Now this is right up my street 😃 Are there any stages/venues/DJs at the festival who reliably play more 2000s era trance & house?

I’m laughably out of touch with modern dance music & DJs, so struggle a bit knowing what I’m going to get just from the names on the lineup… 

(HAAi is a rare exception, I just happened to come across windows down system up when it first came out and watched/listened to a lot of her sets since then.)

There's always the likes of Sasha & Digweed, Nick Warren, Dave Seaman, Danny Howells and Darren Emerson playing Saturday night sets on the main Glade stage. Not sure if they'll be playing tunes from that era though. I think there's been a rumour of Paul Oakenfold playing this year somewhere too.

5 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Gave this a listen, and bought it. 

Got the Bandcamp email this morning (and about 20 others!), will give it the once over later.

That app is far too handy for beat purchases.

Edited by rubick

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

There's always the likes of Sasha & Digweed, Nick Warren, Dave Seaman, Danny Howells and Darren Emerson playing Saturday night sets on the main Glade stage. Not sure if they'll be playing tunes from that era though. I think there's been a rumour of Paul Oakenfold playing this year somewhere too.

Thanks, I'll be spending more time at the Glade this year I think... 😄

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like newer stuff - I definitely do. Not all about the retro tunes! But there's such a vast choice out there I can't keep up, and I don't get the chance to listen to enough to really start pinning down what I like. Very frustrating.

In any case going to try & listen to more recommendations in this thread, giving Overmono a go now. 🙂   

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0015ljb

Job Jobse Essential Mix for anyone interested 

Finally saw him at Waterworks & defo would love to catch another of his sets at Glasto

I blame Job Jobse for making me think the Blessed Madonna is a much better DJ than she actually is. First time I saw her was a b2b with Jobse and every time since has confirmed he was doing a lot of heavy lifting that night.