Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

In terms of other big hitters, I could also see the likes of Peggy Gou and Honey Dijon rock up. Maybe NYC Downlow. The latter was part of the Live at Worthy Farm event, wasn't she?

Yep, the (awesome) set is on Spotify FYI.

NYC Downlow would be perfect for her. Hopefully somewhere else too as I'm not queueing 3 hours to get in!!

Just now, nikkic said:

Yep, the (awesome) set is on Spotify FYI.

NYC Downlow would be perfect for her. Hopefully somewhere else too as I'm not queueing 3 hours to get in!!

I've said on another thread that one night I'm definitely foregoing a main stage headliner to get stuck into the SEC nice and early. Possibly Friday but Sunday night in NYC Downlow feels like the party at the end of the world

TSHA i could see fit very nicely in the Thursday Sliver Hayes bill, she's been massively up and coming lately, as well as Arielle Free - would also love to see Effy somewhere over the weekend as i never got to see much of her at Lost Village, and add Eclair Fifi to the hopeful list 

Also another big upvote for Eli and Fur/Anjuna somewhere in the Glade 

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

In terms of other big hitters, I could also see the likes of Peggy Gou and Honey Dijon rock up. Maybe NYC Downlow. The latter was part of the Live at Worthy Farm event, wasn't she?

Honey Dijon in NYC Downlow would be off the scale but it's too small for that to be her only appearance. 

She played Junkyard at Lost Village and it was packed out.  That set was a lot of fun.  She defo belongs in Block 9 though. 

35 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've said on another thread that one night I'm definitely foregoing a main stage headliner to get stuck into the SEC nice and early. Possibly Friday but Sunday night in NYC Downlow feels like the party at the end of the world

Got to be done at least one in your Glasto career I say!

We skipped the headliners on the Sat in 2017, had a wander and then settled into some DnB in The Common. Felt like we were there minutes but we looked at the time when we left, it had been 4 hours!

Good times. 

50 minutes ago, stuie said:

She played Junkyard at Lost Village and it was packed out.  That set was a lot of fun.  She defo belongs in Block 9 though. 

It's about time that I tried to get to Lost Village - especially as it's only a 10 minute drive for me. 

18 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Got to be done at least one in your Glasto career I say!

We skipped the headliners on the Sat in 2017, had a wander and then settled into some DnB in The Common. Felt like we were there minutes but we looked at the time when we left, it had been 4 hours!

Good times. 

Yeah, that little corner of Somerset can be a time machine. Losing track of time and only realising it when you notice it getting light again is the best! Forcing yourself to stay up until it gets light doesn't feel the same

13 minutes ago, David_303 said:

It's about time that I tried to get to Lost Village - especially as it's only a 10 minute drive for me. 

It's very far from us down here on the SE coast but we made the road trip as not too many festivals got to run last year!  Overall, it's a great festival - awesome stages, forest parties, high production levels, great line up. 

It's like a baby Boomtown. 

BUT... we're all early 40's and felt a bit old.  It's a very young crowd, not mixed like Glasto, Boomtown or Noisily etc.

32 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Patrick Topping has liked this tweet… 

That’ll be a swerve from me, can’t fault the booking or what he’s doing with Trick label, especially catapulting Ewan McVicar into the scene. He’ll draw a big crowd for sure , but seen him twice and both times found it very underwhelming

4 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

That’ll be a swerve from me, can’t fault the booking or what he’s doing with Trick label, especially catapulting Ewan McVicar into the scene. He’ll draw a big crowd for sure , but seen him twice and both times found it very underwhelming

Patrick Topping into Monika Kruse at The Temple in 2019 (03:00 to 06:00) was one of the best moments of the festival for me.  

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

Patrick Topping into Monika Kruse at The Temple in 2019 (03:00 to 06:00) was one of the best moments of the festival for me.  

Ahhh fair play! Different folks different strokes , but I’m probably being a bit harsh on the guy. last time I saw him was DC10 in 2018 and I’m sure he’s definitely improved since then, time before that he was in Nottingham between Pawsa and Melé and he just didn’t deliver the same energy of the other 2, it might be a ‘if I wander nearby I’ll check him out’ job

20 minutes ago, rubick said:

Any Red Axes fans on the thread?

Only 2 dates listed with RA for June, but one of those is a festival in Mallorca over Glastonbury weekend.

https://ra.co/dj/redaxes/tour-dates

I wasn't aware of these two. Just got the Boiler Room 2019 set on now. Absolute 💣 💥

Thanks for sharing, once again this thread delivers!

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I wasn't aware of these two. Just got the Boiler Room 2019 set on now. Absolute 💣 💥

Thanks for sharing, once again this thread delivers!

No problem, nice to give something back the odd time! 😂

15 minutes ago, stuie said:

Patrick Topping mercifully stepping away from the decks so that Monika Kruse could take over at the Temple in 2019 was one of the best moments of the festival for me.

😉

Ben

5 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Ahhh fair play! Different folks different strokes , but I’m probably being a bit harsh on the guy. last time I saw him was DC10 in 2018 and I’m sure he’s definitely improved since then, time before that he was in Nottingham between Pawsa and Melé and he just didn’t deliver the same energy of the other 2, it might be a ‘if I wander nearby I’ll check him out’ job

Fair enough!

There's lots of variables in those 'moments' though isn't there.  Location, crowd energy, company, supplements etc 😂